Server time (UTC): 2020-10-28, 05:26
Sign in to follow this  
Brayces

Bringing Back Personal GM Text Emotes

Would You Like to Get Custom Emotes?  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey guys! 

You all remember that form we had people fill out about getting custom emotes via RCON sent to you if we notice you in game?

They could’ve serious, funny or a mix. 

I can’t locate the original thread atm (on mah phone) but I’d like to start doing those again! 

Thing is people have swapped characters, etc. so! I’m just trying to see who is still interested or not? 

I get a little free time here and there and actually enjoy sending them out when I noice people in game. 

Let me know you’re thoughts! 

Honestly, you do this with me and I love it!

I noticed @Harvey and @Oisin had also done this with me, it makes things so fun and interesting! 

(Can't hide pictures, ree @Rolle)

20180429180720_1.thumb.jpg.2654c792bb48ec8662049552f81cad57.jpg

20180429221836_1.thumb.jpg.835a90fe6e5e2fbec3331d94808117e2.jpg

hh.thumb.jpg.86904bb317ef257b42b945c079c34cb0.jpg

I see no real need for this.

2 minutes ago, Eagle said:

I see no real need for this.

Fun for those who want it, god forbid!

@Strawberry Did this to me a couple of times. I was just minding my own business and I get an Rcon message "He would suddenly think about how much he loves strawberrys"

I say bring back these little 'emotes', they add a little extra fun to our experiences and people can just opt in and out of them if they choose to. 

Guest Roach

I see no harm and loved getting these before. It adds to Rp and immersions and you can always choose to ignore if you don't like the emote being typed to you. I say why not?

Here you are, @Brayces

yea theres literally no reason why not.  It's an rp server. why not have abit of fun power gamin every now and then. Just roleplay. 

Just know if you  *a bee flies on your ear* you know your getting a 

*would whip out his revolver and shoot the bee out of the air * back. :^D

5 minutes ago, UndeadRP said:

yea theres literally no reason why not.  It's an rp server. why not have abit of fun power gamin every now and then. Just roleplay. 

Just know if you  *a bee flies on your ear* you know your getting a 

*would whip out his revolver and shoot the bee out of the air * back. :^D

woah slow down mr marston

1 minute ago, groovy tony said:

woah slow down mr marston

God I cant wait till the new one comes out ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Love this idea tbh!

Could definitly be some way of giving those shy and alone people some rp when around others.

I like this a admin done this to me and i thought it was very funny, i said to them back haha thankyou for the laugh and they said no problem this was when i was cooking chicken and emoted that i was staring at it licking my lips at the thought of having chicken in a very long time. Enjoyable and a great way for the admins to give the community something more 

I see no problem with having these around. They are great ways to either keep the RP going or spark a conversation anew.

My only critic or opinion would be to keep them more "realisitic".

Depending on the character of course and the person.

Having a sane person all of a sudden say they hear voices or an object is speaking to them is I feel power gaming the characters mental state.

Of course the player could simply ignore it, but I feel that it would miss and waste the effort of the message in the first place.

That is all.

I was on it last night for half an hour or so and quite enjoyed it. Part of it didn't even turn out the way I thought. I wanted to freak out @Lyca character by emoting a mouse. It then turned into her following the mouse and feeding it so it became her pet (she called it Jerry ?

I’m all for it. It’s fun for GM’s and Redbois who are bored at work and it brings something unique to roleplay! +1

Yes please, they are pretty cool so I don't see any reason not to.

I've always fully supported doing this type of stuff.

9 hours ago, Taryn said:

Here you are, @Brayces

THANK YOU TARYN!

And it's good to see so many people interested again! I'll bump the old thread to get some new posts added.

I would LOVE these. My background in RP has mostly written RP in it, and our DMs did this all the time. It makes the world around you seem alive, as long as it's done within reason. 

This is one of those Ideas I find pointless but great ? 

I think this would be add more immersion, as long as we could choose to ignore it that would be great!

Edited by Hardwired

I never got my memes delivered via RCON, I was very upset indeed.

Nah jk bring this back tho.

It doesn't really need bringing back, all GMs have the RCON password - just do it.

14 minutes ago, Rolle said:

It doesn't really need bringing back, all GMs have the RCON password - just do it.

It was more like, "Who still wants to get them? If so please update the old thread!" Rolle, GAWSH!

Just do it tbh

Edited by Strawberry
Woops

Just now, Brayces said:

It was more like, "Who still wants to get them? If so please update the old thread!" Rolle, GAWSH!

Everyone can get them. I harass people by spamming them with "SUDDENLY, A SWARM OF BEES! BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ"