Server time (UTC): 2020-10-30, 10:08 HALLOWEEN SALE
Sign in to follow this  
Zaitsev

Is this fair and adult response?

Hello guys, 
Recently I've found this awesome server and yes I've wasted almost two hours of my time reading everything and signing up. Then this happend!
I got rejected cuz I've only one wrong answer that is already confusing.. I was pretty sure that the US army was deployed from utes garrison then guess what? YES it was the right answer. So is this kind of fair?
Here's a prove

Mostly US troops from the Utes garrison were deployed to South Zagoria, US Army troops dispatched to Chernogorsk and US Marines to the Elektrozavodsk area.

Actually no one mentioned that US Marines were depolyed from Utes garrison, apparently this test was harder than my work interview.

-snip-

Lame question but the answer is there ?

1 minute ago, Zaitsev said:

Hello guys, 
Recently I've found this awesome server and yes I've wasted almost two hours of my time reading everything and signing up. Then this happend!
I got rejected cuz I've only one wrong answer that is already confusing.. - snip, whitelist answers -
Here's a prove

Mostly US troops from the Utes garrison were deployed to South Zagoria, US Army troops dispatched to Chernogorsk and US Marines to the Elektrozavodsk area.

Actually no one mentioned that US Marines were depolyed from Utes garrison, apparently this test was harder than my work interview.

- snip, whitelist questions -

Hello Zaitsev,

You need to check the wording. As the lore says, the US Army dispatches to Chernogorsk and the US Marines to Elektrozavodsk.

There's not much more we can help you with there. Just take the application slow, and check the wording. 

Guest Generic Name

I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to post whitelist questions, someone should snip that.

@Brady @Harvey

Edited by Generic Name

Hey @Zaitsev,

You aren't allowed to post questions directly from your whitelist. If you need help PM a member of staff or join teamspeak and hop into waiting for staff help and someome can give you a hand 

Hello @Zaitsev

It's important to take your time when answering the WL questions, it's difficult for a reason.

We can't give you any of the answers but we can offer assistance to some extent. 

I am around in TS all day today if you need any help, I'm happy to sit with you and to give you a hand. Just give me a poke! ?

Edited by Lady In Blue

I'll say it now as i've said for months. 
This entire whitelist process is hard in the wrong way. 

All it does is let a bunch of anal to detail "Follow rules to the letter" type of people in whilst not even begining to judge the personality / RP understanding and ability of the player themselves.
Back when I started it was written questions that staff would look over and judge individually... differing situations and questions to judge mindset, not ability to get out a pair of reading glasses and find the one piece of text in the lore that tells us who was deployed where or what colour underwear the head of Cherno was wearing at the time US Marines entered the city... sorry.. US ARMY.... 
-_- 
I feel bad for you son. 

If I didn't know any better i'd say the reason we arn't allowed to see whitelist questions nowadays is because the community would realise how bullshit they really are xD 

As a final, simple note: 

Does this player not knowing the answer to this question really make him unfit to join the community?

If the answer is no, change the frigging whitelist questions already... as they clearly arn't judging the right characteristics we are looking for on this server. 

If the answer is Yes... then jesus christ we're doomed 

Edited by The Traveler

2 hours ago, The Traveler said:

I'll say it now as i've said for months. 
This entire whitelist process is hard in the wrong way. 

All it does is let a bunch of anal to detail "Follow rules to the letter" type of people in whilst not even begining to judge the personality / RP understanding and ability of the player themselves.
Back when I started it was written questions that staff would look over and judge individually... differing situations and questions to judge mindset, not ability to get out a pair of reading glasses and find the one piece of text in the lore that tells us who was deployed where or what colour underwear the head of Cherno was wearing at the time US Marines entered the city... sorry.. US ARMY.... 
-_- 
I feel bad for you son. 

If I didn't know any better i'd say the reason we arn't allowed to see whitelist questions nowadays is because the community would realise how bullshit they really are xD 

As a final, simple note: 

Does this player not knowing the answer to this question really make him unfit to join the community?

If the answer is no, change the frigging whitelist questions already... as they clearly arn't judging the right characteristics we are looking for on this server. 

If the answer is Yes... then jesus christ we're doomed 

Traveler? Um. When you take a multiple choice test, and you answer “2” instead of “3” on your maths test, that’s wrong. Would you really go to the professor and complain that “it’s only one number off!”. There’s no partial credit on multiple choice tests. 

The whitelist process is fine. Sure there’s one option that would trip you up, but you should have a rich knowledge of the lore and rules before attempting the whitelist. It’s not a hard test, I got mine 100% first try, and accepted. Is it really too much to ask, asking which type of US Soldier went to Elektro? Considering you can literally look back at the lore during the whitelist test, I’d say not. 

I remember a lot of the whitelist questions (especially the rules ones, bc a lot of non whitelists come into HD for help) and they’re really not too hard. They just ask you if you know the rules. Most of the rules questions either ask you if you can do X, or they give you a scenario and ask you if you can do X. That’s not too bad is it? 

The lore questions mostly ask about broad stroke and then specific details, and also the order of some events. Not that bad, it’s just a history quiz  

Why would staff let whitelist questions be posted, either? It’s a test, just like any other test. Posting the questions or the answers might let non whitelists take a peek before it’s their time. 

I agree, maybe requiring a 100% success rate is a little too harsh, but Traveler, you get five, maybe six if you’re lucky, attempts at the test. If you get to take an exam five times and you don’t have a 100% by the end, you’re just not paying attention.

tl;dr The whitelist is an open book, open note test that you can take 5 times and you need 100%. I don’t see the bullshit here. 

just my two cents 

Edited by Whitename

28 minutes ago, Whitename said:

Traveler? Um. When you take a multiple choice test, and you answer “2” instead of “3” on your maths test, that’s wrong. Would you really go to the professor and complain that “it’s only one number off!”. There’s no partial credit on multiple choice tests. 

The whitelist process is fine. Sure there’s one option that would trip you up, but you should have a rich knowledge of the lore and rules before attempting the whitelist. It’s not a hard test, I got mine 100% first try, and accepted. Is it really too much to ask, asking which type of US Soldier went to Elektro? Considering you can literally look back at the lore during the whitelist test, I’d say not. 

I remember a lot of the whitelist questions (especially the rules ones, bc a lot of non whitelists come into HD for help) and they’re really not too hard. They just ask you if you know the rules. Most of the rules questions either ask you if you can do X, or they give you a scenario and ask you if you can do X. That’s not too bad is it? 

The lore questions mostly ask about broad stroke and then specific details, and also the order of some events. Not that bad, it’s just a history quiz  

Why would staff let whitelist questions be posted, either? It’s a test, just like any other test. Posting the questions or the answers might let non whitelists take a peek before it’s their time. 

I agree, maybe requiring a 100% success rate is a little too harsh, but Traveler, you get five, maybe six if you’re lucky, attempts at the test. If you get to take an exam five times and you don’t have a 100% by the end, you’re just not paying attention.

tl;dr The whitelist is an open book, open note test that you can take 5 times and you need 100%. I don’t see the bullshit here. 

just my two cents 

The bullshit is it doesn't prepare of even screen the "wrong sort" out... and it certainly doesn't let in the good sort either... 

This guy, if this was his final attempt, would of been refused entry due to not knowing if the marines or the army went to cherno. 

I'll be that guy and throw myself under the bus and say I didn't know that. 

Hell I'll be that guy and said I read the lore about 3 months ago, apart from the fact it's less of a virus and more some spooky military mguffin stuff that went down, I can't tell you a bloody thing about the Lore period. 

Should I be kicked out? Cause I tell you now I'd probably fail the whitelist as it currently seems to stand... 

More to the point, we are already struggling for new blood. Saying they get 5 attempts at a shit , unpreparing test is a ludicrous argument. 

Bottom line is it puts people off, and it sure as hell doesn't prepare them for the experience they are gonna have here. 

I remember leaving my whitelist test being pumped and excited to play , the questions got me thinking about my character and their motivations... 

This test, from both what I have seen and heard, just seems to have been made to give staff less of a job to do in application acceptance / denial... 

I’m sorry this is a question thread not a bitch about how you think the whitelist is unfair thread. The op has received his answer and the offer of help if he wants it. If you want to complain or offer suggestions about the whitelist  make your own thread.

/solved and closed