Server time (UTC): 2020-10-30, 19:49 HALLOWEEN SALE
Sign in to follow this  
NebulousCass

Question for the Loremaster

Post in question: 

Specifically “The Tisy military base has been hit by several Russian cruise missiles”

Does this mean that ICly we shouldn’t access this area? Is there something ICly we should RP out regarding this?

Major is powergaming us all

Well after me reading this I haven’t gone up there as It makes good RP and my character has fear of it happening again..

1 minute ago, DrMax said:

Well after me reading this I haven’t gone up there as It makes good RP and my character has fear of it happening again..

That’s kind of what I was thinking, as cruise missiles do significant damage but if a person didn’t hear the radio broadcast (ICly my character didn’t have a radio at the time of the broadcast) is there something I (or the player base in general) should RP out regarding this? 

Would it be a reportable offense (Bad RP) if someone were caught in Tisy (or leaving it and not RPing out just how destroyed the area is)? 

Im trying to figure out how to handle Lore Master implemented changes to topography works since there is no way through game mechanics to make actual changes and not everyone reads the Radio Chatter thread (or even ICly has a radio to hear the chatter).

27 minutes ago, NebulousCass said:

That’s kind of what I was thinking, as cruise missiles do significant damage but if a person didn’t hear the radio broadcast (ICly my character didn’t have a radio at the time of the broadcast) is there something I (or the player base in general) should RP out regarding this? 

Would it be a reportable offense (Bad RP) if someone were caught in Tisy (or leaving it and not RPing out just how destroyed the area is)? 

Im trying to figure out how to handle Lore Master implemented changes to topography works since there is no way through game mechanics to make actual changes and not everyone reads the Radio Chatter thread (or even ICly has a radio to hear the chatter).

I don’t think it would be classed as BadRP, but it would make goodRP for us to explain what we’ve heard. I too would also like to know a bit more about this though. I’ve personally just said did you hear that broadcast? But I too want to know more :) 

I am just trying to make sure that the rules regarding Loremaster edicts are clear when it comes to any changes to the topography, structures, or any other changes made canon by the Loremasters.

I don’t want to see a report pop up against anyone because the rules were not clear regarding situations like this. 

I'm apart of Major's CDF group and I've personally visited tisy after the strikes to assess the damage caused. What Major said to me is that most of the base is intact just the cruise missiles were aimed at old ammo stores that had been empty for some time. 

So from my pov the base is still acessible but CDF are trying to keep people out because who knows when theres another strike. Hope this helps a tad before any loremaster comments.

14 minutes ago, Greener161 said:

-snip-

It does, but for those of us that don’t have a loremaster or more specifically @Major on speed dial, it would be nice to maybe have some kind of details regarding this posted publicly available?

Cruise missiles do substantial damage, and being so general in the Radio thread with no other information available publicly, but made available to the group he is in seems like power gaming to me.

It's not powergaming I'm the only one whose simply gone and checked the base's damage status. I asked him before this question was posted and I got a response from him. 

Also the amount of damage a cruise missile does is very dependent on the type fired and the lb of the payload. Cruise missiles are highly accurate and not necessarily the most destructive of missiles. But thats all I got until a loremaster replies. 

Edited by Greener161

26 minutes ago, Greener161 said:

It's not powergaming I'm the only one whose simply gone and checked the base's damage status. I asked him before this question was posted and I got a response from him. 

Also the amount of damage a cruise missile does is very dependent on the type fired and the lb of the payload. Cruise missiles are highly accurate and not necessarily the most destructive of missiles. But thats all I got until a loremaster replies. 

It is power gaming if the lore master is in your group, and then makes information regarding lore that they have implemented and made canon available to your group but did not make it available to others.

”Gone and checked the bases damaged status” I have looked everywhere I can think of on the forums for such a status update but other than the vague mention in the radio post I see no mention.

If you mean IG how could you tell how damaged it was without any mechanical changes in effect? 

You can't tell its damaged, its called imagination. I just asked when I was there and eventually got a response from Major and hes sleeping right now so don't expect a response for a while. 

Just now, Greener161 said:

You can't tell its damaged, its called imagination. I just asked when I was there and eventually got a response from Major and hes sleeping right now so don't expect a response for a while. 

That’s my point though, Major made information available to you, a member of his group regarding the specificity of the damage that would give you (and subsequently your entire group) IC knowledge that the rest of the community didn’t have. 

If the question was asked by one person, regarding lore that they made canon then Major should have made a public thread regarding the status of the area.

Your group ICly knowing that it was more or less intact while the rest of us whom have also made the trek up there to “See what the smoke was” or something similar had to make assumptions based on vague details and didn’t want to get hit with a Bad RP report for disregarding Lore just assumed it was utterly destroyed (Since we didn’t have anything else to go off of, but apparently you did) and avoided the area. Now, ICly we have no reason to go back there because we’ve already established ICly that it’s been destroyed.

I see where you're coming from, @NebulousCass, but I'm fairly confident that Major never had any power gaming intent, nor do I think CDF had either. That said, I do agree that we should have had a more general knowledge available for people who do go to Tisy. Personally, I see it as an oversight from Major, nothing more. Certainly nothing "malevolent" or "sneaky."

Something like:

”Anyone approaching Tisy would see the extent of the damage as follows: [Detailed description of the damage]”

This would give everyone the chance to see what it would look like ICly so we could act accordingly. 

Not doing that is forgivable, but not doing that and then making a direct conflict of interest by making that information available to you and not the rest of us is where it becomes blatant powergaming.

3 minutes ago, Dakotaen said:

I see where you're coming from, @NebulousCass, but I'm fairly confident that Major never had any power gaming intent, nor do I think CDF had either. That said, I do agree that we should have had a more general knowledge available for people who do go to Tisy. Personally, I see it as an oversight from Major, nothing more. Certainly nothing "malevolent" or "sneaky."

I’m not saying there was any Ill intent, but the rule was still broken. 

9 minutes ago, Dakotaen said:

Precisely, we were very busy roleplaying yesterday and Major was frequently going AFK so probs hasn't had time to made a formal post. 

Like I said in a post previously here:

If we would make banners on the FRONT PAGE of the website when there is new lore, then more people would know about lore information, becasue, as you said. Not many people look through the forums. (Sadly my poll isnt very accurate because the only people that looked at it are people that look through the forums)

Edited by Descendants

8 hours ago, Rolle said:

Major is powergaming us all

This is correct. 

8 hours ago, NebulousCass said:

4 hours ago, NebulousCass said:

That’s my point though, Major made information available to you, a member of his group regarding the specificity of the damage that would give you (and subsequently your entire group) IC knowledge that the rest of the community didn’t have. 

If the question was asked by one person, regarding lore that they made canon then Major should have made a public thread regarding the status of the area.

Your group ICly knowing that it was more or less intact while the rest of us whom have also made the trek up there to “See what the smoke was” or something similar had to make assumptions based on vague details and didn’t want to get hit with a Bad RP report for disregarding Lore just assumed it was utterly destroyed (Since we didn’t have anything else to go off of, but apparently you did) and avoided the area. Now, ICly we have no reason to go back there because we’ve already established ICly that it’s been destroyed.

I have attached a picture below. There were two missiles targeting the two double door munitions bunker. They would have impacted in the woods nearby or on top of the bunker but not caused any major damage or anything to prevent you from going there. I didn't elaborate more because it wasn't particularly significant. I did however specify that the areas burning were clearly within Russia and that the Chernarussian jets had come from the ocean I.E. Utes Island and Miroslavl airbases. Tisy is fine other than a couple craters that would make nice foxholes if you had a shovel and 20 minutes. All this is just leadup to the next couple of events. I told Greener because he asked, but these cruise missiles are not that big. Hope that answers your question. 

* a great deal of black smoke can be seen rising from areas inside Russia north of South Zagoria *

* another Su-25 would fly in from the south, releasing a barrage of unguided rockets over the border before thundering back out over the ocean *

8QbkZa2.jpg