Server time (UTC): 2020-10-27, 11:15
Sign in to follow this  
Sylus

Seriously, 2 hours. Need some help here.

I don't get a lot of free time do to university. However I kind of wanted to get into this community. I've spent 2 hours reading through the rules word for word, bottom to top then top to bottom looking for this passphrase. I read the FAQ, and the guides for finding the password saying explicitly not to make a post about not being able to find it. But it isn't there. I've tried to apply to the community before apparently about a year ago, but the passphrase probably discouraged me.

I've done text to speech and listened to the whole thing.

I've highlighted it and read it aloud word for word 5 times.

Still can't find it. I'm giving up at this point, at this point I have spent too much of what little free time I have trying to find this password. 

Here's the text I've gone through.

-Snipped for showing rules and passphrase-

Please do not reply if you are simply going to to tell me to take a break and read through it again. I've done it five times. I could probably answer any quiz on it you give me. Any help would be appreciated as long as it isn't anything posted in the FAQ or any of the guides.

Hello @Sylus

Sorry to hear that you are having a hard time, you could try this guide out here.

Trust me, it is there! Just take your time.

Edited by Lady In Blue

4 hours ago, Sylus said:

Please do not reply if you are simply going to to tell me to take a break and read through it again.

I'm sorry but, I recommend taking a break and reading through it again. It is in their, try reading slowly and out loud which is what helped me. Also the guide Lady in Blue posted should help!

@Lady In Blue Hey, thanks for the quick response. Pretty sure you didn't take the time to read my post like I read through the rules. I've already read the guide. I said it in the post. I did what the guide said. Still can't find it.

18 minutes ago, Sylus said:

-✂-

Hello @Sylus 

I indeed did read your question, as @Brady said, the guide I provided in the first response would help you out a lot! We can't really do much, only offer you advice with guides and such. 

I understand how frustrating it can be, give your eyes a break then come back to it and try again.

Read the rules out loud to yourself with no music or distractions in the background. 

There is nothing we can to help apart from advising you to read the rules out loud and to keep looking.

Edited by Lady In Blue

I understand your frustration Sylus, but the best way to find the passphrase is to take a break. The passphrase is well hidden for a reason — it more-or-less forces you to read through the rules multiple times. Lady in Blue posted a guide to help you. There’s not much more we can do, but rest assured it’s in there. 

Edited by Whitename

Thanks for the replies, however I wasn't sure I would have the free time to be a regular member of the community to begin with. I was kind of excited to be a part of it but as it is I have spent upwards of three hours just trying to get through the initial application phase. I understand it is there somewhere, and I understand it is supposed to be very difficult to find, but I was reading off of this post again to find it only to find the text got snipped and I would have to start all over and I do not have another 3 hours to spend tonight on it. I honestly suggest making it somewhat easier to find, it makes this community seem very unwelcoming if three hours of reading text aloud is mandatory to get in. I don't think I am going to spend any more time looking for it, but thanks anyway, I understand you aren't allowed to help.

11 minutes ago, Sylus said:

-✂-

Sorry to hear that! Hopefully, you are willing to give it another go once you take a break from it.

Edited by Lady In Blue

Just now, Sylus said:

Thanks for the replies, however I wasn't sure I would have the free time to be a regular member of the community to begin with. I was kind of excited to be a part of it but as it is I have spent upwards of three hours just trying to get through the initial application phase. I understand it is there somewhere, and I understand it is supposed to be very difficult to find, but I was reading off of this post again to find it only to find the text got snipped and I would have to start all over and I do not have another 3 hours to spend tonight on it. I honestly suggest making it somewhat easier to find, it makes this community seem very unwelcoming if three hours of reading text aloud is mandatory to get in. I don't think I am going to spend any more time looking for it, but thanks anyway, I understand you aren't allowed to help.

I’m sorry you feel that way, but thanks for understanding.