Server time (UTC): 2020-10-21, 01:48
Sign in to follow this  
Sylva

Does a ban wipe your character?

Got two more days till I can play again, but I'm wondering if my character will be wiped? Like will I have to regear again or can I just jump back into RP?

No you will have the same character that you were banned with and you will have all of your items/gear!

I know this from past experiences you can trust me!

Nah your shit will stay the same, although any stashes you have would probably be gone because of the wipe.

All in game bans will involve a character wipe as soon as we will get ability to do so. Perhaps already in 0.63. But not right now, because it's not possible.

4 hours ago, Rolle said:

All in game bans will involve a character wipe as soon as we will get ability to do so. Perhaps already in 0.63. But not right now, because it's not possible.

oof, if I might ask, what is the reasoning behind that?

23 minutes ago, N-Tox said:

Incresed consequences and down time for rule breaks is my guess.  It will definitely affect those who live on the edge more than the rest of us.

Though, those living on the edge usually belong to powerful groups that will help them quickly regear.  Oh, and maybe even pick them up from the coast. 

For someone like me, it would be a long, lonely, and dangerous walk back from the coast.  Nah, I’d call an Uber.

Edited by Darra

Guest Generic Name
25 minutes ago, N-Tox said:

Seeing your reaction, it's a good incentive not to break rules. ?

2 minutes ago, SomeWeirdAssGuy said:

Seeing your reaction, it's a good incentive not to break rules. ?

4 minutes ago, Darra said:

Incresed consequences and down time for rule breaks is my guess.  It will definitely affect those who live on the edge more than the rest of us.

Though, those living on the edge usually belong to powerful groups that will help them quickly regear.  Oh, and maybe even pick them up from the coast. 

For someone like me, it would be a long, lonely, and dangerous walk back from the coast.  Nah, I’d call an Uber.

All of those things are true. That didn't cross my mind for some reason. Mainly I would be mad at losing clothes because outfits are hard to put together and looks are important.

4 hours ago, Rolle said:

This brings up a question: I seem to remember you saying something about plans on implementing gear kits in return for money, being in a lore group etc If so. would a person who gets wiped because of a rule violation still get his/her gear back when respawning?

We used to do character resets with all in game bans since the beginning of DayZRP and only stopped with switch to Standalone. It's just a part of punishment. It's generally so that if you get banned for, for example KoS or bad robbery, you don't get to keep that gear that you unfairly took from other players. Also, for many the deletion of all their gear is often more of a punishment than not being able to play for 3 days.

People tried to outsmart us by removing their gear from their character and placing it in tents or vehicles when they were pretty sure they would get hit by the banhammer. We deleted the tents and vehicles too because we could see every item being picked up and put down ? 

46 minutes ago, OskuRP said:

This brings up a question: I seem to remember you saying something about plans on implementing gear kits in return for money, being in a lore group etc If so. would a person who gets wiped because of a rule violation still get his/her gear back when respawning?

If we can get them, gear kits will be cosmetic - so a set of matching shirt/hoodie/jacket, shoes, pants and a hat. No backpacks, weapons, food, tools or anything like that will be included, so I don't think it would help those who got character reset to accomplish anything faster. Also, the plan is to offer one or two free plain looking clothing kits with the same storage capacity as the paid ones, so that those who pay do not get an advantage by getting this cosmetic gear with more storage slots than those who don't pay.

52 minutes ago, Rolle said:

Also, the plan is to offer one or two free plain looking clothing kits with the same storage capacity as the paid ones, so that those who pay do not get an advantage by getting this cosmetic gear with more storage slots than those who don't pay.

Surely if you gave those paying more slots it gives people more incentive to buy? Just a suggestion, of course. 

Just now, Mexi said:

Surely if you gave those paying more slots it gives people more incentive to buy? Just a suggestion, of course. 

Yes, but most of the time it's just the cosmetics. Whether you get a 4 slot or 6 slot pants doesn't really matter much.

Just now, Rolle said:

Yes, but most of the time it's just the cosmetics. Whether you get a 4 slot or 6 slot pants doesn't really matter much.

But.. I need the extra ammo for RP..

3 hours ago, Rolle said:

more magazines ?

i would like to see outfits come into play. hoodies, sweaters, tees, etc. +1 to that, but this isnt a suggestion thread ?

6 hours ago, Rolle said:

We used to do character resets with all in game bans since the beginning of DayZRP and only stopped with switch to Standalone. It's just a part of punishment. It's generally so that if you get banned for, for example KoS or bad robbery, you don't get to keep that gear that you unfairly took from other players. Also, for many the deletion of all their gear is often more of a punishment than not being able to play for 3 days.

People tried to outsmart us by removing their gear from their character and placing it in tents or vehicles when they were pretty sure they would get hit by the banhammer. We deleted the tents and vehicles too because we could see every item being picked up and put down ? 

The good old days