Server time (UTC): 2020-10-23, 01:57
Sign in to follow this  
The Buddha

Which would you rather see?

Prison or a zoo  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With Beta on it's way and modding to come.... At some point anyway. I have been getting to work on building a point of interest.

I am at odds as to make a prison or a zoo. I began working on a cell, originally in mind to hold an ape or a chimp (when not in their enclosure) but it does look like something that would hold a human (except the door would need adjusted for human use) 

I was just wondering, what would the community rather have? A zoo with several animal exhibits, or a large prison complex, complete with admin buildings and courtyard? 

If the zoo, what sort of exhibits would you like to see included? Adding animals is a bit beyond my abilities, right now, but the zoo itself I could do. cell.thumb.jpg.f331887d8a5d495c6bc5e091972bbf1b.jpg5ae743e1c873d_frominside.thumb.jpg.e74534c8fac70b39799931b9fe7059ce.jpg

Here are a couple snaps of the cell I have done, so far. 

Once I know which it's going to be I can texture it to suit.

Edited by The Buddha

Dude, make like a totally overgrown zoo! That would be fucking amazing!

While I adore Zoo's for RP Purposes, I'd say a Prison that people can be placed into. I know we have a few cells here and there, but a place-able prison would be really awesome!

That and a zoo would require ... the animals, ya know?  

2 minutes ago, Brayces said:

While I adore Zoo's for RP Purposes, I'd say a Prison that people can be placed into. I know we have a few cells here and there, but a place-able prison would be really awesome!

That and a zoo would require ... the animals, ya know?  

It doesn't NEED animals. Animals would either die or escape. 

Just now, Kain said:

It doesn't NEED animals. Animals would either die or escape. 

Then it can house people! I guess people are a type of animal...

Just now, Brayces said:

Then it can house people! I guess people are a type of animal...

I find that really mean! *cough* @Lyca *Cough*

it'd be really great if those could be put on the back of a truck and people be carried with them, without them being able to jump off like theyd probably do normally

1 minute ago, Kain said:

I find that really mean! *cough* @Lyca *Cough*

She'll love being in a cage! 

Definately a zoo. Though I won't mind a full blown prison but we ofcourse already have a few cells scattered and prison island. If/when ever prison island will get conected to the mainland or boats are introduced, I think a prison would be even less required. But I think something like a military prison up north might be a good thing.

2 minutes ago, Brayces said:

She'll love being in a cage! 

Kinky.

Joking aside, a zoo would be really cool to see.

Edited by Jman14102

1 minute ago, barto300 said:

Definately a zoo. Though I won't mind a full blown prison but we ofcourse already have a few cells scattered and prison island. If/when ever prison island will get conected to the mainland or boats are introduced, I think a prison would be even less required. But I think something like a military prison up north might be a good thing.

what is a zoo other than a glorified prison?

"Here we see the rare 14 year old Nana of the species Mountain men"

An actual prison would be nice, instead of one on an island, A zoo wouldn't make much sense I don't feel.

1 minute ago, Rekhoem said:

what is a zoo other than a glorified prison?

"Here we see the rare 14 year old Nana of the species Mountain men"

Touché on the prison part but in terms of aesthetic it's completely different to a prison of course:P

Where the fuck would you put a zoo in South Zagoria? I cant think of a single city where it would realistically fit in? Go for the prison

I like both ideas an overgrown deserted zoo and an abandoned prison. it doesn't need to be in a city either their is plenty of space  in other areas of the map where the both could be fitted in

With the Zoo I was picturing deep enclosures where you could throw prisoners in, of course there would be ways out, but those may be very restricted. Sort of like a polar bear pit, bear pit, overgrown monkey enclosure... Things like that, with places people could be contained. Would be a large area so wouldn't be in a city, but in one of the larger uninhabited places. If the zoo comes out on top, there would be plenty places for people to be contained. At least if you have a lock pick. 

Or the prison, maybe even have an abandoned death row, and who knows.... with generators in the game..... COME RIDE OL SPARKY!!!! LOOKIT HIM DANCE!

11 minutes ago, The Buddha said:

With the Zoo I was picturing deep enclosures where you could throw prisoners in, of course there would be ways out, but those may be very restricted. Sort of like a polar bear pit, bear pit, overgrown monkey enclosure... Things like that, with places people could be contained. Would be a large area so wouldn't be in a city, but in one of the larger uninhabited places. If the zoo comes out on top, there would be plenty places for people to be contained. At least if you have a lock pick. 

Or the prison, maybe even have an abandoned death row, and who knows.... with generators in the game..... COME RIDE OL SPARKY!!!! LOOKIT HIM DANCE!

Am I the only one seeing situations where two guys with M4s stand above a deep pit and just start spraying down onto around 25 people stuck inside the pit?

Jokes aside, that'd actually be great. Maybe lock the ladders behind doors, altough the quesiton is, to what extend such pits are possible in DayZ

Edited by Rekhoem

Nice graphics- zoo is a great idea, since there are already prison buildings.

Zoophilian group!  - who is down? ¬¬

5 minutes ago, Rekhoem said:

Am I the only one seeing situations where two guys with M4s stand above a deep pit and just start spraying down onto around 25 people stuck inside the pit?

Jokes aside, that'd actually be great. Maybe lock the ladders behind doors, altough the quesiton is, to what extend such pits are possible in DayZ

Would be a nice place for a mass execution of a clan..

I would imagine someone would take the zoo over, have people in the enclosures and make them perform at gunpoint for paying customers, or even sold. 

As for ladders in an out. there would have to be some way for the zoo keepers to get in and out of the enclosures to feed animals, rescue idiots that fall in ect. So there will be ways out, but lockable. Wouldn't be like "heres a pit, down you go now you'll never get out" I think that would anger people more than be enjoyable. Though what about a pit full of zombies....

Zoo, for lore purposes.

36 minutes ago, The Buddha said:

I would imagine someone would take the zoo over, have people in the enclosures and [...] sold. 

Will I finally get to own my slave harem?

1 hour ago, turtlemilk said:

Zoo that can also be a prison. Compromise. 

Oh, it would be. 

I voted Prison but I meant to do zoo, I like to cage people up like animals

Depending on the outcome, will take that in mind, dude. 

18 minutes ago, Brady said:

I voted Prison but I meant to do zoo, I like to cage people up like animals