Server time (UTC): 2020-10-29, 10:56
Sign in to follow this  
Lori

Friends My Age?

*Nana tilted her head as she looked down to the radio on her lap. In their camp, she could hear the adults all talking and joking with each other as they shared cigarettes and drank. The girl glowered softly. She loved them all, but sometimes Nana wished she could have friends her own age. Maybe it'd feel kind of... normal? With a determined huff, she picked up the radio and pressed down on the PTT.*

"Hello! My name is Nana, I'm fourteen. Are there any other kids still alive out there?"

*Click.*

*Emma, upon hearing the voice come over the radio, hesitated for a moment before pressing the PTT.

”Hi Nana, My Name is Emma. We’re pretty close to the same age, I’m just a couple of years older than you.”

*Releases the PTT*

Somewhat surprised, he replies. Nana might recognize the voice, or should, relativley easily. Usual "MO". 

<:: "Wait, you are fourteen? Shit, when we spoke about business earlier, I just thought you had a high voice or were masking it somehow. Did not actually assume you ran some store at that age, at least not by yourself or as head. You better not go alone when you make deliveries and whatnot. Not that I apparently have to hold your hand as you got by so far, but no need to become cocky these days."

A short break. 

"Oh, and having some kids around in your age might actually be good. But if any other children have no personal ties to this area, I do suggest to vacate to Miroslavl or any other permanent safe zones, however. With these constant conflicts, this province is simply not a good place to stay, I think."

Click. 

Shifting under the small blanket, Fae fiddles with her radio for a source of entertainment. It was something to do whilst she waited for David to wake up, at least. A glance to her side suggested she might be waiting for quite some time, but at least he was fairly warm. She wasn't complaining.
 The voice over the radio was familiar, and like one of the replies, Fae was surprised to hear the person running the small clothing business was only a child.

"Nana, my name is Fae.
 I asked you to grab some clothing for me, but I had no idea you were so young! I feel somewhat guilty. If it's too much, don't put yourself in any kind of trouble!

That being said, I know there is a kid running somewhere around called Robbie. He's a sweet little thing, I think he's around your age. Might be worth trying to get hold of him! If I see him around again I'll send him your way. You kids should stick together, be nice to have someone your own age, instead of all these crappy adults running around.

Stay safe!"

Meika would overhear Robbie's name, her eyes flicker for a moment to the ground. Her brows furrowing with an expression of hurt and guilt before she takes her radio, she would respond. For those who knew what Blue sounded like, her voice seems slightly dull and less energetic.

"Hi... Nana.
Robbie... Doesn't hang around the radio station anymore because it got closed down by... a person.
I'm sure I heard your voice before... Outside of the radio station one day..."

She avoids even mentioning Mr. White's name, involving it would've caused her to feel more anger.

"I don't know where he'd be.."

There is a brief pause.

"My name's My-ka, I'm twelve. Nearly thirteen in a few months...
....Yeah..."

The radio cuts off awkwardly as she tiredly stares at the ground, picking at the sleeping bag as she shivers. Balling into herself to keep herself warm in the radio stations soundroom.

Edited by Mademoiselle

*When replies filtered in over the radio, Nana's eyes lit up happily. She pressed down on the PTT to respond.*

"Ah! Hello Emma! I'm happy to hear that there's someone my age around! I hope you're doing ok- Huh? Yeah I'm fourteen mister... I don't go alone when I make the deliveries usually, if I can help it! Thanks a bunch for being so concerned... but hrm, I don't know about leaving this place... a lot of the land outside of our little corner looks like it was destroyed during the fighting... I don't think it's any safer out there than it is in here.... Thank you though!"

*Nana paused as another voice flickered onto the radio.*

"Ah! Don't worry about it miss Fae! Thank you though! I'll find your jacket soon! Ah, Robbie? I think I met him for a second or two before the police showed up and stuff got kind of weird... Hrm- Eh? Yeah it was at the Radio Station... Oh! Were you the girl inside the station? I didnt get to say hi... Well, hi  My-ka! I'm Nana... I hope we can meet one day. I really want friends that aren't adults... Maybe we can go find Robbie together or something?"

*Click.*

Meika feels a soft saddened smile appear on her face as she replies on the radio, wrapped up like a burrito.

"Don't worry, I think I know where he will be today... Hopefully.
And some adults are okay... But careful... Some of them lie like it's okay...
Yeah, I was the girl in the station... I had a heart attack or something... That's why I couldn't come out... I'm feeling a bit better now... The aspirin helps..."

She would place down her radio, looking at the door in-front of her to open eventually.

*Casey would be lying down in bed, awake listening to his radio. He would hear Meika's voice and stare at the ceiling. He would roll up his sleeve and rip off the used Fentanyl trandermal patch from his left bicep and throw it out of the window of the house he was in. He would look over at Calandra and sighs to himself. He takes out his nearly destroyed radio from his cargo pants and stands up. He would walk to a window and hold down the PTT. Casey would speak in his calm voice.*

"There's been a situation, a man currently has, from the context of it... Taken Robbie as a hostage. I'm trying to figure out his whereabouts right now. Nice to hear you are still safe, Nana. Mr. White, out."

*The transmission cuts out.*

*Nana gulped as she pressed down on the radio's PTT.*

"Ah... Well maybe I can help you look for him? Thanks for the advice... erm oh, I'm glad you're doing ok! I was worried when I heard about that... If I find any aspirin I'll make sure to save it for you!"

*When the news of a... hostage came across, Nana paled. Her arm hurt.*

"I...is he going to be ok? D... does he need any help? Can I help at all?"

*Click*

Meika, before nodding off to sleep watches Robbie leave. A soft smile is wrote across her face as she takes her radio. Tiredly transmitting,

”Don’t worry.... Robbie’s with me... He’s safe... And thank you Nana.... It means a lot...”

She places down her radio as she snuggles against the wooden wall next to her bed. She almost immediately passed out into a deep sleep from exhaustion.

Edited by Mademoiselle

Upon hearing his name mentioned on the radio, Robbie reaches into his vest pocket pulling it out of the little blue pouch with a tear of the velcro keeping it shut. Holding it up to his ear he listens intently to the broadcasts being made before pressing the button down on his radio firmly and speaking as clear as he can into it. The sound of a young teenager comes across the radio with a bit of static and some wind blowing in the back.

"Uhhh...hi...this is Robbie. I'm alright...I don't really remember much...but I woke up on the side of the road earlier in Gorka, and there was a car with men dressed in black that drove away. Dr. Elizabeth treated some weird holes in my neck, but... I feel okay...I'll probably be around Vybor a lot if you want to come down Nana...I...think...I remember you from Novy, though you looked like a giant turtle with that big backpack you took out of the tent. I think you were waddling around with it or something...and yeah I'm fourteen if you want to come down and play games or something... just watch out for creepy Kenneth, and that jerk Randy."

He then releases the button on his radio before placing it back in his vest pocket, the wind picking up rather heavily as he reached back with one hand, pulling the hoodie up over his baseball cap and quickening his pace.

Edited by Malthis

*Nana smiled with relief as she pressed down on the PTT.*

"I'm happy to hear that you're ok! Oh... hrm I'm sorry that happened to you. Hrm... Vybor- my family and I help run a shop there! We wear the orange armbands while doing that. I hope I can see you around soon! I'll try to avoid the weird guys you mentioned..."

*Click*

*Grant presses his PTT button*

*Hey Robbie glad you got patched by Beth, hope you're doing ok kid and same thing applies to you as well Nana, i just wish kids weren't in this damn place but nothing can be done about it now, i just ask that you kids stay safe and keep on thriving and if you need any help at all with anything don't hesitate to ask ok...Grant out*

*Transmission Ends*

Sign in to follow this