Server time (UTC): 2019-06-20, 06:12
Sign in to follow this  
Zanaan

A Free Zagoria

Kane reclines in bed tracing his fingers over the healed gun wounds across his chest before coughing once more. He would then stare out the window as various radios in the room blared in and out with various messages before he grabbed his own radio and waited for a pause in all the chatter before pressing the button, speaking in a clear American accent.

"Brotherd and Sisters of South Zagoria, I have listened to your constant bickering and fighting amongst yourselves these past few months, and frankly I'm tired of it all.

But as I listen there is something I have grown even more tired of. The governing bodies of the world. They have abandoned you. They have assailed you. Forced you from your homes and, I suspect, caused this infection to begin with.

They sit within their walled off cities and gas our towns, bomb our borders, and send armies to harass our people. And in spite of everything, no matter what these governments do, you have prevailed.

As a country we are hardly perfect, whether a native Chernarussian protecting his homestead, or a foreigner just wanting to get by you have all prevailed. So let's acknowledge that, though we come from many different roads, speak many languages, and have many ideals, that we are all here together, surviving together. We are all, for now at least, Zagorians, and we shouldn't stand to be terrorized by men hiding in bunkers and behind walls.  We shouldn't submit to cowards who'd rather further our suffering than profer aid to their own kin, who bomb our towns and threaten any who simply wish to survive. 

My name is Kane, and I call for a free Zagoria, no longer enslaved to the greed of men who abandoned us to our fate."

He would set down his radio then and cough once more, curious if anyone even heard him or cared what he had to say.

"Oi lad, I see what you mean. While I'm all for you free Zagoria, I don't think that means you wipe out any semblance of government. They're still people, lad, and I don't see why you should go outta your way to fuck with them. Besides, not all government folks are bad. Its like one bad apple - it shouldn't ruin the whole batch."

"Anyway laddie, best of luck with what your trying to do. But remember that in the end, government people are people too."

*a gruff rather fake or forced Russian sounding voice with a hint of Chernarussian overtones would pierce the frequency for a brief moment*

"Never fear Mr. Kane. All of these uniformed pigs are going to slow roast within their armored vehicles and their walled cities and towns soon enough. A new order is rising that will cover the land in a tide of the blood of our oppressors. The people will reign supreme once more!"

*chants*

"Sworn to avenge, Condemned to Hell, Tempt not the blade, All fear the Sentinel!!!"

*the rather odd sounding voice would fade*

Kane retrieves his radio and pauses a moment to choose his words before he speaks

"My brother, I do not hold ill thoughts on the idea of government, but I do want our region self governed rather than under the thumb of those that see us as nothing more than resources. 

As for our Sentinel friend, I must say you're very... enthusiastic. But before we can ever truly be free collateral must be obtained. We must show those that attack us that the cost would be greater than the resources gained from doing so. Until that time I cannot provide more than ideology.

There will be much to do to truly become free my brothers and sisters, but I know that you all will persevere, because above all else we are survivors. We are Zagoria"

He quickly released his push to talk then just before falling into a fit of coughing,  and reached around fumbling for a glass of water. 

a drunken chernarusian voice can be heard over the waves all of a sudden. his voice is full of pride.

" sláva do vlasti. sláva lidem. starý svět je pryč a musíme přežít novou. ať slovanský podřepu, jak ukázat vám cestu ke štěstí. žádná vláda nebo skupina ozbrojených mužů může mít svou hrdost nebo svého ducha. být pravda do svého vlastního a milostný život, i když je to těžké, kdo žije."

a loud burp and a hiccup follows then static returns to the waves.

[translation: glory to the homeland. the glory to the people. Old World is gone and we have to survive this new one. embrace Slavic squatting to show you the way to happiness. no government or group of armed men can take your pride or your spirit. be true to your own life and love. even when it's hard to live."

Shaking his head, he grabs the radio to respond. Chernarussian accent, it seems. Yes, quite likely. He does change his pitch a tad though, to mask his voice somewhat.

<:: Hardship creates new bonds among people, most notably those who go through the hardships together. I get some aspects or points you make.

But hardship doesn't just simply or easily wash away traditions and cultural bonds. What incentive does a majority of Chernarussians have to lose part of their homeland to others? Why would trapped foreigners who originate from somewhere else forfeit their homes and past to live in some post-apocalyptic shithole province - no offense, but the infrastructure is damaged and infected still roam in great numbers, and this is my home.

There is a short break.

<:: I also question your motives and why you name "governments", collectively, as bad. Governments and their agencies, forces and so on are what kept and still keeps the infection in some sort of "checks n' balances" or suppresses it, where we would've failed globally otherwise without those resources and men. Men and women. Like, you paint a bad guy that can hardly be generalized globally and is, in most cases, not the bad guy. Unless you are actively fighting against them for your own motives, are a secessionist, perhaps extremist, something like that. Now of course, on a global and perhaps even local scale, mistakes were and perhaps are made. But at the same time there is a lot of stress on humans and since governments are also just a collection of people, mistakes, errors, all that can happen. But those people still provide some sort of order, safety and some kind of normal life for many people. Trying to 'steal' a province or take it up with everyone only creates more bloodshed. Besides, I don't think your idea will work well in the end, due to cultural reasons and whatnot.

Think about it.

Click.

Looks at the radio with a look of boredom on his face but still picks it up to respond. Taking a deep breathe Kane presses the push to talk then before beginning. 

"My friend, one of the most bonding things anyone can share is to fight a common enemy. It helps to see past the differences that define us.

As for Chernarussians having to forfeit property, I've never once believed that to be right. But new homes can be built, new infrastructure forged, and old facilities repaired. There is nothing in this... province as you put it that is truly irreplaceable besides the people who walk along side you. 

As for governments keeping the infection in check, you are grossly misinformed. The last time the world governments sent anyone to this country it wasn't even to find a cure, but rather a trigger by which to activate the virus within carriers. This was admitted by their own people. 

Now you have CDF in the territory acting like terrorists and, if my information is accurate, putting guns to doctors' heads and threatening their lives at a free clinic. 

No, it is not I who have some other motivation in this... in fact I'm openly making myself a target by doing this. It is the governments of the world with their own motivations for your land and your people that started this mess and let it become what it is today."

Exhausted he sets down the radio before closing his eyes to get some rest. 

"Aye laddy, I was there. I was one of the hostages the CDF took, saw it with me own eyes. But this thing your talkin' bout? An independent Zagoria? Aye, I know some friends who may be interested. If your serious about it and not tuggin my leg, hit me up on a private frequency."

<:: Right, I think you are misinformed or simply want to have that enemy. With not just the infection but all sorts of related political and social 'fallout' ravaging the planet, or almost all of the planet, do you think they can bother to send more forces here when their own nations and homes are on fire? Are you angry at people not being ABLE to help you or not being able to prioritize YOU or THIS PLACE?

There is a short break, you can hear him moderately sigh.

<:: And the closest national government, if you haven't noticed, is trying to keep everything together in whatever safe zones remain while fighting communist separatists in the North AND the Russian military. Sorry no one comes here to roll out the red carpet - but anyone who's had enough of the oblast can try to head West and get to a safezone, get out of this forsaken, war-torn place. Sorry no one can send a taxi, it is what it is. I'm also not aware of anything regarding odd virus tests you mention.

Last but not least, I'm not sure what hostage-taking you speak about, I doubt military forces here would just do that. Maybe it's some irregular unit, a few who went nuts, people simply wearing the uniforms, etc. If you want to fight something or someone, fight the infected. Let's not add fuel to the fire by fighting ourselves.

Click.

3 hours ago, Zanaan said:

Looks at the radio with a look of boredom on his face but still picks it up to respond. Taking a deep breathe Kane presses the push to talk then before beginning. 

"My friend, one of the most bonding things anyone can share is to fight a common enemy. It helps to see past the differences that define us.

As for Chernarussians having to forfeit property, I've never once believed that to be right. But new homes can be built, new infrastructure forged, and old facilities repaired. There is nothing in this... province as you put it that is truly irreplaceable besides the people who walk along side you. 

As for governments keeping the infection in check, you are grossly misinformed. The last time the world governments sent anyone to this country it wasn't even to find a cure, but rather a trigger by which to activate the virus within carriers. This was admitted by their own people. 

Now you have CDF in the territory acting like terrorists and, if my information is accurate, putting guns to doctors' heads and threatening their lives at a free clinic. 

No, it is not I who have some other motivation in this... in fact I'm openly making myself a target by doing this. It is the governments of the world with their own motivations for your land and your people that started this mess and let it become what it is today."

Exhausted he sets down the radio before closing his eyes to get some rest. 

*a Chernarussian voice would pierce the frequency*

"I'll have you know that those men who did that are not even CDF by origin, they are a militant group that has broken from the party. There are no CDF formations in existence currently in South Zagoria, but that may always change. Those men are not under the direction of a government anyway. Even if all the governments of the world were trying to kill and make designs on everybody here would still be killing each other and feuding over nothing, so if you want to look elsewhere for false orders and motives from a government that has more important concerns then do so, but get your own house in order first. Trust me sir when I say the everlasting petulance of the factions that exist here far exceeds the sinister designs of the Chernarussian or perhaps even the Russian state for this place..."

*fades*

Kane strum his fingers as he listens, sipping at some medicinal tea as he does so before responding. 

"Good sir, I am curious to will I am speaking. Also while I hear what you are saying, they move and act as the CDF in your name including pulling rank and all that militaristic stuff. 

But presuming you are correct and there are no sanctioned activities then, then we the people are welcome to treat them as nothing more than deserters playing at being official, which I am sure many will be happy to do.

Now as for getting our house in order, that is what I seek to, but to do so properly would mean not recieving outside interference from any entity.  That means being recognized by said entities as being independent from them so that we may focus on self governance. 

I will not lie, things here are a mess, but not an irreversible one. I look forward to seeing a free and united Zagoria, and I hope the same holds true for others."

Kane would release the transmitter then before returning to his tea.

Edited by Zanaan

A gruff and exhausted Chernarussian voice filled the air waves

"Friend, need I remind you last time a group of people tried to take away my homeland? If you like- I can even show you the tree they were hanging from."

The radio clicked, the man, in his late 20's to early 30's, would lay back against the tree.

He would set his tea down again with a sigh before once again picking up his radio

"Sometimes I think people intentionally mishear what I say. Take your homeland? 

I wish to do no such thing, nor would I dream of forcing you from your home. Everyone is entitled to protect their homestead, and that should never change. The fact is though that Zagoria is no longer a province overseen by President who attends to all the formal affairs of the state.

Instead it has become chaotic, lacking any semblance of unity or order. I wish to change that by bringing all the people together, and forming a free state that tends to the affairs of your homeland so that, one day, we can all peacefully walk the streets without fear. 

I do not blame you though for your hesitance in believing me, so many have attempted to lay claim to what is not theirs. But I hope that together we can work toward something greater than ourselves."

He set the radio aside then before pulling out a pen and paper.

7 hours ago, Zanaan said:

Kane strum his fingers as he listens, sipping at some medicinal tea as he does so before responding. 

"Good sir, I am curious to will I am speaking. Also while I hear what you are saying, they move and act as the CDF in your name including pulling rank and all that militaristic stuff. 

But presuming you are correct and there are no sanctioned activities then, then we the people are welcome to treat them as nothing more than deserters playing at being official, which I am sure many will be happy to do.

Now as for getting our house in order, that is what I seek to, but to do so properly would mean not recieving outside interference from any entity.  That means being recognized by said entities as being independent from them so that we may focus on self governance. 

I will not lie, things here are a mess, but not an irreversible one. I look forward to seeing a free and united Zagoria, and I hope the same holds true for others."

Kane would release the transmitter then before returning to his tea.

*the voice would return*

"They are not acting in my name because I am not CDF. People are ignorant of facts and freely refer to any armed group of Chernarussians as CDF. The last CDF unit left the province in tatters in late August, and even they were not officially deployed here and disobeyed orders to pull out at the start. Outside interference has not precluded any sort of development or peace here. Most people here are foreign and as such are not citizens and have no right to be independent from a legal sense, all though that doesn't matter that much at this point. If such a federation existed it would be subject to State law. Nobody on my side seeks to stop that. We only seek the elimination of terrorism and the destruction of the infection, hence why we have expended years worth of jet fuel to thin out hordes that pass into South Zagoria. Ever wonder why you haven't killed all the infected? That's because they come from Russia, through northern Takistan and across the Chernarussian border, then into the interior and across the oblasts to you. Groups that seek to destroy the State will be eliminated, as it is the duty of every soldier and citizen to defend his nation and in return the State provides. I have a family back in the Green Zone that is under threat from those who wish to demolish the government. Everybody else would be swallowed up, innocents. Terrible things must be done, but destroying those who have the ability and are actively seeking to return civilization is nonsense. I wish you luck on your mission for this place, if you are successful I will approach you. Good day."

*fades*