Server time (UTC): 2020-10-31, 15:52 HALLOWEEN SALE
Sign in to follow this  
Jono the giant

I would like to appoligise.

I feel like im getting too carried away too fast and would like to appoligise.

my recent charecter i have created, sybil wilde was a idea for a crazy Religious psychopath who believes god wants him to abolish the world of evil. 

Due to jumping the gun and not creating a nowhere near good enough background/story to even start saying the things he has on the radio i feel like i have basically killed him straight away and i should delete him/perma.

Yes i am new, yes we all make mistakes and yes we. Can all get carried away at somepoint. i hope to improve and stop having this feeling  what i have in my head that i am presenting myself as a  nuisence to many and bad roleplayer

So yes i would like to say sorry to those who may think oh great another post from that guy... Or how the hell did this guy get whitelisted again?

Sorry if im putting myself down, its just the way i feel at the moment.

It's nice you say sorry, but at the same time I think you have no real need to.

To be honest, I think you might over-dramatize a bit. Like, make an elephant out of a bunny, problem-wise. I do not mean that in a complaining way, more so in an underlining, positive way to acknowledge that maybe there isn't a big problem so far at all.

You have your style. You can either assume others think it can be improved (and you then improve), or you keep it as it is. My point is, you can't please everyone. Some may dislike your content, char, etc. Others may not mind it. It is what it is.

What I would not do is overly worry too much about how you could be perceived unless people give you constructive feedback on where you could improve. Don't worry about perception too much, play a character you feel is fitting.

If you really have concerns about perception or the character, simply make a new one? Maybe get inspiration from other characters (without creating an exact copy, of course).

Just my two cents.

Edited by Combine

Thanks @Combine i will see how far or sucsessful i can be with him before making a decision. This is going to sound cliche' but never really had a good childhood to be creative.. So now im at the age i can do whatever i want i guess all that imagination has a chance to finally spark 

I haven't actually met your character, so I can't speak to the quality of your roleplay.

That said, over the top characters can be great. Yes, you have to meassure if you're "doing more good than bad," but that's a balancing act you shouldn't shy away from OOC. Be a religious maniac, demand penance from all us filthy sinners, but know the limits of your character and play into his weaknesses as much as you do his strengths.

After my current guy is killed off, I have something not entirely dissimilar planned, though he won't be quite as, uh... Loud, let's say. Since his conception I've been preparing myself mentally to having to play alone a lot, and I'm still trying to lock down a way to make him seem plausible in the world we play in.

So really, don't just discard your boy if you enjoy the concept, just turn him into something you can actually play. Radical religious characters can be great fun.

There's no need to apologise, if this is early days for you RPing then everyone's been there bud.

If you feel that you need assistance with RP we have a mentor program in place for people to help guide you in making a character or RP in general, find the sweet spot you enjoy with the RP here and stick to it.

Jono,

There is no need to apologize for being over the top or crazy, honestly there are a lot of RPers that start out like that. Super solider, crazy, doctor, ect. I seen them all and and read them all being an admin and all.

Just enjoy the roleplay, ask for feedback and that is how you get better really. ^_^

No need to apologize. We're all new and we all got to start somewhere. If you're new to something you need to experience it and make mistakes to become better of it right? You'll get the hang of it eventually don't worry! As Mexi wrote we do have a mentor program right here. If you feel like it, you can sign up for it and receive help with your roleplay if you feel the need.

I actually really like the characters that bring something a bit different to the experience! 
Certainly no need to apologise, we were all new here once.

Maybe speaking to an RP mentor might help? What helped me was getting in game and simply observing other RPers for a day or two, just to get the feel for it.
No one is expecting you to be totally perfect and have everything figured out the moment you get whitelisted.
Dont be so hard on yourself, Buddy!

Image result for friend hug gif

Been there, done that and ended up cringing at myself. Best way to deal with that for me was creating a somewhat normal char and see where the road took me. You are not alone with that mistake, lots of people here did the same.

Also ask the mentors for help, they are great. :D

It's all good like mate you get all sorts of people doing all sorts of crazy ideas :D

Try playing a normal character cause you never know where they will end up, for all you know things could happen that will lead your character to become a crazy guy that believes he's doing god's work you just never know.

People are friendly enough too don't be afraid to ask for feedback, ideas or even help from the mentors ^_^

Unlike rest... Im glad that you apologised. It shows that you care... thats a good thing.

Also, unlike some other members here, I think your instinct not doing crazy person straight away is correct. 

I do think new players should start off more passive, learning from side and playing a character that is more like them, cos usually that is easier to pull off.

Doing extreme characters and bandits, needs some experience imo. to pull it off good. 

I say, do what your conscious and heart tells you. 

I suggest starting off with basics :) 

No worries my man! <3 Keep RPing what you want to RP but just make sure you're ready and like other suggested the Mentor program can teach you alot.

@Jono the giant

Hey now, don't apologize! I think it's interesting to play a character that has a little something about them, you know? 

I was hoping I would see you in game yesterday! Hopefully soon? People may offer advice, take it and grow from it. :)

I loved the stories you had shared with us on the forums, I honestly hope you continue in making more! Continue doing you. :)

(I just woke up sorry for my grammar and what not.)

New person makes semi interesting character concept, a few days later thinks it's over the top compared to other people's characters. Ladies and gents I present to you the current enviroment new players to the server play in and, in turn, causes stale RP. 

You do you my dude, what this server needs right now is more out there characters. Graft hard, learn fast, and keep the diversity of Rp on this server going! You can do it! :D Hope to see you in game (after exams are done for me :L ) 

Jono, I commend you for trying an over-the-top character.  I’ve never had the courage to do that.  So, please don’t give up and please don’t apologize.  Diversity is what makes this place interesting.

Edited by Darra

Got to start somewhere buddy, don't be sorry!, Check out the mentor program if you wish to maybe learn some cool tips and tricks on how to improve your RP ;) 

To everyone who left encouraging words for me and some comments on how someone like sybil was interesting and different along with adding something else. I just want to say thankyou!!! :)

we will not be going anywhere anytime soon and you may bump into him soon :)

Guest Roach

Dude do not worry and don't apologize :) 

Your RP was great the other night (When you played Johnny) and sure, you straight up revealed who you were and very fast but it's normal. When we create new characters, we are all eager to show them off. We want people to know them fast and want them to understand who is around them. We've all done it but you will RP more and more and with time you will learn a bunch of new things. The what not and what you can do and so on. I use to suck so so so damn bad at RP like 10 fold. I started to RP when I came here. Never done before. I made a lot of mistakes, but I learn and challenge myself all the time and I know you can too.

You done well Jono. Don't kick yourself man. It's just a game at the end of the day. Have fun, don't break rules and you never need to worry. If people criticise you, then simply use it to better yourself next time in this situation. You got this!  

Edited by Roach

Dude, it's okay, we all started somewhere.

If you want help with characters or anything, feel free to hit me up. I can give a few tips and tricks I learnt in my days of roleplay (so you aren't a noob like I was, and trust me, I cringe at my past RP sometimes).

But yeah, also if you feel like your RP isn't up to everyone's standards, go talk to people in TS or ask for a mentor. That's what they're there for. But I think it's safe to say at least you're trying, and that is all that matters.

I don't think there's anyone that doesn't have some insecurities about their RP. I know I have quite a few, and I know some people who have been on the server much longer than I must as well. You just have to keep trying, and you'll get better after going for a while. Plus, you're playing a type of character a lot of people would be shy about trying. Keep at it! RP is more fun when there's something to be scared of.

@Lizard i know i was just in one of those crap self doubting moods and have ever since posted this wrote a story/journal by sybil in his mindset