Server time (UTC): 2020-10-29, 02:34
Sign in to follow this  
hurcules216

Fill Me in

So due to lack of a computer it has been a while since I have been on. I missed being on this server. The memories I have made on here are some of the best gaming memories ever. I do have some questions. I have been playing quit a bit these past few days and I have noticed something. Where is all the food? I find ammo like crazy but can't seem to find any food. Are there any other changes I have missed since I have been gone? Lets Discuss. 

Hello my dude!

Food, well ... Yeah, food can be hard to come by. I def, recommend hitting up apple trees and eating a TON of those. Canned food, I can find here and there in most homes but to be honest I stick to apple trees and fill up my status bars before moving on!

Try this map here!

http://www.dayztv.com/map/#4.099.118

Just deselect all the other items besides NATURE - Apple Trees. I can't attest to how accurate it is, but it may be helpful!

/Moved to Questions.

Depending on the last time you played there's a lot you've missed. Food was reduced in 0.62 iirc, putting focus onto apple trees, hunting, farming, and fishing as more viable food sources. Zombies have inventories than can contain a myriad of items, canned food is one of them. 

Christmas presents are still strewn about Chernarus for some reason, they've got some goodies like suppressors and vests. 

When was the last time you played?

1 minute ago, Whitename said:

Depending on the last time you played there's a lot you've missed. Food was reduced in 0.62 iirc, putting focus onto apple trees, hunting, farming, and fishing as more viable food sources. Zombies have inventories than can contain a myriad of items, canned food is one of them. 

Christmas presents are still strewn about Chernarus for some reason, they've got some goodies like suppressors and vests. 

When was the last time you played?

A little over a year ago.

55 minutes ago, hurcules216 said:

A little over a year ago.

A lot has changed, but not like a WHOLE lot you know? Haha, DayZ Devs sure are slow ... But there is Fishing, Cooking meats, Apples, and other ways to get food. Some new items added here and there, but to be honest none of the core functionality has changed. Have you see the new .63 Experimental? The reworked the whole Player Engine, hence the lack of updates to most player related aspects to the game! There's a quick guide I wrote on testing the Offline Mode of the .63 exp. branch if you wanted to play around with that! (While it's still out there to play with).

If you're wondering what else is new with OUR Community, well. We did have a Lore Wipe about ... over 6 months ago, I'd have to say! We have a new Time Line (Which is getting updated by the LM so don't mind the missing months, those will be filled in.) 

Also, feel free to check out the Radio Chatter thread. It's got a lot current news and whatnot going on. Also, if you feel stuck. We do have our awesome mentors from the Mentor Team and LMs from the Loremaster Team. They'd be willing to help you get familiar with the game or the lore or both! 

1 hour ago, Brayces said:

A lot has changed, but not like a WHOLE lot you know? Haha, DayZ Devs sure are slow ... But there is Fishing, Cooking meats, Apples, and other ways to get food. Some new items added here and there, but to be honest none of the core functionality has changed. Have you see the new .63 Experimental? The reworked the whole Player Engine, hence the lack of updates to most player related aspects to the game! There's a quick guide I wrote on testing the Offline Mode of the .63 exp. branch if you wanted to play around with that! (While it's still out there to play with).

If you're wondering what else is new with OUR Community, well. We did have a Lore Wipe about ... over 6 months ago, I'd have to say! We have a new Time Line (Which is getting updated by the LM so don't mind the missing months, those will be filled in.) 

Also, feel free to check out the Radio Chatter thread. It's got a lot current news and whatnot going on. Also, if you feel stuck. We do have our awesome mentors from the Mentor Team and LMs from the Loremaster Team. They'd be willing to help you get familiar with the game or the lore or both! 

Sweet I will have to read it all. Thanks for filling me in. Glad to be back. I missed this community