Server time (UTC): 2020-10-28, 06:16
Sign in to follow this  
-Boom-

Website issue: GIFs must be under 100 kb?

Hey all, real head scratcher here.

So I'm having an issue with uploading a gif to my profile picture. It's under 500 kb and the right dimensions for a pfp, so I'm not sure what's going on as the premium page states that sponsors have access to gifs for avatars (which I already have) and that they must be under 500 kb.

532716a0ad79bea2e76aa999fc4b5a23.png

This is the error message I get when I try to upload from file browser.

d489040ea893d21d973b4b3b027c53c5.png

And this is the error I get when I try to import from URL.

55Keeos.gif

Shot Rolle a message and waiting to hear back from him, but thought I would post here as well in case any other members might be able to help.

Cheers!

Edited by Petrovsky

So I saved your picture and tried to upload it as my own avatar and it uploaded just fine for me. 

Edited by Clumsy

2 minutes ago, Clumsy said:

So I saved your picture and tried to upload it as my own avatar and it uploaded just fine for me. 

Maybe it's a sponsor specific issue? Or maybe the website gods hate me. I'm trying again and again and nothing. Gonna try a pic under 100kb.

EDIT: So yep under 100 kb works just fine, but nothing over that will upload.

Edited by Petrovsky

Probably something from the upgrade done earlier this week and the values defaulted. I might be able to change them. Hopefully I can get around to looking before Rolle does

1 minute ago, Clumsy said:

So I saved your picture and tried to upload it as my own avatar and it uploaded just fine for me. Not sure you can use GIFs if you are just a sponsor my friendo.

He has a gif now.

The problem, i believe, is that Sponsor file limits are smaller than everyone else's. If the file size is too large, you'll need to compress it... Let me see what i can do.

At first I thought you couldn't use gifs as a sponsor but checking the premium page you can. I know some things are being worked on when it comes to the website right now. Maybe it's deactivated for some reason? The gif limit for that rank is 

• Animated avatar (gif, max 500kB)

His gif is just under that. 

Edited by Clumsy

14ab4153dd3051357d983934b429c1b8.png

The gif is too large for your donation rank. You will need to compress it before you can use it.

EDIT: OP's error message has the file size limit to 100kb, @Clumsy

Yeah like I said I checked and there's nothing that says sponsor file sizes are less than the default 500kb limit. I understand if work is being done it could mess with limits and permissions.

EDIT: @Taryn yeah I'm aware it's over 100kb, I'm just trying to figure out why that limit's in place is all, since it's not been stated anywhere else on the site to my knowledge.

Edited by Petrovsky

That needs changed on the premium page then. 

DUW0iIB.png

I've modified the limit, was set for 100kb

1 minute ago, Clumsy said:

That needs changed on the premium page then. 

DUW0iIB.png

Nah, it was an error because of the updates, recently. Oliv fixed.

Ah wicked, cheers @Oliv. Much appreciated.

/solved I guess?

Ahh that's what I figured. Something got mixed up with the upgrades. GG Papa Oliv ?

/Closed as requested by OP