Server time (UTC): 2020-10-23, 03:22
Sign in to follow this  
Descendants

Question about Reviving Old Groups

So I would like to bring back Green Mountain Trading Company (yes with the same exact name). But the old owner @Lyaria is perma-banned, does that mean I can claim rights to the group? I would revise the lore (probably even write brand new lore). But I would like to bring the group back.

Get a screenshot of her saying you can do it, might be the easier way.. There were too many people in that group for just one to claim it outta nowhere.

You'll need proven permission from the group's owner, permabanned or not, to revive a group. Send that over to an admin and they can get that sorted for you.

3 minutes ago, Mexi said:

Get a screenshot of her saying you can do it, might be the easier way.. There were too many people in that group for just one to claim it outta nowhere.

I have no contact with her

Just now, Descendants said:

I have no contact with her

Without proof of her giving you permission there's not much we can do. Sorry!

I was always under the impression that once the owner got permed the rights to the group went to the second in command. Well either way, I guess bringing it back without permission would be a dick move, so maybe try and contact her.

If you plan on making a brand new lore why not just make your own trading company? 

I always recommend being original! Why copy when you can create? Even if it is similar...

Can confirm Decesendants. You gotta get the original owners permission.

Here's another potential "obstacle":

Let's say you get the right(s) and can proceed. It's a group (name) that refers to a specific location: Green Mountain Trading Company

So what if GM (the location itself, in the game) is taken / used by another group? Just the name you go for, or also the location?

3 hours ago, Grimnir said:

I was always under the impression that once the owner got permed the rights to the group went to the second in command.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I remember @Rolle saying this somewhere.

Edited by Dan

Just now, Dan said:

Yeah I'm pretty sure I remember @Rolle saying this somewhere.

That's correct.

giphy.gif

Everyone above is correct, but when applied to this example, you are all incorrect. The OP is referring to another group which was in the previous lore, and I remember somewhere that all names and such of old groups from previous lore can be used. No permission is needed. 

If I wanted to make a group called "The Reapers" or "The Wolves", I'm actually able too without permission since the group wasn't made on this lore. 

Amirite? @Rolle

Edited by Jamie

15 minutes ago, Jamie said:

Amirite? @Rolle

Actually no, lore wipe removed all groups and rights to those from old lore iterations, so that we could start with a fresh start without any restrictions about who can use which ideas from old lore. I believe I wrote that somewhere.

1 minute ago, Rolle said:

Actually no, lore wipe removed all groups and rights to those from old lore iterations, so that we could start with a fresh start without any restrictions about who can use which ideas from old lore. I believe I wrote that somewhere.

It's fine to admit you're wrong and I'm right. ily ❤️

Edited by Jamie