Server time (UTC): 2020-10-22, 23:07
Sign in to follow this  
Ben

Hostile RP

Guys, where's all the hostile RP at? We need more bandit groups/assholes. I'm getting in bored IG and nothing really poses a threat now that Anarchy are gone. I don't know if it's just me or not but I haven't been tortured/beaten up in ages due to there being no one to really do so.  I'm thinking I'll have to start doing something if people don't ? thanks anyway

Kitsune

The ban hammer strikes undiscriminately, my good friend.

Nah we split into 3 groups, 2 of which aren't particularly hostile and hopefully when the NBG boys get ingame, hopefully we can spice things up again ?

Go piss the cops off ? 

Just now, Lucass said:

Are people actually asking for hostile RP this time?...

People complain about hostile RP and then when we / another hostile group disbands and nobody is afraid of anyone they ask where all the hostile RP is at, its the circle of life.

Maybe if the rule set was more hostile friendly. Though saying that I’ve seen some solid staff support for it in verdicts. I’ll probably go on a rampage soon and see how far I get ?

Hostile RP is great, I condone it completely. Dynamic rules can be a bitch sometimes but we need to deal with it I'm afraid. Just apply roleplay and you will be fine.

Well, I am running a cannibal dynamic with people.

Following the rules of course in how we initiate and what not, but if you're dying for hostile RP,

we can plan something if you PM me.

Get some torture RP in or whatever.

there's hostile rp groups on the server, they just arent as popular as Anarchy. theyre out there, go find em

Nothing is a threat? I've gotten fucked up back and forth and tortured right now in game. There are a lot of threats, the three groups that came from Anarchy are very worthy of fear. 

Fear is subjective, it's up to you if you wanna be in fear of a group or not. If you wanna be paranoid of random people because you're afraid, go ahead. 

Don't blame staff and don't blame other people, it's up to you and you alone, people don't just feed to you on a silver platter. The PD is corrupt and tortures a lot of people. Be afraid and weary about them.

The hostile RP exists. Just harder to find these days. Fear exists in the game and can be found if you want it.

1 hour ago, Lucass said:

Are people actually asking for hostile RP this time?...

Yeah I am lmao, always spices things up and I enjoy the whole kidnapped situation, sounds weird ik

As soon as you find yourself a decent Smersh Vest and an SVD you'll notice that people are a lot less friendlier ?

34 minutes ago, Max said:

As soon as you find yourself a decent Smersh Vest and an SVD you'll notice that people are a lot less friendlier ?

Well I currently have an M4 loadout and that so I don't think that's an issue

Yeah- well here's the thing. Being straight hostile is un-fun. People hide from you, people shit talk you OOC, etc. if you come out as just hostile assholes. We can't really initiate on people, and with the dynamic of the server(i,e Vybor, and the PD in vybor), it is impossible for us to really get super hostile with a majority of the server.

Some people have felt the wrath of out hostile RP, but that has only been post fire-fight RP, when you have a proper reason to hate the hostage. Me going in and initiation/beating some foreigner, they'll just hit me with 'oh this route again?' whenever I hit them with "So what are you doing in my country?" And it just boner-kills any desire for me to RP.

Edit: And now that the report where g19 killed a hostage who hit him in the face, I'm honestly too scared to do anything with hostages in fear that I'm going to get banned for it(shoot/punch/stab)

Edited by LemonRP

I believe this is due to people being afraid of getting banned. During hostile RP mistakes can happen, people could get killed and rules may be broken. There's to no suprise that people ruleplay a lot to make the victim into the one in control, as if you do anything wrong, he can and most likely will report you. Just because he's upset he may have died by mistake or didn't feel the RP was any good. 

Hostile rp has been dead for awhile people just keep stabbing it while its down tbh.

Hostile = PvP at this point. Given rules, it's hard to dispute...

It also doesn't help no one is willing to let their character show enough weakness to get tortured or let their ego get "bruised" enough to develop RP by actually losing. No one is willing to take the chance, so it just devolves into needless PvP.

When people start getting banned for putting down a hostage trying to knock them out, then yeah, people will start to get hesitant on doing hostile RP. On the other hand, I think people ask for more old-school style hostile RP. Being strong-armed, intimidated, tortured (for good reason), not many like it when everything hostile is just initiate, PVP, and repeat said cycle. I also miss when everyone wasn't friends and bandits fought over territory, that was fun.

It's funny though, people complain until the rules were changed to the point being a bandit was not allowed, now they're complaining that there are no bandits. Lol.

Edited by Zero

34 minutes ago, MeenMuginLovin said:

Hostile = PvP at this point. Given rules, it's hard to dispute...

It also doesn't help no one is willing to let their character show enough weakness to get tortured or let their ego get "bruised" enough to develop RP by actually losing. No one is willing to take the chance, so it just devolves into needless PvP.

Eh- PVP is a big factor in hostilities, but it definitly isn't the key.

Yeah- noone is willing to sit there and play hostage. Everytime my group has initiated, we've had two people comply in like 5-6 some initiations.

And between the Anarchy trio- my group, PD, and irish group, of course we're gunna PVP eachother. We are three different groups with three different ideas. I think there has been a fight every day in Vybor between our three groups- or any other group that get's stuck in the middle.

Hostile RP is hard to do when you don't have the means to back it up. None of our three groups really have too much of a 'oh don't fuck with them' reputation. If 4 dude's in all gorka and jeans and guerilla shit walks up to someone, they don't act afraid- they just nuts-of-steel talk to us, shit talk, talk back, etc. to the point where it BECOMES an inititation- and very rarely do they comply.

But when Anarchy was around, having 10 dude's, blue armbands, and the spooky-scary-reputation of Anarchy, people complied, or were genuinly afraid.

TL;DR,

Few compliances, No in-game reputation to back hostile RP, zero fear on the server with Anarchy's archive.

When I was in Anarchy- I didn't see ANY of these people. But now we just see them talking shit again against our characters(calling us leprechauns, shit talking chernarus, etc.), even though a month ago they were in debug hiding.

6 minutes ago, LemonRP said:

Eh- PVP is a big factor in hostilities, but it definitly isn't the key.

Yeah- noone is willing to sit there and play hostage. Everytime my group has initiated, we've had two people comply in like 5-6 some initiations.

And between the Anarchy trio- my group, PD, and irish group, of course we're gunna PVP eachother. We are three different groups with three different ideas. I think there has been a fight every day in Vybor between our three groups- or any other group that get's stuck in the middle.

Hostile RP is hard to do when you don't have the means to back it up. None of our three groups really have too much of a 'oh don't fuck with them' reputation. If 4 dude's in all gorka and jeans and guerilla shit walks up to someone, they don't act afraid- they just nuts-of-steel talk to us, shit talk, talk back, etc. to the point where it BECOMES an inititation- and very rarely do they comply.

But when Anarchy was around, having 10 dude's, blue armbands, and the spooky-scary-reputation of Anarchy, people complied, or were genuinly afraid.

TL;DR,

Few compliances, No in-game reputation to back hostile RP, zero fear on the server with Anarchy's archive.

When I was in Anarchy- I didn't see ANY of these people. But now we just see them talking shit again against our characters(calling us leprechauns, shit talking chernarus, etc.), even though a month ago they were in debug hiding.

Well, I was more implying people's OOC agendas dictate their actions in terms of compliance or non-compliance. These agendas of not wanting to comply and being the roughest toughest badass out there have kinda tainted hostile in a sense. For this reason, people are honestly justified if they only see hostile as PvP.

I am happy to see you try to differentiate the two.

It's just this reputation you seek for being "scary" is only granted to your group because they assume your trigger happy. Which in all honesty... their assumption is correct as you just said, you have to deal with shit talkers and the only way is to put them down. I hate to simplify what you said, but at least your character's and group share that mentality.

What I am trying to get at I guess, and to not continue this circle jerk of logic, is that immediately jumping to PvP isn't a good thing, that being said, starting shit by name calling and wanting to get a rise out of another group isn't good either. It's good for PvP, not good for Hostile RP.

Those two should be considered different, but are not these days. Sadly. The rules even at times prioritize PvP over RP.
515bffc32b.jpg

I am sure one can use this rule to instigate RP, but I haven't seen it been put to use.

Suggestion? Maybe lets work on putting others RP before our own? Along with not talking shit for the sake of it?
From what I read Lemon that seemed to be the biggest issue.

Yeah, shit talking groups because ‘you can’, or having someone shit talk you, and you being super defensive of it(in regards to four of us surrounding someone).

And yeah, the ‘quick trigger’ is one of the best ways to do hostile RP. If the person you’re trying to scare/insult knows you would have no remorse or fear fighting, even in a populated area, really makes people scared to shit talk or go against you.

I see hostile RP as a few categories; 

-Crazy Pyscho clown stuff

-Authoritative group enforcing law

- Groups that roam and pay ‘visits’ to a location/ with a diff group/ person(Like tough guy collecting money/guns/mafia shit)

-Shadow group that everyone has rumors abouts(Looking at you, potius cras)

Theres plenty more, but just a perspective on the categories of hostile RP.

The issue, is everyone is trying to fit into the ‘Shit talk and act big’ category

Guest Generic Name
10 minutes ago, LemonRP said:

The issue, is everyone is trying to fit into the ‘Shit talk and act big’ category

Considering the current state of the rules concerning valid ways of initiating hostilities, there's not much choice really. Every situation is pretty much an escalation of shit talk from one side to the other until on side drops the initiation. There isn't much we can do about it.

2 hours ago, SomeWeirdAssGuy said:

Considering the current state of the rules concerning valid ways of initiating hostilities, there's not much choice really. Every situation is pretty much an escalation of shit talk from one side to the other until on side drops the initiation. There isn't much we can do about it.

You could always initiate on someone out of nowhere, claim you’re with the police, then claim that they match a description of someone that is a threat to your group. Keep them hostage for a while and hostile RP with them during an interrogation. (Truth Serum, Torture) etc. 

Then take all of their gear, give them a hatchet with some food and a water bottle and dump them off somewhere and wait for another poor soul to come across your merry band.