Server time (UTC): 2020-10-22, 23:31
Sign in to follow this  
XanderSkeiron

Here we go

First of all I'd like to introduce myself, I'm Alex.

For quite some time I searched for an activity that would take me away from the worries of real life, at least for a while, as I'm currently in my final year at uni, stress is all over the place, future plans, exams, the dissertation and many others. Gaming in itself is one of my passions as reflected in my degree as a computer scientist (games branch). I've been watching the development of DayZ since it's birth as a mod for Arma 2 but I never got to purchasing it. Seeing the new engine present in Beta .63, I finally got the push to buy the game, but I noticed that something was lacking, the social side, as most servers are KOS and nobody really cares about anything and can't wait to stab you in the back. So I searched for DayZ RP and got here (quite an inspired name, it was first on the google search).  Seeing how vibrant and mature the community here is I decided to go through the whitelisting process and here I am, awaiting approval, waiting for my new life to begin! 

In my opinion there's nothing that can take you away from the real world as a serious RP environment, which I have found here, hopefully it will provide many hours of entertainment.

That was all! Hope to meet you all in-game!

Welcome Alex,

I sure hope you enjoy your time here at DayZRP!

Welcome to Dayzrp Alex! Good luck with your whitelist and hopefully you'll pass! If you have any question don't hesitate to hope in the helpdesk in the TS that we have. Otherwise, if that doesn't suit you. You can always send a pm to someone on staff and they'll try and reach back to you as fast as they can!

Hello Alex! Welcome to DayZRP. Have you played in other RP communities before? If not, check out the mentor programme here to get some help from experienced roleplayers! 

Hope you enjoy

Thanks for the warm welcome! 

I was part of a few RP communities a while back, mostly in GarrysMod, as mentioned in my whitelist application. I already gave the mentor programme a look, sounds awesome, I might sign in soon after I get my whitelist. Won't say no to a practical crash course of how the rules apply in game!

Cheers!

Welcome mate.

Welcome! <3

Welcome to the community!

gatsby.gif.b0cf205cd83ed77a75d9ddb664916311.gif

Helloo and welcome.

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I really didn't expect so many replies! This does prove to me, as a new member, that the community here is as nice as I was hoping for it to be.

Welcome! 

Just 2 things to get you going

1. Keep your head down till you know how the community works otherwise you are gonna be in report after report, trust me. Find a group of roleplayers (not bandits) and watch how they communicate and act; you seem pretty competent, I'm sure you'll catch on quick. 

2. Build a good reputation for yourself. Making a good early impression will get you far in this community. 

Have a good time ?

Thanks for the advice King. Well, as far as bandits are concerned, I'm more worried that they'll find me before I find them. Hopefully I won't be dragged into any mischief as soon as I get on there. I will try to find a group that would fit the type of character I've been working on, I came to this server for this sole purpose, as lonering around can be done in regular DayZ as well :P I do have previous experience with RP including IC and OOC boundaries, text emotes and not breaking immersion, I'm sure the same concepts apply here, but it'll be good to see how others play. 

EDIT: I think I'm going to have a small heart attack when i'll finally get whitelisted, checked the site every hour today to see if it's been done xD 

Edited by XanderSkeiron

Hello @XanderSkeiron

Welcome to DayZRP Alex!

Congratulations on your whitelist! 

Don't hesitate to have a little look at our FAQ and our Newcomer Guide! There is a lot of interesting and beneficial information to be looked at there. Please don't hesitate to join the DayZRP TS if you need any help, I am sure one of us will be able to help you out! If I happen to not be around you could always contact another member of staff in the DayZRP TS, or PM if none are to avail! Please contact oranges first!

You could check out our Radio Thread if you are interested in knowing where the hotspots are and to just listen in on important broadcasts, there is also a Timeline that we have that you could check out, it has some useful information in regards to what has been happening within our Lore.

Alas, there was one regret I had since making my first character and playing her and that's making a journal for her, you can check out peoples journals and stories and even create your own here: DayZ Stories and Journals

Make sure you understand our Rules and understand the Lore, this is very important for progression and immersion and to avoid getting into trouble. I hope you enjoy your time here and I honestly hope we get to meet in game!

You can also apply for our Mentor Program if you feel the need for some help with certain types of RP as stated above.

a2iUsxc.gif.bede57b43dc81105f254b6fd5c529a69.gif.f1e5a98173bc0deab7ee9aad6caf2306.gif

Edited by Lady In Blue

Sign in to follow this