Jump to content
Server time (UTC): 2020-10-28, 02:09
Sign in to follow this  
isaac lineheart

A peaceful community

Recommended Posts

For being with Dayzrp for sometime now,  ( about a year or more now )  i find my self in a pickle, which some other may also find. this  is being alone in world with no protection. For many, before last lore wipe they might remember bastion group who ran a group at the new castle, and the purple bandanna group.  that mostly terrorized most of the poor souls who were alone. Now you might be thinking what is my point? well let get to that. I rarely see now groups that come together under one idea that a community is needed. for some Hobo depo could be a good way to look at this, or the Kovars market place. which was a place for good  RP, that at times can lead to friendships, and alignments. now my ask to  others. 

my ask is some time during now and before the next Update that someone will make a camp or base community, in a local city or town with in the map, and have a place where players can truly have a slice of life idea. now one of the common thoughts are how would you going protect a place like this? and what will stop big groups from attacking? well sadly i dont have all the answers to this. 
i have seen  market places kicked out of their plans and fall apart because of groups breaking apart;however, i have also seen groups like this to find their final goal ( hobo Depo). i do have personal thoughts how this might work and what laws could be used, but for me this is a draft idea that i think could do amazing in Dayzrp.

i would love to hear the ideas of other along with this.

Edited by isaac lineheart

Share this post


Link to post

I've done groups that have ran certain areas of the map and it always ends with either OOC griefing or stale RP with the same people doing the same thing 24/7, or OOC drama if one person is kicked out due to ''OOC hate'' even though they have done more than enough to warrant them being removed from the town.

TLDR: You put in way too much work for it to work, only to get shit on one way or the other.

Edited by Eagle

Share this post


Link to post

This is the second iteration of Riptide, but even the first time, every time we set up a camp there were people who would come try to strong arm, steal or capture everyone in the camp so they could rob us or take advantage of our refugees. We offered free medical services IC and items to help refugees and civilians survive but there was ALWAYS someone wanting to ruin it for everyone. I will say the RP that comes from it isnt for everyone because it can get aggravating, but its worth it, imho. 

My advice: dont get attached to the camp ooc and just enjoy the RP that comes from people wanting to fuck your shit. You'll have far more fun. Dont fight the tide. Swim with it. 

Share this post


Link to post

bring back vdv, we shall protect u all

Share this post


Link to post

Making a hotspot of peace, is a target for all sorts of people including those of the hostile variety. So, sadly even if you want to set on up you have to be ready to deal with the Pros and Cons and for a lot of people that ends up being the final straw and they pack up and dissolve. 

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, isaac lineheart said:

For being with Dayzrp for sometime now,  ( about a year or more now )  i find my self in a pickle, which some other may also find. this  is being alone in world with no protection. For many, before last lore wipe they might remember bastion group who ran a group at the new castle, and the purple bandanna group.  that mostly terrorized most of the poor souls who were alone. Now you might be thinking what is my point? well let get to that. I rarely see now groups that come together under one idea that a community is needed. for some Hobo depo could be a good way to look at this, or the Kovars market place. which was a place for good  RP, that at times can lead to friendships, and alignments. now my ask to  others. 

my ask is some time during now and before the next Update that someone will make a camp or base community, in a local city or town with in the map, and have a place where players can truly have a slice of life idea. now one of the common thoughts are how would you going protect a place like this? and what will stop big groups from attacking? well sadly i dont have all the answers to this. 
i have seen  market places kicked out of their plans and fall apart because of groups breaking apart;however, i have also seen groups like this to find their final goal ( hobo Depo). i do have personal thoughts how this might work and what laws could be used, but for me this is a draft idea that i think could do amazing in Dayzrp.

i would love to hear the ideas of other along with this.

We're all peaceful, I promise.......

Share this post


Link to post

There will never be peace in the server. There is a mixture of characters and trying to look at things like being so peaceful is unrealistic.
And peace on the forums, everyone has there own opinion and will get into a very heated debate.

The problems being is when I hear and witness people:

  • Trying to nitpick situations to intentionally get them banned because roleplay didn't go their way.
  • Where they lie to make it out as other people are bad because roleplay didn't go their way.
  • Fun on the server is making everything peaceful with rainbows, butterflies and unicorns (which makes things boring)

The best thing to have is have a neutral group, which is help everyone. If people bring problems, don't rise to it. Instead be the pushover to keep the peace. But most people can't do that because eventually they'll blow there top.

Share this post


Link to post

Well not a hang out spot in particular or hub, you should come check out the hospital ?

It does have rules to try to keep some of the chaos down. Keyword, trying.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, isaac lineheart said:

the purple bandanna group.  that mostly terrorized most of the poor souls who were alone

*Rubs hands together maniacally as he whispers* "SoonTM"

 Anyway, I feel like generally these places get griefed or have to shut down very quickly. If it were a place where we could actually build walls, or have a way for GMs+ to check who took down tents or emptied tents then it would be possible to have one of these. Right now, I dont think it would work.

Share this post


Link to post

For all those making complaints about griefers and what not, here is a guide I made ageeeees ago to make your bases and settlements resistant to both griefers and stale RP. 

Always pop this in whenever these sorta threads pop up, in the hope we get some decent bases and settlements soon TM ? 

Share this post


Link to post

Hello all again,

I wanted to clarify a few things in my last post. Many of you people have given great ideas and suggestions and thoughts of my insanity. And the issue is no matter how I put it there will always going to be hostel RP ,griefing, and at times boring RP. But with base building and new mechanics. I see a future for neutral parties to really have a start. 

Now what do I mean. Well,  with .63 many have see the sea chest which will allow the hidding of items. With his stores will be able to hide stashes of goods now also players too . Second base building will allow the wallimg off places and the ability to add new Dynamic to places. I also if dayzrp takes the road of moddimg standalone it will add more. 

 

My true want is to have a place where all players can find a second to meet others, trade, live then move in to bigger better things. I never want to see this idea as a big group that runs the server. Just the guide to your story

 

If u have question or comments you know what to do 

Share this post


Link to post

You can't really have a safe place in the apocalypse. It makes sense for it to be attacked and raided. Problem is that is what makes people tired of setting to set it up. It just becomes the same thing sadly.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Eagle said:

 

 

2 hours ago, Taryn said:

This is the second iteration of Riptide, but even the first time, every time we set up a camp there were people who would come try to strong arm, steal or capture everyone in the camp so they could rob us or take advantage of our refugees. We offered free medical services IC and items to help refugees and civilians survive but there was ALWAYS someone wanting to 

1 hour ago, Mademoiselle said:

There will never be peace in the server. There is a mixture of characters and trying to look at things like being so peaceful is unrealistic.
And peace on the forums, everyone has there own opinion and will get into a very heated debate.

The problems being is when I hear and witness people:

  • Trying to nitpick situations to intentionally get them banned because roleplay didn't go their way.
  • Where they lie to make it out as other people are bad because roleplay didn't go their way.
  • Fun on the server is making everything peaceful with rainbows, butterflies and unicorns (which makes things boring)

The best thing to have is have a neutral group, which is help everyone. If people bring problems, don't rise to it. Instead be the pushover to keep the peace. But most people can't do that because eventually they'll blow there 

Share this post


Link to post

/merged

Please dont post a new thread instead of replying. Thank You!

Share this post


Link to post

To all who commented thank you! 

I have posted a second little rant up. Along with that I go over  some of your stuff. But many if you think a idea of this won't ever happen, and well that might be the case;however, there is always a chance of it working. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, isaac lineheart said:

To all who commented thank you! 

I have posted a second little rant up. Along with that I go over  some of your stuff. But many if you think a idea of this won't ever happen, and well that might be the case;however, there is always a chance of it working. 

That post was merged here. See above comment from me. 

P.s.  I believe what you're referring to is a Safe Zone which was staff implimented and didnt work out, because no one ever went and it was stale and bad for RP. 

Share this post


Link to post

I've been apart of.. both Mod and Standalone settlements. All I can say from all the experiences I've had is that no matter how much you try, things will always happen. There will be days where you don't want to be there and hate it, there will be days where it feels like going to work just to go to your settlement, and there will be days you're all laughing your asses off and having fun with friends RPing or fighting.

As everyone above me has stated, you gotta be ready for the people who want hostile rp or don't want peace, and will therefore seek you out. The best way the groups I've been part of have dealt with this is, take breaks from the area when you start to get burnt out, or have a large enough show of force that would intimidate or constantly keep your enemies asking in their teamspeak channels whether or not they should initiate. If you can't/don't really have either of those two options, settlements probably aren't a place for you to try and host. 

Personally, I've had some really stellar rp and memories from settlements and camps, and I've had some of the worst rp ever from it. It's a very big give and take and its a process. It's not something you should just decide to start up one day. You need to make sure all your group members are ready for it and want to participate. Nothing will ruin a settlement faster than a mix of people who don't want to be there or want to be there but also want to do other things/expect more than they'll get at a settlement

tl;dr : You really gotta be patient and just do your best to have fun

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, The Traveler said:

For all those making complaints about griefers and what not, here is a guide I made ageeeees ago to make your bases and settlements resistant to both griefers and stale RP. 

Always pop this in whenever these sorta threads pop up, in the hope we get some decent bases and settlements soon TM ? 

Try stopping someone who does it to you when your not even online simply nothing that counters that.
And stale RP will always be stale since it's the way people play unless something new and exciting happens, nothing will change and people will complain about the same old stuff and so the cycle continues.

I would love to see a settlement that has proper rules propper IC guards and other things to make it as realistic as possible but most, if not all of them have just been hubs that get attacked relocated attacked once more and so forth or a loot station.

Edited by Eagle

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Eagle said:

Try stopping someone who does it to you when your not even online simply nothing that counters that.
And stale RP will always be stale since it's the way people play unless something new and exciting happens, nothing will change and people will complain about the same old stuff and so the cycle continues.

I would love to see a settlement that has proper rules propper IC guards and other things to make it as realistic as possible but most if not all of them have just been hubs that get attacked relocated attacked once more and so forth.

Yeah you're right... if only the guy who wrote the guide took into account would be thieves in offline hours, and taking into account ways to stop the RP being stale through proper graft and effort done by the settlement owners... you know, like the title of the guide suggests

Wait... ? 

But seriously I do take that stuff into account, I honestly suggest a good read, follows some of the traits and strats of older settlements and some newer ones (last year or 2) ? 

Share this post


Link to post

Unless a group can have a settlement guarded 24/7, it's impossible to have a camp secure from someone coming online in the small hours of the night and taking everything. That's a fact of life in 0.62 .

To avoid conflict, the main map settlement moves about, settled until tension reaches a breaking point. Then it moves again. The campfire RP at these places is good to meet people but ultimately everyone just sits around in somewhat silence. Any conflict is interesting enough to gain a crowd.

Share this post


Link to post

Peace is a lie.... - Every Sith ever.

And how true this is. You know what happens when there is nothing but constant peace? Boredom. Conflict by it's very nature is an RP generator. To put restrictions on it so people can feel safe breeds stagnation, resulting in player activity decline. Even in times of peace people sit there in those camps begging for someone to do something... ANYTHING. It doesn't matter what it as as long as it doesn't involve the exchange of 556. We pray for that crazy bastard to piss someone off and just start some shit, because as long as it ain't you... that's some wholesome entertainment right there.

I am not saying peace is completely boring. I enjoy a good campfire karaoke session myself, but too much of anything will lessen it's value and it becomes boring. Even hostile RP in the wrong hands just becomes more of the same. Do not be afraid to switch something up. Do not grieve those lost camps, do not shelter yourselves behind OOC barriers to preserve something until it's no longer of any value... embrace the organic, because every shift, every change... gives you something to speak of, discuss, work into your stories.

I went to go visit Kovar recently, gone... so I ask around and in one day I found two other camps jumping with life. The trick is honestly to just get up and do shit, to be bold and ask about, to search.  People are social, there's nothing wrong with asking for company as a character. You'll find more often than not it's what you've lost that'll bring people together opposed to what you have, especially in story telling.

"Jim and Bob built a camp and lived there in peace forever... the end." That right there is a really shitty story. I wanna hear about how Jim got his left nut blown off by an AK as Bob got taken captive in a raid, only to switch sides over time just to survive. I wanna see Jim struggle with the revelation that Bob is now the enemy. "MY BALLS JIM, WHAT ABOUT MY BALLS!"... I wanna see every detail of struggle, grief, hardship and DEVELOPMENT which came from Jim's missing testicle and Bob's heinous betrayal over the fact he wants to keep both of his!

You're not gonna get that shit by having safe zones. And the thing is people don't need a place. What they need is other people. Those tents do not need to be packed full of shit. You only need the crap on your back and the people you are with. To hold onto something so... meaningless... it's a wonder why some folk have nothing. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Mademoiselle said:

There will never be peace in the server. There is a mixture of characters and trying to look at things like being so peaceful is unrealistic.
And peace on the forums, everyone has there own opinion and will get into a very heated debate.

The problems being is when I hear and witness people:

  • Trying to nitpick situations to intentionally get them banned because roleplay didn't go their way.
  • Where they lie to make it out as other people are bad because roleplay didn't go their way.
  • Fun on the server is making everything peaceful with rainbows, butterflies and unicorns (which makes things boring)

The best thing to have is have a neutral group, which is help everyone. If people bring problems, don't rise to it. Instead be the pushover to keep the peace. But most people can't do that because eventually they'll blow there top.

Kovar’s was that neutral place where, for the most part, peace reigned.  But, as Mademoiselle stated,  always having to turn the other cheek to maintain that peace can be frustrating.  I recall many times in TS saying, “no, you may not shoot him no matter how many times you’ve caught him stealing.”  Or something like that.

Kovar’s was good times while it lasted, though.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Darra said:

Kovar’s was that neutral place where, for the most part, peace reigned.  But, as Mademoiselle stated,  always having to turn the other cheek to maintain that peace can be frustrating.  I recall many times in TS saying, “no, you may not shoot him no matter how many times you’ve caught him stealing.”  Or something like that.

Kovar’s was good times while it lasted, though.

Kovers is the perfect example of a peaceful Zone. even though they had issues it's what it was meant to be. The maker of that was the same man who made hobo debo. ( also is a class mate of mine ) Also I was a part of kovers then, and it was amazing. That is my want in this all, a place that has a peaceful feel.

Edited by isaac lineheart

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, isaac lineheart said:

Kovers is the perfect example of a peaceful Zone. even though they had issues it's what it was meant to be. The make of that was the same man who made hobo debo

Not that it matters at this point, but, Kovar’s was my group.  All lore and rules were mine.  And also it’s failure.  That’s mine as well.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...