Server time (UTC): 2020-11-01, 00:26 HALLOWEEN SALE
Sign in to follow this  
Katzy

Appeal CL - 3 days

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): https://www.dayzrp.com/forums/topic/89893-s1-stary-sobor-nvfl-conbat-logging-2018-04-24-2101/?tab=comments#comment-1663561

Why the verdict is not fair: This is my 1st time for any kind of ban or warning and I was not really given any sort of warning just an immediate 3 Day. I understand the punishment system and the rules, but it was unintentional CL. 

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: I am sorry I didn't take the time to OOC my AFK but a IRL emergency is always going to take priority over a game. I just got back onto the server and am not used to the rules. In this case it would have been a quick return if not for human nature calling at the worst times. And, I was unsure whether to log back in because of active RP, usually have to wait a bit if you DC and not part of active RP and things didn't seem hostile. 

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: A removal of Points and a Ban Lift would be ideal, but would really like the ban lifted at least to continue RP (report took a week and feels irrelevant now, since I've thus moved on with RP). As I would be OK with just a warning.

What could you have done better?: I could have taken just that extra second to scribble out AFK or something. I gave a verbal shout to the person I was with in TS but they didn't get the chance to relay the message.

Hello @Katzy,

Another team of staff members have looked over this appeal and made a conclusion.

Unfortunately, it being your first ban is not an excuse to justify breaking a rule. In this situation, even if unintentional, when you log out within 30 mins before your combat log timer ends (30 mins after you break line of sight). Whilst we do sympathise that sometimes IRL circumstances take a priority, it is still a combat log. 

In future if you need to go afk, you must check with the those you're rping with if it is okay to log out. Only with their OOC permission will your combat log timer be taken away. This is taken from the following rule: 

• 13.5 Players may void the combat log timer if both sides of a hostile situation agree to it.

Outcome: Appeal denied, ban and points stay.

Signed by: @Brady & @Para