Server time (UTC): 2020-10-29, 11:17
Sign in to follow this  
GrimTheGreat

Vanguard of the Fasces

Vanguard of the Fasces

fasces-icon.png.f7552fa7db00a3a188886008a9c2533f.png

About Group

The Vanguard of the Fasces is a small group of specially selected men and women who reside in Chernarus in the hopes of establishing a foothold within the well rooted land of chaos, which brought about unworldly change to all of future history.

Theme

Spoiler

Lore

The Vanguard of the Fasces came into existence when a young man named Paul Buchanan was approached by an unnamed, unknown, and unnumbered group of men. They revealed to Paul that Chernarus was the next piece of the world to join under the banner of The Fasces. It didn't take much for Paul to bow to them, and when he bowed he was given a gift of knowledge. They revealed to Paul that a singular entity had arisen to hold the world together since the zombie plague had been released. That entity was not the Fasces itself, but the godly man known as Augustus Caesar that rose to shake the dust from the ancient empire once thought to be lost to the prison of time.

Little is known about the history of Caesar, but what has been revealed has only tightly gripped the loyalty given to him by his followers. What the men told him was that Caesar had become a god reborn in the form of a man. With the power to unite all peoples under a single banner, Caesar rose and shook off the chains of slavery imposed upon all of Humanity. Since his rise, also known as the beginning of the zombie plague, most soldiers had refused to fight and looked only to protect their families. In a singular act Caesar had abolished human disease known as war without the need of any man's, country's, or god's permission.

By the time the unknown men had found and recruited Paul, they professed Caesar's power had already spread to every continent and almost every country. The established nations of earth at that very moment were trying to find a way to extinguish Caesar's holy fire, but with so much support against them, their attempts were stunted if not completely halted. The U.S., Russia, China, and Europe all quivering in fear as Caesar's growing influence slipped past their borders. The empires of the old world were scared, and Caesar had yet even to strike a blow. This was the knowledge they gifted to Paul, unquestioningly he fell to his knees and praised not only the Fasces, but his god known as Augustus Caesar.

The unnamed, unknown, and unnumbered men left without leaving a trace and Paul was left only with a mission. His mission was to further the Fasces, establish a foothold for the army yet to come, and slowly tighten a grip around the populace of Chernarus. Motivated by the pious need to please his god he went forth with such enthusiasm that even the god Hermes would marvel at his works. He searched for the first stone needed to set the foundation for his Vanguard, for his god. 

On a daily basis Paul received messages from those who guided his hand in Chernarus. The first to join in Paul's mission was John. John was not as intelligent and well rounded in the philosophical verses as Paul but his willpower and strength proved a necessity in the wary days ahead of the growing Vanguard. Without John the Vanguard would have not only failed, it would have become nothing more than a snuffed cat fire. With John, Paul grew in strength and willpower.

While Power and Intelligence will get you far, nothing great was accomplished by a single brute and single scholar. The next to come were Liam, Samuel, and Mathias. Each a grand hunter in their own right, becoming known to Paul as the huntsmen. When they met, they clashed with Paul and John, but when united, Power and Intelligence outweigh a numerical advantage. After rigorous reeducation the three huntsman awoke to find the greatest prey to ever be hunted, Chernarus herself. Now the three huntsman serve under the Fasces as ruthless warriors.

In the final stage of the Vanguard's birthing came three more, all needed in the service of the Fasces. The Warrior, The Valkyrie, and The Corrupted. Each a greater asset than the last. They did not join like the huntsmen, through capitulation, but through divine trust. They bowed to the Fasces and allowed it to fill them with the answers they so terribly begged for. How to quench the blood thirst of the Warrior, how to create a resurgence of the Valkyrie's wings, how to reshape what once had been Corrupted. Santiago, Johan, and Emmelie, all in the service of the Fasces their souls have become reforged.

Many brothers and sisters have come and gone in the skirmishes against those would see the Vanguard fall before it could stand. The veil has been shed and the Vanguard of the Fasces come forth with a hateful vengeance. Those who still stood after they finished the battle for their right to exist began the work to prepare for the arrival of the Fasces. Until the time is near for the Fasces to arrive the Vanguard shall stay in strict unison, not revealing their benefactors.

Now, together, they delve into the raging state of decline. From the ashes of the Father's World shall be forged a crown for the Son.

Roster

1519679445572.thumb.jpg.2d7bb57c26eaecb3a8825d0d0cb76c19.jpg

@GrimTheGreat Paul Buchanan

@twig John Kaboose

@i am Bambi Liam Reddington

@Scottie Santiago Pavia

@Sxcomba Samuel Noom

@Drahken_ Johnny McEvans

IC Goals

Short Term

Establish a foothold for The Fasces. (Day 330)

Create a trading outpost to control commerce. (Day 345)

Prevent any foreign countries from interfering with the Chernarus political environment. (Ongoing)

Long Term

Spread the power of the Fasces to all the corners of Chernarus through individual indoctrination. (Ongoing)

Crush the governments of the old world or bring them into the fold, in servitude of the Fasces. (Day 400)

Bring peace to Chernarus, through destroying or assimilating non-peaceful groups. (Day 450)

Undetermined

Prepare for the arrival for the Emperor of the Sun, Augustus Caesar. (Ongoing)

OOC Goals

Build a hub for trade and roleplay.

Create a non-black and white moral environment for all players.

Be a long lasting group.

Provide a new and untapped roleplay for the occult.

Recruitment

Spoiler

We prefer that our recruiting is done in game, but everyone has a chance to impress us and join us OOC. Please PM @GrimTheGreat with the template below filled out.

Link to Character Page-

Age OOC-

Timezone-

How long have you been roleplaying?

What groups have you been in, if any? 

What do you think you could add to our roleplay? (Impress me.)

Why do you want to join us? (Impress me.)

Respond to this carefully. Say you've been captured by a group of hostiles, a code one high alert has been raised but no one knows where you are but units are searching frantically. The enemies that have captured you have execution rights, you know this, and they plan on shooting you unless you give them roleplay information. They somehow know what the Fasces is, and they ask you who is in charge. At this current time you are a day ONE recruit and do not know the protocols for being interrogated. You don't want to die and you don't want to be tortured. Self preservation for you is a very serious matter, but you have a duty. Do you tell them the information you know IC? Do you metagame and tell them what they want to know? Do you lie to them and try to hide your affiliations? Will you force them to kill you, or attempt an escape? These answers are open to change, please think carefully. You may also make your own answer.

Edited by GrimTheGreat

Thread cleaned. Can you people stick to the god damn group instead of having a 2 page history lesson about a symbol?

Just now, Rolle said:

Thread cleaned. Can you people stick to the god damn group instead of having a 2 page history lesson about a symbol?

Welcome to productive internet conversations. But yes, we should have taken it into PMs. 

good luck with the group, lads. again

Hm, I'm rather interested to see how this turns out and what more you add in way of details regarding the goals and other juicy lore bits for everyone to enjoy.

good luck guys looks sweet

3 hours ago, Stannis said:

good luck with the group, lads. again

11 minutes ago, Reaper said:

good luck guys looks sweet

1 hour ago, Hex said:

Hm, I'm rather interested to see how this turns out and what more you add in way of details regarding the goals and other juicy lore bits for everyone to enjoy.

Thanks guys! 

Vanguard of the Faeces? 

Good luck with the group ?

Good luck with this guys!

While the background is very...unique, it's not completely outside the realm of possibility. I did the enjoy the read and the colorful figurative language was a nice touch. I do have serious qualms about the goals though and there is only one real tangible goal on that list. All the others could be molded into one ongoing goal. In order to be accepted this group really needs a few different tangible goals and not the same goal reworded 5 times. On a different note, the staff team will need to see that this group can be active. It appears that most members in this group have just recently come back to the server after taking a couple long breaks and need to show that they are going to be here for a while. Please make any appropriate changes as soon as you can. Thanks. 

On 5/10/2018 at 3:21 PM, PCJames said:

While the background is very...unique, it's not completely outside the realm of possibility. I did the enjoy the read and the colorful figurative language was a nice touch. I do have serious qualms about the goals though and there is only one real tangible goal on that list. All the others could be molded into one ongoing goal. In order to be accepted this group really needs a few different tangible goals and not the same goal reworded 5 times. On a different note, the staff team will need to see that this group can be active. It appears that most members in this group have just recently come back to the server after taking a couple long breaks and need to show that they are going to be here for a while. Please make any appropriate changes as soon as you can. Thanks. 

I see that misinterpretation was very certain, as that you do not know about our plans and could not comprehend what our goals really meant. I did however see that some of our goals were in fact repeated, even though a metaphorical part was implied for them. I'll explain in less edgy and RP terms what our goals really are. 1. Get the majority of the roleplaying population to like us in game so when it comes time they will not hinder us. 2. We are literally trying to create Kwik-e-Mart 2.0. 3. Recruit quality roleplayers for the reformation. 4. The greatest threat to a group like ours, a cult, is the government so the government has got to go. 5. Take over Chernarus and recreate a roleplay based environment. Hard but possible. 6. This is an in game event for our group where I will be playing as Caesar. I'll give a speech, do some diplomacy, and bring about our group's reformation.

As for your inquiry about us being inactive for a time I'd like to make it clear that we are all long time players on this server. Some of us have been dealing with school and work but as summer rolls around I can speak for most of us in saying we will have more time to play than ever. Also if recently means about a month of steadily coming back one by one, then time must not be that valuable to someone like you. I don't have to point it out but I will, if your only "valid" issue with our group is possible inactivity, not plausible if we actually get to have fun.

10 minutes ago, GrimTheGreat said:

2. We are literally trying to create Kwik-e-Mart

*Looks at group theme + epic theme song by Triarii.* Mhm... fascists who serve the God Emperor of Mankind open a Kwik-e-Mart... and I thought I've seen everything...

Look I can dig the entire Imperial/Fascist or whatever theme, but how do you think people will take you seriously if you do that? 

13 minutes ago, GrimTheGreat said:

6. This is an in game event for our group where I will be playing as Caesar.

This can go very very bad, depending on your ability to portrait a master manipulator who makes people believe he is a demigod. I am not saying it isn't possible, all I'm saying is that if you can't pull off this role the group will be laughed at by most people.

Good luck with the group tho

1 minute ago, Grimnir said:

*Looks at group theme + epic theme song by Triarii.* Mhm... fascists who serve the God Emperor of Mankind open a Kwik-e-Mart... and I thought I've seen everything...

Look I can dig the entire Imperial/Fascist or whatever theme, but how do you think people will take you seriously if you do that? 

This can go very very bad, depending on your ability to portrait a master manipulator who makes people believe he is a demigod. I am not saying it isn't possible, all I'm saying is that if you can't pull off this role the group will be laughed at by most people.

Good luck with the group tho

We aren't fascists, we're a cult. Thank you for the input.

7 minutes ago, GrimTheGreat said:

We aren't fascists, we're a cult. Thank you for the input.

Apologies for my misinterpretation didn't realize since the symbol you used is widely known to be a symbol used by fascists. Doesn't change my point though.

Edited by Grimnir

3 minutes ago, Grimnir said:

Apologies for my misinterpretation didn't realize since I the symbol you used is widely known to be a symbol used by fascists. Doesn't change my point though.

I tried having a talk with them about this and it didn't go very well because some people took what i was saying as general dislike for the group or it's members i think. 

They're aware of the symbolism and will say something about Buddhism's symbol for peace vs Nazism and it's swastika. 

Apparently it doesn't matter what the symbol USED to be used for, only what they're using it for now... which isn't Fascism.

@Taryn, I believe @Rolle clear all of that off this page for a reason. If you or anyone else would like to have a conversation about this please feel free to come to our open coms. We can have a discussion there. We didn't discount what you said about it being used as a fascist symbol we simple pointed out that this symbol like many other symbols and words in the past have been changed or modified to mean something other than the original intent. As you said though.

19 minutes ago, Taryn said:

Apparently it doesn't matter what the symbol USED to be used for

It wasn't originally a fascist, we are using for its original meaning.

7 minutes ago, twig said:

@Taryn, I believe @Rolle clear all of that off this page for a reason. 

I was trying to stop him from doing what i did to get the thread wiped in the first place.

It was wiped because of the unnecessary history lessons posted previously, not because of my feedback. Please don't start the back and forth again, Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Taryn said:

I was trying to stop him from doing what i did to get the thread wiped in the first place.

It was wiped because of the unnecessary history lessons posted previously, not because of my feedback. Please don't start the back and forth again, Thanks!

Thank you for the feedback, we will consider it.

1 minute ago, GrimTheGreat said:

Thank you for the feedback, we will consider it.

It wasn't feedback, but you're welcome.

-User has been warned for this post-

I've upped the warnings for unnecessary posts for this thread since it's already been cleaned up before. Also, stop beanzing warned posts, I've removed them for a reason. Don't test me.

Hell yeah good group of guys met them in game was pretty fun