Server time (UTC): 2020-10-30, 21:42 HALLOWEEN SALE
Sign in to follow this  
G19RP

3 Day, 10 Point Appeal - G19RP

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): 

Why the verdict is not fair: Firstly Id like to address a few things. For one, just to clarify, I was not the one who was to fight the man, I was just helping to explain some basic ground rules. Now, put yourself into a realistic scenario. You have been taken hostage by a strange group of men, you challenge one to a fight in a cocky manner (perfectly acceptable), however, instead of listening and properly doing the fight, you decide to punch the man who has a gun to you. What do you expect to occur from such a act? Simply lowering your hands after punching someone does not change the state of affairs, just like throwing away a gun does not. He knew exactly what the situation was, and since he clearly did not value his life, he decided to punch the man in charge. This also leads me to another point. The reason the suspect involved would even punch one of us in the first place is glaringly obvious. He does not like us OOC. Myself and many others, over the course of the last 6 or so months, have had multiple run ins with him, all of which have ended badly. Some of the things that have happened include but are not limited to OOC hate, blackmail, and meta-gaming. Most of which we have been able to talk out without any staff intervention. You can even look to the first post he made on the report, and just to quote a particular line, "Let me just donate $10,000 to the server like others or work the shaft of the person who did so I can do whatever the fuck I want", clearly he has some serious OOC problems with us, and it is safe to assume he brings that into his IC roleplay. The point I am trying to make is that the suspect only punched me in order to end or disrupt the roleplay due to his OOC stance with us, and that by doing so he clearly demonstrated a lack for his value of life. Realistically, if someone had you hostage and you know they wouldn't hesitate to back up what they said, then why the fuck would just outright slump one? At least emote going for a weapon, or even emote some sort of emotion or action involved with the act of disobeying. Outright punching your captor is not the way to go if you want to escape with your life. This verdict also begs a very important question. In the future, if I were to punch my captor and lower my fists, or perhaps keep them raised, does this mean I cant be killed? Or is the punching not a serious threat, because I'm sure we are all aware that punching in general is quite random, with some being knocked out in one blow, or maybe they eat 9 shots. All in all, punching your captor is clearly a display of not valuing your life, and just to reiterate, am I allowed to punch my captors in the future with no consequences of death being brought to me?

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: N/A

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: Removal of ban and points

What could you have done better?:  Taken the risk and waiting longer before taking action.

Edited by G19RP

Hello @G19RP,

A separate team of staff has taken a look through this appeal and come to the following conclusion;

In this situation it is seen that your hostage punches you in the arm, where you proceed to mow him down with a fully automatic rifle. In our eyes, this is a completely invalid reason as it does not follow any of the hostage execution right rules:

Spoiler

9.4 Hostages may only be killed in the following scenarios:

• 9.4.1 Hostages do not comply with your demands after repeated requests or try to escape.
  • 9.4.2 Hostages pose a direct threat to you or your group, by for example picking up a weapon when not allowed to.
  • 9.4.3 Hostages do not value their life, for example they continuously talk back or insult you despite being told to stop.
  • 9.4.4 The rescue party refuses to negotiate or opens fire on hostage takers.
  • 9.4.5 Demands from negotiations have not been met after a reasonable time has elapsed.

In this situation, you had complete control over your hostage. He was completely stripped of any and all weapons he could have attacked you with, and you had him surrounded with multiple weapons. This man simply punched you in the arm, which in reality is not a threat to someone with assault rifles nor is it proportional to killing him on the spot. His actions did not show any direct threat to your life, so why kill him? The RP could have been expanded on, but instead you decide to kill him. In the future, do not be so quick the trigger and instead attempt to further RP through torture or other means. 

As for the OOC hate, if you feel like someone displays OOC hate you take it to admins. Send them a PM with evidence to support your claim and it will be dealt with. 

5 hours ago, G19RP said:

All in all, punching your captor is clearly a display of not valuing your life, and just to reiterate, am I allowed to punch my captors in the future with no consequences of death being brought to me?

To address your question above, this would be a case to case situation. Depending on the amount of hostage takers, the amount damage a hostage can do, and many other factors it could be seen as valid or invalid. In this case, the staff team deemed that the hostage did not show no value for their life as the killing was so disproportionate that he wouldn't have expected to be straight killed for a mere punch. Yes it is hostile, however, as we previously stated, you had full control of the situation.

Outcome:

Appeal Denied - Points & Ban Stay

By @Para and @Brady