Server time (UTC): 2020-10-30, 10:29 HALLOWEEN SALE
Sign in to follow this  
Kain

Character Page Limit?

So, I notice a bit of issue when it came to my character page, Casey Hall. 

My issue that I noticed is that at certain points, my character page would get completely cut off. There were even sometimes that my edits would just get deleted completely. This has happened on multiple occasions and has been getting very irritating and have been wondering what is going on.

So, my question is... Is there a character limit in the "Background" section?

Edited by Kain

Truth be told, i don't see why you need 40k characters for a backstory, but you used them all.

Seems that there is a limit and you've reached it.

Brevity is your friend, my guy. Servers only have so much bandwidth :^). If you want extended backstories, you can link to things like external journals etc to give more detailed stories.

Hey Kain,

If you need more space, you could try removing some of the gifs and photos, as they tend to take up a lot of characters. At the end of the day, yes there's a limit, and if you'd like to write more you'll need to create a thread under DayZ Stories and Journals. Props to you for taking such an interest in your CP!

Hope this helps.

Max length is 65 535 characters and that's including all the html styling code etc. 

21 minutes ago, Rolle said:

Max length is 65 535 characters and that's including all the html styling code etc. 

Thank you, papa. I've got my question sufficiently answer.

Request to close <3

/Closed as op requested