Server time (UTC): 2020-10-27, 15:46
Sign in to follow this  
JasonBR

Character Ideas

With the recent death of one of my favorite characters and the archiving of my group. I've found myself out of ideas for characters. Anyone have any suggestions?

Any specific styles of RP that you prefer or certain areas you want to improve on? 

1 minute ago, Malet said:

Any specific styles of RP that you prefer or certain areas you want to improve on? 

Both of my "Big" characters were neutral style characters. I'm tempted to go for a more hostile RP character but I can't really decide. Not a huge fan of hostile RP. Neutrality/Hero style characters tend to suit me better.

push your comfort zone then! Make a hostile character!

In that case you have currently plenty of options: 
1. If you want to give Military (and with that often Defensive HostileRP) a try there are both chernarussian and US/EU-based military groups quite new.
2. Be a civi and want to roam around with more individual freedoms? There are bikers, normal civilians (I think one group even promotes Vybor as a settlement), etc.
3. Go into Research/MedicalRP by becoming a paramedic, doctor, scientist etc. - Needs some research but can be very rewarding.

1 minute ago, Malet said:

In that case you have currently plenty of options: 
1. If you want to give Military (and with that often Defensive HostileRP) a try there are both chernarussian and US/EU-based military groups quite new.
2. Be a civi and want to roam around with more individual freedoms? There are bikers, normal civilians (I think one group even promotes Vybor as a settlement), etc.
3. Go into Research/MedicalRP by becoming a paramedic, doctor, scientist etc. - Needs some research but can be very rewarding.

Funny thing is that you gave examples of all 3 of my characters.

Erin was a Civi who did that until he joined up with the roses.

Sergei was an ex CDF sniper

Drew is currently a medical researcher for the UN. I haven't killed him off yet but my RP fell through for him when the Black Roses archived.

1 minute ago, BSJasonGames said:

Drew is currently a medical researcher for the UN. I haven't killed him off yet but my RP fell through for him when the Black Roses archived.

If you want to pick him up again be aware that there are currently multiple groups (in case you dont want to roam around alone) that would most likely welcome such a char.

If you want to make a totally new one, do what @Genji said and push your limits to grow as a roleplayer, but be aware that playing Hostile chars, especially when you are alone can be frustrating seeing that there are currently many way bigger and stronger groups that are to a certain degree hostile themself.