Server time (UTC): 2020-10-28, 14:43
Sign in to follow this  
GrimTheGreat

Ban Appeal Ruleplay

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

Why the verdict is not fair: It is implied that I did not further the role play but I made it clear, or at least I thought I did, that I followed, traded insults with, and was threatened by this man all in the twenty minute period between his initiation and his death.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: I did not leave the town, I did not even leave this man's near proximity, as to keep my eye on him. Its not like I was initiated on, left, and came back an hour an a half later to kill him. I put myself in the situation of my character, he threatens me and puts a gun in my face for "sprinting around a corner", made it very clear he was planning on killing me, and tried having me kicked out of town. I follow this man and the only "friend" I know he has until I can catch them alone because the town is FULL with possible hostiles. I had no idea of knowing at the time but in the report one of the OP's friends admitted to being in the town with what I assume to be a group of buddies only a "100 meters away". If I had tried hostile rping with this man I'd end up being surrounded by his friends before I could drop an unneeded initiation. If I did initiate on this man not only would I be outnumbered more than I had already presumed, 2 to 1, fighting back would definitely end in my death and a NVFL. I am a heavy roleplayer, I try never to get into firefights unless I am forced to or am in situation to protect my friends, this is the most logical thing i could have possibly done and I personally believe the report was thrown up because OP didn't get to bully and initiate on people and get away with it. (This paragraph was initially with the top part but I believe it belongs down here more.)

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: An unban and points removed.

What could you have done better?: I stand with my actions.

Edited by GrimTheGreat

Hello @GrimTheGreat,

A separate team of staff has taken a look through your appeal and come to the following conclusion:

In your appeal you claim that you did provide roleplay by trading insults, and threatened the OP. Although this is considered roleplay, you are guilty of killing him and ending the roleplay right there. Instead of initiating on the OP, torturing him, hurting him in a way to get revenge, or generally just continuing the roleplay of the situation you decided to end it immediately by shooting him. You used your kill rights, only because you could have used them, instead of furthering the roleplay. For that reason, the points and ban will remain.

Outcome:

Appeal Denied - Points and Ban Stay

Signed by @Brady and @Brayces