Server time (UTC): 2020-10-20, 14:47
Sign in to follow this  
groovy ap

No VOIP?

I recently was on the stress test version offline, last night, and switched back to stable to play on the servers. When I ran into my group members, I they told me I had no VOIP. Does anyone know why? Already tried a full game restart, verification of the game cache, and a reinstall, none of those worked.

I can try to help. I’m heading off for work though so expect pretty intermittent replies. 

What do you use for sound input?

Without knowing the hardware that you use, Id say try speaking into Audacity or other voice recording programmes to make sure your headset is being picked up. Also, right click on the little speaker at the bottom right of the desktop, select “Recording devices”, then click on your device under Recording and select it as the default. 

Edited by Whitename

rtrggrrg.png.3f7eb85f80141b3a8466175772c5b489.png

Make sure the device is highlighted and click "Set default". I'm off to work.

Be sure to check your steam settings too. Sometimes, at least to me, steam will set my microphone to my headphones which are muted 100% of the time.

Try verify the integrity of game files in steam by Right clicking DayZ on steam>Properties>Verify integrity of game files.

Hope that helps ? 

When I tried everything possible to fix it, I uninstalled DayZ and reinstalled it and it fixed it for me, but that was me. 

Not sure if it would work for you though.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Edited by Lady In Blue

Edit: I'm a dipshit moving it back.

When I had this problem I had to reinstall all of my drivers for my sound on my pc. I tried doing everything else but it didn't work for dayz. Hopefully, it helps!

@APTerminator Did this get solved or do you still need help?

Just now, APTerminator said:

For whatever reason my default sound recording device was switched to pick up my computer sounds. It's fixed now, thank you @Whitename.

Glad I could help!