Server time (UTC): 2020-10-21, 21:54
Sign in to follow this  
Gaylaxy

S1 | Meta-Gaming | Vybor | 00:20 | 2018-14-29

Server and location: S1 Vybor

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME):  00:20, 2018-14-29

Your in game name: Giovanni Dipero

Names of allies involved: None

Name of suspect/s: Colt Valentine ( @SgtSmithy)

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): N/A

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): 

Detailed description of the events: I entered Vybor with the intention of luring out Colt Valenting from the current "Police eye" trying to isolate him so I could talk to him more aggressively then I could in town. Currently Colt Valentine would recognise Giovanni from his distinct Rhode Island accent and obvious clothing traits being at the time very different. I went into town wearing things completely different outfit and accent which makes an appealing different character. I went into town to see @NateRP already speaking to him in a house as I recognise their voices, Giovanni does not know David Anderson that well nor do I have much affiliation with him as i'm not listing him as an ally. After introducing myself with a different accent/name/outfit he recognises me from me "Revolver", I would understand that if I emoted something special about that revolver such as a key marking or my initials but I did not either times he encountered me. For the record it is actually a different revolver after me losing my last one and I found a newer one to put in my chest holster. So not only has he check pulsed me to see im the same person even though my accents sound completely different he has also just meta gamed that he recognises a revolver that is not even the same. I do believe this is metagaming since he has clearly check pulsed me to find out my name and he knows who I play with OOC'ly.

Will post POV tomorrow as it is quite late. 

My POV: I woke up in Novy with my character and wandered around a bit after speaking with a couple of people around town and talking with them i decided to sit on top of the school house. Whilst sitting on the ledge of the school i was joined by a police officer who wanted to talk to me about the wound i had taken and about the friends i told him about that just stood there and watched stranger hurt and then shoot me with a revolver thus explaining my wounds. So talking with the officer for a little while i filed a police report with him telling him each one of my friends names that just stood that was there but not telling him Galaxy's characters name and we never really spoke and from my knowledge never introduced himself but again i knew he was the one that shot me with the revolver. After talking with the police officer i had an Anarchy Member come up to me and we each talked about my wounds again and i told him who did it and why my friends in my eyes betrayed hurt me and one of them reasons being that i thought i killed my IC sister Angelina Valentine. In front of the officer the Anarchy member told me i 100 percent killed my own sister and when the cop moved away whispered into my ear and told me that Anarchy actually killed them and that they made me believe so much that i killed her and he said the reason he didn't say it was because there was a cop right next to me. So after him telling me this IC information i begged him that if he found my so called friends to tell them the truth and he promised that he would. After that conversation i pulled out my radio and spoke to one of my friends Fae Williams that turned their back on me and i knew full well she was now hanging around with my other friends that turned their back on me. During the conversation i was trying to explain to her that Anarchy got into my head and made me believe that i had killed my sister and told her the Anarchy guys name. Aaron Miller. She then proceeded to say that she didn't know what to believe and that the Anarchy member could be lying to me just to get into my head again but again i was trying to plead with her and tell her i knew he was telling the truth. After a long conversation things got a bit heated on the radio and i was told that i should come to her and tell her this to her face things would be peaceful but if i didn't she would come get me and things wouldn't be so nice. Before this i told she said over the radio that i was hiding and i said i wasn't and she asked were i was and i said i was in Vybor thus leading up to the threat. Anyway i turned down her request and said i will not come to you on your terms and i don't want to be shot again and thus got off the radio frequency. 

Now IC'ly i knew that she would now come for me and she most probably be bringing the others along with her as back up. After a while of interacting with others around town and again the police officer i filed a report with who said they will protect me i believe the server restarted or i crashed (i can't remember which) and when i logged back in i heard a massive fire fight happening around town and i could hear someone asking for about me and if i was in town and i recognised it was David Andersons voice. Also during the firefight when logging back in i could hear the police officer i had just chatted to shouting "Has anyone seen Colt Valentine his life could be in danger". When i heard that i decided to seek shelter inside a two story green building but i needed to go afk also so i went upstairs and spoke ooc //afk 1 minute. Upon returning to IC i noticed a person standing over me and instantly recognised the voice of that being David Anderson. After asking why he was there he said he had come to get me out of the town and return me to my brother but i knew IC'ly this wasn't the case as i know IC'ly that he has more loyalty to Fae Williams to myself so i called him out on his bullshit. During him trying to persuade me to come with him to take me to my brother which again i knew was a lie two cops walked into the room and asked if i was okay. I replied i was was fine and there was nothing to worry about and in a response i was reasured that if i wasn't they would be there for me. At the same time of talking to the cops David Anderson was whispering to me about giving them a fake name which i went with for a short while but i eventually was like okay i am not going to play this game anymore and i gave them his real name and said i wasn't going anywhere with him. After a while of saying i wasn't going with David and David talking to the cops i believe another gun fight erupted outside and the cops left the building. When the cops left the building i spoke with David further who was trying to persuade me to go with him to again meet with my brother. I then called him out of his lie and tried to flick through frequencies to find my brother Jaxon Valentine but i was unsuccessful and meanwhile while doing this David saw me flicking through frequencies and told me to stop. During this in walks Galaxy's character in different clothing and a British accent he asks if we were both alright and how we were doing and i replied with fine but i then realised that he was carrying a revolver and i got a funny feeling IC'ly that he was with David. Upon walking out of the door on the upstairs floor in which Galaxy's character had already proceeded walking down the stairs i heard David say to me "Follow me mercenary friend he will lead you out" I then put two and two together that this guy was with David and must be with Fae and the others trying to get me out of town to interrogate me again and to top it off he was also carrying a revolver so again i put two and two together and realised in my mind that his must of been that guy that shot me before hand. I then said i didn't trust him because i knew it was him because of the revolver and i walked away into town. I was then chased after by Davids character who was again trying to get me to come with him to leave town but i refused and later he was recognised by two police officers as they were looking for him IC'ly thus why David wanted me to tell the two police officers a fake name in the building. After a chase between David and the cops i noticed he was later arrested and handed over to the cdf military forces in town and i watched them leave with him handcuffed. I was then approached again by Galaxy's character again i am not trusting him because of the revolver and that i put the information together from previous events in the building and what happened to me previously and i then repeated myself "I know it's you because of that revolver" and i then proceeded to walk away and carry on RP'ing. 

IN MY DEFENCE: I will admit that i did pulse check him but i do that to everyone i meet so when i do get told their name i don't butcher it IC'ly and if they provide really good RP i can look up their character on the forums, find their profile name and give them some recognition on whose RP did you enjoy part of the forums. I would also like to state that i did not mention his name as i didn't know it IC'ly and i that i knew it was him because of previous events and what was said in the building and that one of the strangers that hang around with my friends carries a revolver. 

ADMISSION OF GUILT: I will say again yes i did pulse check him but i did so for valid reasons as stated above. I provide poor RP and frankly i could of said something better than i don't trust you because you carry the revolver but again my character just wanted to move away from him IC'ly. 

Sorry for the long point of view but i hope this helps. I apologies as i am not the best of writers for punctuation sorry if it hurts your eyes on the read. Also to stop unnecessary back and forth i will be only answering staff questions. I also apologies to Galaxy for any bad RP if i am found guilty and will learn from my mistakes in the future.

Edited by SgtSmithy

Connection Logs: 

Spoiler

01:00:47 | Player "Giovanni Dipero" is connected 
01:56:02 | Player "Giovanni Dipero" has been disconnected

01:02:50 | Player "Colt Valentine" is connected
02:32:06 | Player "Colt Valentine" has been disconnected

01:00:52 | Player "David Anderson" is connected
03:27:03 | Player "David Anderson" has been disconnected

Chat Logs:

Spoiler

01:04:54 | Chat("Colt Valentine"): //brb

01:36:12 | Chat("David Anderson": *Narrows his eyes*

01:54:08 | Chat("Colt Valentine"): *he would tap on the shotgun in thought&

01:54:18 | Chat("David Anderson": *rubs his palms together*
01:54:57 | Chat("David Anderson": *Shrugs*
01:58:00 | Chat("David Anderson": *Folds his arms and smirks*
01:59:26 | Chat("David Anderson": *Shrugs and smirks*
02:03:35 | Chat("David Anderson": *Takes it and folds it into his pocket*
02:04:08 | Chat("David Anderson": // You have perms to powergame that information, even though I'm not really dead. Convince them

02:28:48 | Chat("Colt Valentine"): //me to
02:32:02 | Chat("Colt Valentine"): *he would get into the top bunk and lay down trying to get some sleep*.

Hit Logs:

N/A - Not Relevant

Death Logs:

N/A

--

Already posted PoVs - @Gaylaxy - Giovanni Dipero, @SgtSmithy - Colt Valentine. 

--

Calling in any known allies and any unedited video evidence to be posted. 

Calling in @NateRP to post his PoV, please!

Will post this afternoon o7

People that also may help to shed some light and who my character spoke to both in town and on the radio  Genji - Fae William ,  @OskuRP - Oscar Ross and possibly KyleRP - Aaron Miller

Edited by SgtSmithy

@SgtSmithy Do you (or anyone else) have any evidence that would confirm what you knew about Galaxy's identity, aside from him having a revolver?

Also, @NateRP will be temp banned until he posts his POV.

David Anderson/natERP's POV: Alright so I went into town to grab Colt, he was being guarded by the police so I knew I had to be sneaky-sneaky about it. I went lowkey asking around town if anyone had seen a guy named Colt and no one had, but I knew he wouldn't venture off by himself without being guarded by the police, so I eventually explored every house until I found him in a house by himself. Upon finding him, I had a bit of a conversation about missin' him and shit and how we have to hurry and get out of there because we were going to go "camping."

Upon leaving, officer's come in and shots start popping off on the other side of town, they ask me about how I know him and whatnot, Colt replies how he knows me, officers walk off and then Galaxy comes in. I've had a few run-ins with him but don't really know him super well IC, just enough to work with him on a job. Anyways, I manage to get Colt out of the building before he tells on me to the cops, which ended up in my arrest.

/End pov

On a note, I dunno what happened between @Gaylaxy or @SgtSmithy so I can't vouch for either side since I dunno what's going on between them at that time.

@Harvey i do not have any video evidence but as stated above in my pov before they entered the town i knew that Fae was and possibly others were coming into town to get me out and i also knew IC'ly that one of the group members carried a revolver and the interaction i had with Nate and him saying as i was heading down the stairs behind Galaxy's character that it was his mercenary friend so again i put two and two together and thought it must be him and it was also a massive stand out in my head that he was carrying a revolver and that one of the group coming for me carried one. 

29 minutes ago, SgtSmithy said:

@Harvey i do not have any video evidence but as stated above in my pov before they entered the town i knew that Fae was and possibly others were coming into town to get me out and i also knew IC'ly that one of the group members carried a revolver and the interaction i had with Nate and him saying as i was heading down the stairs behind Galaxy's character that it was his mercenary friend so again i put two and two together and thought it must be him and it was also a massive stand out in my head that he was carrying a revolver and that one of the group coming for me carried one. 

Actually if you listen to the video you don't ask who I am, he is explaining in the context of what you say if someone asks you who nate is not that im "his mercenary friend".

Also as far stated, how did you know my "Accent" was bullshit if you assumed I was just one of his friends and not specifically me may I ask?

Timestamp at 3:58 for what he is referencing.

35 minutes ago, Gaylaxy said:

Actually if you listen to the video you don't ask who I am, he is explaining in the context of what you say if someone asks you who nate is not that im "his mercenary friend".

Also as far stated, how did you know my "Accent" was bullshit if you assumed I was just one of his friends and not specifically me may I ask?

Timestamp at 3:58 for what he is referencing.

To reply i did no ask who you were. Before you and Nate came into town i was speaking with Fae and what she said over the radio i knew you guys were coming into the town. My character knows the Nate has more loyalty to Fae than to me so i instantly knew he was there for me to take me to Fae and the others and as you are walking out the door he says to me "This is one of my mercenary friends" if you listen closely. So instantly i know that you one either one of the group or a guy that owe's a favour. Now being shot by your character the day before with a revolver i instantly can put two and two together and from he's said that you were in fact the guy who shot me. Also i never stated in character that your accent was "bullshit" i just knew because things didn't sit right. 

I hope this clears things up. I do not want to start unnecessary back and forth on here so i shall be only answering the GM's questions from now on to stop this threat from cluttering.  

Verdict:

@SgtSmithy [Metagaming]: Inconclusive.

Explanation:

A team of Staff Members have reviewed this report and come to the following conclusion. First of all, we would like to apologize for the delay on this verdict.

Moving on, the claims of metagaming on @SgtSmithy are simply, hard to prove given the circumstances. From the provided POV's we can gather that SgtSmithy had a previous hostile encounter with @Gaylaxy and @NateRP therefor it would be plausible that SgtSmithy's character recognized Galaxy's voice even though Galaxy tried to put on a different one. There was also a claim to suggest that SgtSmithy was made aware that said characters were in the town from a radio message by @Genji, although this wasn't confirmed by both sides, it wasn't denied either, this in itself adds to our decision to verdict this report as inconclusive.

All in all, in afraid we simply cannot confirm a clear case of metagaming as the evidence against it lies in balance with the evidence for it, this, coupled with the fact that there had been a previous hostile encounter.

Outcome:

@SgtSmithy [Metagaming]: No Punishment.

Signed: @Brayces @Spartan.