Server time (UTC): 2020-10-21, 22:09
Sign in to follow this  
RedRP

3 day ban, 10 warning points appeal

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): 

Why the verdict is not fair: The verdict is not fair because the report section should only be used for IG rule breaks and not forum posts since they can easily be hidden and removed according to Rolle.

07daf165cf1478603d0f09d846b5c83d.png

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: I said this in the report before asking a question, this was however completely ignored at the time as seen in this screenshot:

060b83d713e978805f563538475e4d2d.png

I asked on Teamspeak afterwards and all I got told it was being discussed.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: My 3-day ban and 10 warning points removed.

What could you have done better?: I shouldn't have made the radio post in the first place.

Edited by TheRedOne

Rolle's post in which you have quoted here is correct. Metagaming on the radio chatter forums is not typically met with in game punishments, but is usually handled by staff in several different ways depending on the severity.

The problem is not with the radio chatter post you made, but with the content. You use information you have no right to have in character, and despite what the GM team that says handled the report, you borderline powergame someone.

2.png

The information about the well being of the OP of the reports character after your death would not have been information you had. The report deemed no plausible way any of that information would have been obtained in character.

You follow the New Life Rule in regards to your own death in this situation. You make no mention of your death, only that you were shot. This is exactly how you are supposed play off an in game death where you have not permakilled your character, but not acknowledging the death occurred (and of course, playing the death out as being wounded). You eliminated the OP of the report from being able to do that through your metagamed information.

Due to the severity of the metagaming, we believe the punishment given was correct. Appeal denied, punishment stands.
Solved by Oliv and @Aiko