Server time (UTC): 2020-10-26, 00:33
Sign in to follow this  
Blackburn

Task Force 88 [NATO group] [ Open Recruitment]

badge10.png.1096559fcaf4bf268ad550477d2441c0.png

coollogo_com-172431203.png.7836668b3aa106cf0e219add6e71ab4f.png

History and Activity of CFOR

Following the close of the Chernarus Civil War, NATO has been leading a peace-support operation in Chernarus since 2009 in support of wider international efforts to build peace and stability in the area.  The NATO troops assigned to the operation were designated Chernarus Force or CFOR. Additionally, a NATO-led mission called Steadfast Reaction has been ongoing in Takistan since the conclusion of Operation Arrowhead to provide further training, advice, and assistance for the Takistani security forces and institutions.  As part of that mission, CFOR has coordinated with the Chernarussian Defense Force to secure the western border of Chernarus and run joint operations into Takistan to root out insurgent threats.

CFOR's original objectives were to deter hostilities between Russia and Chernarus in the post-war period while establishing a secure environment to ensure public safety and order.  NATO also supported the international humanitarian effort in Chernarus following the conflict and coordinated with the international civil presence. Today, CFOR continues to contribute toward maintaining a safe and secure environment in Chernarus and opposing encroaching external threats--both state-based and transnational.  Specifically, NATO has supervised the consolidation of NAPA into the CDF, and the integration of CDF operations with regional and global efforts to reduce the threat profile of transnational and asymmetric organizations. CFOR works extensively with CDF within Chernarus but also supports the ongoing mission Steadfast Reaction in Takistan.

Some 10,000 personnel from NATO member states and partner countries are deployed to Takistan in support of the Steadfast Reaction Mission (SRM).  The mission operates with one central hub (in Takmyr) and four major operating wings along the Sharig Plateau, in the Sharman Ghar region, along with the Takhari Ridge, and in the Orgal River Valley.  SRM coordinates heavily with partnership country Chernarus to perform operations across all four AORs, although their primary interaction is along the Takistan-Chernarus border to shore up the relatively porous boundary.

10808860_1512845898982378_730003064_n.jpg.71f9a85fcde90be5a630859580b492d6.jpg

Command and Structure of CFOR

CFOR is comprised of Multinational Battle Groups (MNBG).  A Battle Group is a military unit at the level of a battalion, consisting of numerous companies.  These companies are highly mobile, flexible, and rapidly deployable to potential trouble spots all over Chernarus.  There are currently two MNBGs: MNBG East, located at Joint NATO-CDF Base “Garrison” on Utes Island; and MNBG West, deployed to the mainland of Chernarus at Base “Kozlov” just outside of Kirovograd. The force strength for CFOR totals 4,211 personnel from 26 Troop Contributing Nations at the onset of the outbreak.

HQ CFOR is located at Base “Garrison” on Utes Island.  CFOR comes under a single chain of command, under the authority of Commander CFOR (COMCFOR).  COMCFOR reports to the Commander of Joint Force Command Naples (COM JFCN), Italy. MNBG West is responsible for most securitization operations in the capital Novigrad, conducting joint exercises with CDF along the border of Takistan, and acting as a staging area for large-scale operations in support of SRM.  MNBG East is responsible for most maritime operations in the Green Sea and has the duty of operating in the eastern half of Chernarus, where some of the fiercest battles in the civil war occurred. Much of Eastern Chernarus is still in disrepair, but CFOR has been coordinating with the Chernarussian government to support infrastructure development in the country.

5ae3178a08f87_large(3).png.1be812d39ad6908c904e887d35658985.png

CFOR Activity 

July 7, 2017: With tensions between the CDF and Russian forces turning palpable in the military complex north of Severograd, NATO CFOR places both MNBGs on high readiness in the event of an armed conflict.  Base "Kozlov" near Kirovograd begins recalling patrols along the Chernarus-Takistan border and Base "Garrison" on Utes Island recalls its minor naval assets from the Green Sea to prepare for a potential conflict.

July 10, 2017: Despite the Russian military striking a NATO partner's military facility, CFOR is instructed to avoid armed escalation between the Russian Federation and NATO.  A US Army ODA Team located near the CDF base near Pavlovo is retasked to NATO CFOR and ordered to head north make observations of the armed engagements and report back.  The team's report consists of a detailed assessment of limited air engagements between CDF and Russian forces following the destruction of the base near Severograd, but also includes recordings of strange attacks from seemingly rabid Chernarussians near the site of the bombardment.

July 11, 2017: Reports by the ODA team are confirmed when a massive horde of sick, violent people rush the city of Severograd and other northern towns.  Infectious disease, viral, and biological experts begin work determining the nature and source of the illness. Early estimates put the incubation period at extremely dangerous levels, and the disease seemed highly contagious given its rapid spread.  COM JFCN orders COMCFOR to prepare for a full-on biological containment operation while preparations get put underway for a naval reinforcement. The ODA is ordered to retreat south toward Zelenogorsk and await further instructions.

July 14, 2017: NATO mission "Steadfast Reaction" is put on a permanent hold as the Takistani government orders its border to Chernarus shut down.  Many SRM assets redeploy to the border in an attempt to contain the situation to the east. MNBG West in Base "Kozlov" begins making preparations for a deployment to South Zagoria in an effort to stop the spread of the disease.  Biological experts, having enough information from preliminary reports, assess that the sickness is a virus. They estimate that the unusually short incubation period may indicate a modified or weaponized strain of an already virulent virus.  Work is done immediately to find a solution.

July 17, 2017: US, British, and French naval vessels arrive in the Green Sea as a multinational fleet.  MNBG West deploys its multinational force to South Zagoria, in support of an effort by MNBG East to send American troops to the cities of Chernogorsk and Elektrozavodsk.  With US Army assets being sent to Chernogorsk, the ODA team in Zelenogorsk begins moving south and east in an attempt to link up with NATO forces. NATO flyovers and strafing runs begin across the mainland of Chernarus, focusing heavily near embattled CDF positions in South Zagoria.

July 19, 2017: What is left of US Army forces in Chernogorsk retreat along the coast to the west toward the military installation near Pavlovo. The ODA team continues to coordinate air strikes in the city and its exurbs until forced to pull back into the forested hills to regroup with the remaining US soldiers.  Biological experts are now confident that the viral strain is not natural, but almost certainly modified. MNBG West forces hold in the hills surrounding Zelenogorsk alongside CDF units.

July 20, 2017: NATO CFOR-directed air strikes along the south coast have an unanticipated effect; infected hordes from Chernogorsk and the south-west region of South Zagoria follow the explosions toward the rest of the Chernarussian mainland, dooming all not already evacuated or infected themselves.  This mad rush decimates US Army assets in Chernarus. What is left of the ODA is ordered to go north and attempt to obtain samples of the virus from near the origin of the outbreak. NATO CFOR begins efforts to regroup, but many units are scattered and operating at low efficiency due to heavy losses.

July 24, 2017: Following a massive storm, long-range communications between mainland NATO forces and the coalition fleet have been cut. COMCFORattempts at contacting both MNBGs fall on empty airwaves. Forced to use short-range comms, NATO survivors begin efforts to regroup and organize a defence.

August 10th, 2017: Re-establishment of communications with COMCFOR and an update on orders to assist with the CDF and United Nations furthermore.

August 19th, 2017: Members of NATO partner forces start leaving their posts, lowering morale amongst other enlisted. After questioning on-ground leaders, they could not provide answers as situations were occurring in their home countries, affecting abilities to communicate effectively and send supplies.

September 7th, 2017: After discussion with upper leadership, an underlying order was established to do what was needed to survive. Without telling command, NATO would have access to reinforcements, fire-support, close-air-support, and other military assets while being able to operate on their own accord.

September 15th, 2017: Civilians have attacked the NATO FOB multiple times and it looks most of the civilians in the area are turning on them due to false rumours being spread. NATO command has decided to disband NATO Forces in South Zagoria by October 9th, 2017.

October 9th, 2017: Commands order to disband NATO in South Zagoria have been accomplished. Most NATO Forces have been evac'd out of the country. Some did decide to stay just to gather intel and send it back to HQ.

April 25th, 2018: Due to tensions rising with the Russians, NATO HQ has decided to re-deploy forces in South Zagoria so they can gather intel and aid civilians in the area.

April 26th, 2018: Task Force 88 got the green light for their deployment in South Zagoria by NATO HQ. They have put Captain Jack Castle in charge of the operations within South Zagoria since he's been the only ranking officer on the ground since the outbreak.

April 27th, 2018: Task Force 88 has HALO'd in and got boots on the ground. Captain Jack Castle has officially taken command of all NATO forces in South Zagoria and operations are being planned.

Advanced-Tactical-Infilitration-Course-hr.thumb.jpg.f95d04a3097bf366d71d58114f9c07a6.jpg

-Additional updates to come-

coollogo_com-2521865.png.257267bf2ce914751503dad865960f03.png

Military personnel:

OF-2 Jack Castle

OF-1 Egil Lund

OR- 7 Kristen Klein

OR-4 Rex Wheeler

OR-2 Bucky Brooks

OR-2 Diana Huxley

OR-2 Georgiy Dvorak

Paramilitary:

-None at the moment-

Medical Staff:

-None at the moment-

20110615_7193645_019_opt.jpg.1633febf3088abf663925f62fc9313c4.jpg

coollogo_com-631662.png

Friendlies and allies

CDF - Friendlies

Assumed Hostiles

None at the time

Hostiles

None at the time

Neutral

Civilians

Any groups that aren't mentioned

coollogo_com-1551227.png.2b25b35e131a0d3ed61db49c503514dc.png

-Secure Intel and forward it to NATO HQ. ( Continual )

-Avoid any hostile actions against the civilian population. ( Continual )

-Take actions against any Russian Forces trying to occupy South Zagoria. ( Continual )

-Create a FOB for NATO Forces. ( Day 295 )

-Avoid clashes with civilian settlement ( Continual )

-Aid Civilians if necessary. ( Continual )

-Regroup all NATO survivors in South Zagoria. ( Day 310 )

-Eliminate any threats to NATO Operations or Civilians if necessary. ( Continual )

coollogo_com-13107205.png.78c239895d7d44b940cd6ed4c9f2c0d2.png

-Provide quality military RP.

-Try our best not to PvP 

-Push great internal and community-wide lore.

-Strive to use OOC as little as possible while in game.

-Have a professional Milsim group IC and OOCly.

-Enforce a strict use of in-game radios instead of teamspeak.

-Avoiding glitches within the game that make the game-play unimmersive.

12947907423_731df794a4_k-840x420.jpg.5a60d74d83e4126335ebec48f4a39333.jpg

coollogo_com-2521887.png.59caae967f022eeb1c85856e54ffd7e2.png

Send @Blackburn a PM with the Template.

-IC Name:
-IC Age:
-OOC Age:
-Nationality/Timezone:
-RP Experience:
-Any previous groups?:
-Why do you want to join us?
-Character's Background (Must be Military or para-military):

coollogo_com-23875660.png.a4549d45d3f9357543f8f2305960aadf.png

If Necessary ( Also in the links ?

HFR.thumb.png.84b9f1dee7d10fd6289509521820fefd.png

Edited by Blackburn

This will be interesting - Good luck with this. As someone who's character was present for the last version of NATO I'm curious how this will play out ^_^

One thing though: The number combination 88 is often used from right-wing to neonazi groups as they represent a certain  letter combination. I understand that this group has nothing to do with political ideologies, but just be aware that this can be lead to misunderstandings. Just a friendly advice ;)

I'll be working on the page in the upcoming days. Like adding pictures and more information.

1 minute ago, Malet said:

This will be interesting - Good luck with this. As someone who's character was present for the last version of NATO I'm curious how this will play out ^_^

One thing though: The number combination 88 is often used from right-wing to neonazi groups as they represent a certain  letter combination. I understand that this group has nothing to do with political ideologies, but just be aware that this can be lead to misunderstandings. Just a friendly advice ;)

Ah yess, thanks for the heads up. It has more to so with the real TF-88 irl, very little info is out there about them so I thought that I'd be fun to use thwm as an example.

FOREIGNERS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hype

nato? hype! good luck!

Just sent my application in! Hopefully, I'll be able to join and roll with you guys!

This looks very promising, I hope it all goes well for you guys!

1 hour ago, Malet said:

As someone who's character was present for the last version of NATO I'm curious how this will play out ^_^

I'll make sure it doesn't end up like last time ;) 

9 minutes ago, Dino said:

I'll make sure it doesn't end up like last time ;) 

Dont make me save your sorry ass hiding behind walls :ph34r::P

good luck, hope this lasts!

Glad to see you went through with it! Can't wait to see y'all IG ;)

@Major is this actually a lore group?.. Or..

Ah, finally a supranational entity again (less abstract, a group like UN etc.)!

Edited by Combine

This looks awesome! 

Looks good

Good luck with this

Good luck my guy

@LouieRP Yeah, let's hope that things work out. I'm kind of hyped myself for the RP. 

And thank you to everybody else.

Edited by Blackburn

@Reaper recommend this group to you if you are still looking for one. Hopefully this one will be active ;) 

1 hour ago, SgtSmithy said:

@Reaper recommend this group to you if you are still looking for one. Hopefully this one will be active ;) 

thanks, dude but I'm having a break from groups at the min :D

Is this an actual lore group @PCJames@Major? Also @Blackburn if you are allied with CDF and the Coalition, I can safely assume that you are hostile with BPR

Just now, Descendants said:

Is this an actual lore group @PCJames@Major? Also @Blackburn if you are allied with CDF and the Coalition, I can safely assume that you are hostile with BPR

No just friendly with CDF. We have no allies yet. All of that has to play out ICly. And the lore part is correct, atleast that is what I heard from Major and Sylva.

37 minutes ago, Blackburn said:

No just friendly with CDF. We have no allies yet. All of that has to play out ICly. And the lore part is correct, atleast that is what I heard from Major and Sylva.

As far as I'm aware, groups that arent led by a LM have to earn rhe title of Lore Group and show that they can be a serious long term group after several weeks of being in existence. Also, last I checked Sylva's name wasn't pink.