Server time (UTC): 2020-10-28, 14:55
Sign in to follow this  
Joshie

Should i get back into DayZRP?

So recently i’ve wanted to get back into DayZRP but I feel like since .63 is coming “soon” I shouldn’t because then it would be a pain in the ass to get my character back to how it was. Also, i’d have to make a new character because I don’t remember shit about what I waa doing, who I trusted and who I didn’t and whatnot. 

So I just want an opinion on whether or not to get back into DayZRP.

I also haven't played since OCT 2016 and I'm thinking about trying it again, how's things here? What's server population like? It's already hard enough to get interactions on normal servers.

I haven't been here long - but I can drop a little bit of info.

Factions on the server are basically refreshed versions of old groups, although they still manage to give off a new, fresh feel that most groups are unable to. Player interactions are pretty poor at the moment and it mostly consists of "Hey, whatya doin." "Gotta go, bye!", although this is definitely improving now that the issue is being addressed on the forums, and can only be fixed by the player population putting the effort in. During peak hours the server is normally full, and you're no doubt gonna bump into people during those times - even during low-pop you'll usually bump into someone if you aren't actively looking for someone. Administrators are quite sensitive to rule-breakages as they've always been, so you need to be careful what you do in-game and OOC, but if you keep your head down and just play the game, you won't get dragged into issues. The server is quite stable and persistent, and DayZ itself is running well enough to facilitate good roleplay.

If you are coming back, I highly suggest that you re-read the rules thoroughly so that there aren't any creases that need ironed out - small mistakes can cause big problems. There's been a lot of rule changes so I seriously encourage you to know the rules well. 

Of course there is no way for me to individually tell you how you're going to experience DayZRP and if my word was final I'd say get back into it and make up your own mind.

Everyone develops their own opinions, some love it, others hate it. I'd say it's best for you to hop on for a day or two, meet some people and find out what you think of everything.

You should get back in game now so you will be all caught up with current affairs once 0.63 drops