Server time (UTC): 2020-10-30, 15:56 HALLOWEEN SALE
Sign in to follow this  
Jono the giant

So.. Who met sybil yesterday?

Playing sybil was challenging on my voicebox.. Sorry if sounded like i was cutting out i kept loosing my voice i made him crazy and crazy you got, so who met him and thoughts? ic wise he has gone into hiding to come with himself after seeing if "miracles do come true" on another note i will be playing johnny untill i manage to maintain sybils gruff vocals 

i met him in vybor. my advice is to engage yourself more in the conversation at hand, rather than sitting against a wall emoting things like *he wonders where he heard the voice before*. i know you were trying to reference me and my radio broadcasts, but in roleplay we can't react to these types of emotes because they're your inner thoughts, and our characters don't know what you're thinking. emotes like *he confusedly stares at the man whos voice he's heard before* would allow people to react, but you were also quite far away. you can't draw attention to yourself by walking around silently and then walking off. going up on the roof was interesting, but again, try to put yourself into whatever we're talking about rather than trying to shift focus to your character

Edited by Whitename

1 hour ago, Whitename said:

i met him in vybor. my advice is to engage yourself more in the conversation at hand, rather than sitting against a wall emoting things like *he wonders where he heard the voice before*. i know you were trying to reference me and my radio broadcasts, but in roleplay we can't react to these types of emotes because they're your inner thoughts, and our characters don't know what you're thinking. emotes like *he confusedly stares at the man whos voice he's heard before* would allow people to react, but you were also quite far away. you can't draw attention to yourself by walking around silently and then walking off. going up on the roof was interesting, but again, try to put yourself into whatever we're talking about rather than trying to shift focus to your character

This is actually really good advice in general, I am new as fuck to the whole RP thing so I don't claim to be an expert but don't be scared to join conversations or even start them yourself, sometimes a simple conversation can be more enticing than edgy suicide roleplay stuff. 

4 minutes ago, Gloom said:

edgy suicide roleplay stuff. 

This is a common mistake I see a lot with new Role players. Whitename has a very good point. It's best to try and engage in conversation because that is how the best RP is created. Experienced Role players will notice you trying to get attention by using emotes that are either A: Inner thoughts or B: Suicidal and depressing actions, which is how most people tend to use to try and gain a reaction, and they will most likely ignore it because it is rare that their character will care. Unless you directly try and get involved, it will be difficult to have much RP at all, and you will be stood around pretty bored....

Ive been hanging around Vybor today, just met you, and you're doing fine to be honest! :) 

Guest Wulf_jon

I haven't yet, but I do hope that I do soon.

Your character was interesting, but as others have said don't always try to draw attention to yourself. butting into a convo with some weird question or something might be a lil better.

Never had the pleasure.