Server time: 2018-11-15, 13:35 WE ARE RECRUITING
Mexi

Allow the robbery for items once again.

Should we revert to allow hostilities to build off of robberies? (6.1 and 6.2 change/ removal)  

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Razareth said:
4 hours ago, RogueSolace said:

I agree with @Razareth  I get maybe a few hours a day to rp. I've spent up to a week getting my ch geared due to that, only to have it all stolen because someone went 'oh that's nice, I'm lazy, gimme, initiate'. 

Makes it difficult and extremely frustrating ooc. Because as my ch has specific things I use to rp with, then I have to go spend another however long, finding those items, again. Repeat. It get's to a point its infuriating. 

Also this.

The fact you're both complaining mainly because of gear loss instead of the RP provided shows that TBH you're apart of the issue currently plaguing the server.

People can, will and should be able to make the choice betray you, it's RP. They've made he decision that you're not fit for the items you're carrying due to being too nice or them needing it more. Just because you let your guard down for a stranger in an apocalypse that doesn't shift the blame onto the person taking the items and providing you with RP.

Not only that Rouge I've seen you numerous amounts of times walking around with like two Alice packs around people just swiping EVERYTHING you find in a town, that's not only selfish but why shouldn't someone rob another person in such a vulnerable state? If you're walking the loot spawns and taking the decent shit then what's everyone else meant to grab? The paper thats been left?

to me it just seems you're both here for 'hey I can keep thes because the rules are my cover' and putting RP second, which is a shame.

Edited by Mexi
Phone auto correct fucked me.. might be more.

1 hour ago, Mexi said:

to me it just seems you're both here for 'hey I can keep thes because the rules are my cover' and putting RP second, which is a shame.

ok that being said but what about the no RP apart from drop your shit 5-10 seconds of nothing then they run away with your shit, now I get where you are coming for some they may what to run around doing this, but then you have some who don't,  i don't care either way but the robbery has to come with good RP or then it will become putting stealing shit first fuck RP.

2 minutes ago, Reaper said:

ok that being said but what about the no RP apart from drop your shit 5-10 seconds of nothing then they run away with your shit, now I get where you are coming for some they may what to run around doing this, but then you have some who don't,  i don't care either way but the robbery has to come with good RP or then it will become putting stealing shit first fuck RP.

Then you report it, when they don't give you RP.

Why punishing everyone? ;) 

1 minute ago, Reaper said:

See, not sure I've you've read everything on this thread so I'll say it again.

Theres this really cool feature within the community that was apparently recently added because it seems like no one knows how to use it called the report section. If you put a report up, the bad apples get punished and if they continue to not understand why they're getting points and banned they'll be gone pretty fast.. Such a difficult concept.

2 hours ago, Tony said:

To those who are responding to this with a low down version of "It's my gear, I worked for it, it shouldn't be taken from me. It makes me sad OOC when my character is sad IC. Bla bla bla, this game isn't meant for me, but I am gonna complain until it's transformed into something that is for me at the expense of everyone else, because for the life of me I just can't seem to want to RP in something different... where I can mentally handle it!" you need to stop.

I am going to flat out say it like this. Killing people for no reason spoils an RP, so the trigger happy stuff... I will never support it. Deaths need to be earned. But crying OOC'ly over gear or your characters feelings to the point it effects an entire god damned server however doesn't only spoil an RP, it poisons the RP world. When you get your way the setting changes, the fear is gone, the believably is gone, the integrity is going... it changes the entire setting within the setting so it's got literally zero credibility in terms of lore. This is far worse than anything else that could happen.

OOC and IC should be completely separate. First god damned rule of any RP community, but somehow the OOC always seems to seep in from people who cannot separate themselves from their characters. It's not YOUR gear, it's your CHARACTERS.  You shouldn't give a shit.  And a lot of you people are used to me fighting in your corner for other things, such as when someone is being kill happy or big groups of PVP whores dominating a server... because again that's defending peoples ability to play a character without the risk of an OOC kill thrill seeker ruining it, but I would rather have that than be in a setting where the very soul of it is torn out to cater to a minority.

Look at this setting. Zombie Apocalypse. If the Walking Dead was all pleasant happy fun time, no one would god damned watch it, just the same as how so many people are disheartened to play right now. 

When I see a report up there with someone reporting over gear, trying to use any excuse such as bad RP, when we all know that's just a bullshit excuse to mask the salt... it triggers me. Bad RP to me is running around barking like a dog in a public setting, it's not failing to perform an Oscar worthy improv routine for you... not everyone is an actor. Get off your damn high horse. 

And am I triggered? You bet your ass I am. I know RP inside and out so believe me when I say it really chaffs my ass seeing it being dissected and bastardised into something barely recognisable for OOC happy feels of a few whiny people in a HORROR SETTING.

I dont even need to respond to much on this thread anymore, I should just keep quoting your posts because your literally 100% right and say damn near everything I'm about to say. 

I dont mind to be robbed for gear as long as I receive also RP out of it. Take all my stuff, but give me something in return - easy as that.

1 hour ago, Mexi said:

report section

yes i get that but how many will end up going up  don't you think the report section gets enough crap just saying

Just now, Reaper said:

yes i get that but how many will end up going up  don't you think the report section gets enough crap just saying

That's not what you should be worried about, we have staff to take care of that.

You should be worried about the RP provided, report and get the bad apples removed.

1 hour ago, Mexi said:

That's not what you should be worried about, we have staff to take care of that.

You should be worried about the RP provided, report and get the bad apples removed.

yes you are right like i said i don't care for my stuff but good RP needs to be there too we will just have to see what will come and go from there .

Is the poll still open for others or is it closed for everyone else too? 'Cause I didn't put a timer on it.

Open for me. 

I'd like to see the rules revert with some changes. Let people rob, but demand a high standard of RP when it happens. Let people learn to RP robberies better, perhaps by doing small bans or mandatory time with a mentor for repeat bad RP offenders who are new to hostile RP. 

I don't know if it's still open, but I voted the second it came up, not that it will make a difference. We have no power here.

But that's not it's purpose. It's a statement. And as far as I am concerned it speaks for itself. It reiterates everything people have been saying since  the desecration  of the community standard. It says the system is broken, it says the rules are wrong. We're not all ignorant people who should just go with the flow and 'roll with it'. A lot of us understand Roleplay standards and by the looks of things, far better than what we have. There's a lot of us who don't even like each other who are standing on the same camp on this, so that to me is saying something about putting the community first.

A lot of the people my view supports I've debated against for other reasons in the past, just the same as those I've supported in the past I oppose now. The reason for that is because I advocate the standard of RP conduct, something every RP'er should strive towards. I've been saying it for a long time now. We need -balance-.  Too much in one direction taints the structure, so lets get all ying and yang up in this bitch. We don't need more shackles any more than we need to be set loose without any restraint. 

Believably, story telling and striving towards making each others play experience enjoyable is the goal. In that we should all agree on. But you can't do that with this social justice, censorship, wall of pointless text restriction bullshit making people second guess their every decision and allowing others to hold onto it like an OOC bullet proof vest so they have more control in what should be organic. 

The community standard is broken. That is the bottom line.

Posted (edited)

I could careless about my gear being taken, as long as the person doing the robbery actually needs it and I’m provided good role play throughout. Being robbed by someone for my gun when they are duel carrying a m4 and SVD makes little sense (but it has happened to me before). Don’t just initiate on me and spend 5 minutes silently going through my bag.

People get too attached to their big guns that half of them shouldn’t even know how to use. If you need supples such as ammo and the person has a gun that uses the same as yours you should be able to take it from them. Need food or medical supplies? Should be able to rob for it. Only thing I’m against really is robbing for articles of clothing...(that has happened before too)

Edited by Clumsy

Honestly, I wrote a status update giving people permission to initiate on me for whatever.

The server is literally a boring mess and I don't get the fear thrill like I used to. It's like groups will go to other groups and kill them but leave the dynamics alone. I haven't had a robbery or hostile RP in 6-7 months. I enjoyed my hostage RP - I used to get taken like hostage 3 times a day almost. 

Pros

• Create conflicts about characters
  • Creates fear back into the server
  • People stop hiding behind safety rules and are actually at risk

Cons

• Reports (because people will get salty over losing there dank gear)
  • Gear>RP
  • Drop weps 10 secs, this is a 5 second robbery

P.S If anyone wants to rob me for no reason, fucking do it, I'm bored of waddling around thinking everything is safe all the time.

5 hours ago, Mexi said:

The fact you're both complaining mainly because of gear loss instead of the RP provided shows that TBH you're apart of the issue currently plaguing the server.

People can, will and should be able to make the choice betray you, it's RP. They've made he decision that you're not fit for the items you're carrying due to being too nice or them needing it more. Just because you let your guard down for a stranger in an apocalypse that doesn't shift the blame onto the person taking the items and providing you with RP.

Not only that Rouge I've seen you numerous amounts of times walking around with like two Alice packs around people just swiping EVERYTHING you find in a town, that's not only selfish but why shouldn't someone rob another person in such a vulnerable state? If you're walking the loot spawns and taking the decent shit then what's everyone else meant to grab? The paper thats been left?

I'm sorry that you are viewing us as the problem.

As for your brilliant plan of having Staff deal with them. People can merely put in the minimum and get away with your equipment.

...and sure lets get rid of the rules then, but when the people starts complaining that we're hiding in the corners of the map and avoiding RP don't come crying to us.

Because we'll be RPing "Realistically". I'll be going..."You know what. Every person I've met has robbed me, even though I'm only trying to help. So I'm going to avoid any stranger." Cause how am I suppose to meet new people and expand my RP circle if every individual just wants my items.

I don't hide it. I am a lootwhore. I've supplied countless individuals with tents, vehicles, clothing and weapons. Cause I take the time to look for them. I know where people hide them and if it is on my list. I'm going to find it and get it to my client. As simple as that.

Is that what you want then? Cause this whole time, every single individual that has challenged me. Is saying I'm weak and this is the Apocalypse people are going to betray each other.

Yet Lore wise we are not nearly that far down the shit creek without a paddle. Miroslavl is still standing and there is about to be basically World War III fought in South Zagoria. Do you think two nations would go to war if supplies were that scares? People just accept what is around them in DayZ without thinking about the Lore. You really think cars would have rust so quickly? Its been hardly an year. They are not build that badly. Stores would still have larges amounts of supplies. Same goes for hospitals.

If you also actually read some scientifically studies, it will all point to the opposite of what is happening in DayZRP. The scared, desperate excuse would work 3 years from now. When there is no big civilization just outside the borders and we are actually down to the last can of food and bullet.

You are merely providing petty excuses to be an asshole in-game and lazy to the point of not gearing yourself. Because robbing someone now doesn't make sense. Because you are either doing it OOCly just because you can or you created the most edgy character very, because that also makes sense. That a teenager with enough mental problems to snap would be allowed to fly anywhere and not locked up in a mental hospital is totally viable.

I've had times were I would gladly give up my equipment in the name of RP, cause it makes sense.

However we are all suppose to still be living under the sense that the infection will be fixed or cure, but most people have accepted "OOCly" that the cure will never come.

You think it is wise to rob military or any type of government forces if there is still a chance that this will blow over and then you'll be sitting nice and snug in a Chernarussian jail cell?

You say we don't priorities the RP, yet our characters are acting and doing what an normal person would do. They are not setting up Kingdoms or pretending to be something they are not.

They are helping the people cause it is still the right thing to do. If this was brought up 3 years into the Lore I would have been on your side, but where we currently are. It doesn't make sense to rob anyone.

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Razareth said:

Snip

Me and Mexi don’t often agree. Hell I’d go as far as saying we don’t even like each other. Our approach to things is completely polar opposite… but, we’re not hypocrites. We’re both loud mouthed, opinionated sons a bitches and maybe I am a little bit more sympathetic… but he’s right and in this case specifically the damn server is suffering for it. With that said, I am sorry, but I am gonna have to dissect what you said.

Staff are not incompetent, it’s not so hard to ask them to do their job. It’s what they applied for and a lot of them past and present bust their ass for the community. The last thing they want to do is be seen as useless.

What people do, be it go out and hide or some go out in the open is completely up to them. With that said I am not advocating for 100% hostile RP, I am advocating against persecuting an entire branch of RP’ers. I want balance. I don’t give a damn if people hide in the woods because that is their choice. There is an element of risk… you either make enemies or you make friends. For the most part as a hostile Roleplayer, I don’t even care about gear. What I care about is -you-. Do you know how many friendships I’ve formed over hostile intent? Most of them… all though something more dramatic and involving than “Would you like a marshmallow to roast over this eternal campfire?” Because that’s boring.

And I get it, you want to meet people and have friends and what not. That doesn’t go away, you just have to build trust opposed to game hacking straight to happy forever friends fun time.

You’re supposed to be cautious of strangers. The times are desperate. People are desperate. Others are feeling the first time of release from social restriction. There are no laws, so is it that difficult to believe they will do whatever they damn well please with nothing to fear?

But lets talk about the lore shall we? We’re playing dayz, yet it’s so easy to forget there’s zombies everywhere trying to kill us, as well as rabid wolves, not to mention bad people… so travel is a risk. All those frozen foods in super markets should by this point be stinking up the place because… electricity is out. Oh and as for the canned foods… ever worked in a super market? You’d be surprised how QUICKLY shit clears out and gets restocked. You’ll find every day is a delivery day. Guess what? No one is delivering more! And yes if someone has food for that day, do they have it for tomorrow? Gotta plan for when you’re hungry again.

Lets talk gun and bullets. No one is making more and lets remind ourselves that we’re using these guns EVERY SINGLE DAY. Again, scary shit trying to kill us… those bullets be flying out those magazines. Oh and as for maintenance, which they need of course… that shit ain’t being made either. So yes, it makes all the sense in the world to stock up on guns.

So the need option, even if you have is a viable reason for hostility, because even if you have, you will always need -MORE-. Besides that, some people are just pricks with no supervision. No police, no jails, no nothing… for some folk they finally get to be the asshole they’ve always dreamed of without consequence. Society locks these people away… but guess what, no society, now ya have to deal with them!

As far as cars rusting… no, but fuel ain’t an infinite supply. I don’t see no drum trucks rolling up to restock the garage. What nations? They’re all frickin dead. We’re literally on our own with outposts. There’s no government. It’s the dregs of what was one still pretending to be so. Hospital supplies will have a better chance than food stock sure, but not when people realize how valuable that shit is and start hoarding fuck tons of it, which by the way… has happened and makes all the sense to happen, because when you have supplies that can keep people alive, you have power.

It’s not an excuse that would work 3 years from now. Last time we had heavy snow where I live, places cleared out in 3 god damned days.

So no, it’s not petty excuse to be an asshole in game. It’s valid and logical excuses to play realistically. It’s the very self centred ‘my gear’ approach, you’ve presented which is a pretty excuse. Robbing someone makes all the god damned sense in the world right now! It’s not being edgy it’s being a survivalist.

You are severely underestimating how quickly society  can fall under these circumstances.  We’re on what now… 7-8 months? There is no society…

Now I don’t intend to make you look foolish or even slate you, but you are wrong.

Edited by Tony

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Razareth said:

I'm sorry that you are viewing us as the problem.

As for your brilliant plan of having Staff deal with them. People can merely put in the minimum and get away with your equipment.

1. If you're expecting Oscar Award winning roleplay in every situation you go into then sure, you'll be disappointed. As a lot of people have said, it's a two way street and from what I read previously and now, it's rather clear that you're more worried about  keeping your 'roleplay items'.

...and sure lets get rid of the rules then, but when the people starts complaining that we're hiding in the corners of the map and avoiding RP don't come crying to us.

2. You and many others still do it now, Vybor might be populated sure but thats like 10-15 people. Then you've got others basically just saying 'get ahold of me privately' on the fucking radio and cutting people who COULD be apart of your roleplay but here we are.

Because we'll be RPing "Realistically". I'll be going..."You know what. Every person I've met has robbed me, even though I'm only trying to help. So I'm going to avoid any stranger." Cause how am I suppose to meet new people and expand my RP circle if every individual just wants my items.

3. Again, I'm sure this has been happening from the beginning anyway. I'm yet to come across the two people who have complained about gear since both of the UN camps were up and running.. Shocking, I know. If your character is like that perhaps travelling in numbers might begin to cross his/ her mind, as that would be the safest way to travel considering the circumstances.

I don't hide it. I am a lootwhore. I've supplied countless individuals with tents, vehicles, clothing and weapons. Cause I take the time to look for them. I know where people hide them and if it is on my list. I'm going to find it and get it to my client. As simple as that.
4. Good for you, admitting it is always the first step.
Is that what you want then? Cause this whole time, every single individual that has challenged me. Is saying I'm weak and this is the Apocalypse people are going to betray each other.
5. It is what'd happen, survival instincts would kick in.
Yet Lore wise we are not nearly that far down the shit creek without a paddle. Miroslavl is still standing and there is about to be basically World War III fought in South Zagoria. Do you think two nations would go to war if supplies were that scares? People just accept what is around them in DayZ without thinking about the Lore. You really think cars would have rust so quickly? Its been hardly an year. They are not build that badly. Stores would still have larges amounts of supplies. Same goes for hospitals.

6. It's coming up on a year, it's not a large country and the stores aren't large either. The population however is rather large and I'm sure you can tell by looking around at the buildings (and I think theres some population information in the lore, not 100% on that) stores would/ should be bone dry, people would be looking at growing at this point as there'd be nothing left on the shelves. As for thinking about the lore, a fucking nuke went off near the coast of the country about a week-ish in. I'd grab whatever the fuck I could off shelves or people.

As for the cars rusting 'so quickly' I better get onto the dev team about that, because clearly as a community we have a say in the development and design of the game -HEFTY SARCASM-

If you also actually read some scientifically studies, it will all point to the opposite of what is happening in DayZRP. The scared, desperate excuse would work 3 years from now. When there is no big civilization just outside the borders and we are actually down to the last can of food and bullet.
7. Scientific studies? Nothing has happened even close to DayZ so these 'studies' are founded on thoughts, nothing more. As someone from the UK, we get an inch of snow and the country is shut down for a week. In comparison, we'd be fucked. I'd say people are doing just fine with taking what they need for themselves, friends and family.

You are merely providing petty excuses to be an asshole in-game and lazy to the point of not gearing yourself. Because robbing someone now doesn't make sense. Because you are either doing it OOCly just because you can or you created the most edgy character very, because that also makes sense. That a teenager with enough mental problems to snap would be allowed to fly anywhere and not locked up in a mental hospital is totally viable.

8. Petty excuses to be an asshole? Sure, I enjoy hostile RP and enjoy building hostilities with people because that's where the fun is. I can gear myself quite easily because the game has been out for 1.4k hours and I know where to go for it and how to keep hydrated and energised but as I said, I'm not worried about the gear. I want the RP that builds off of robberies to take place again.. But of course, back to the gear > mentality because as you said yourself, you're a "lootwhore".
My character was a Private in the VDV who decided to stay behind for friendship and the relationship he was attempting to build at the time, so if anything he's actually gone rogue. He's hostile and I haven't robbed someone since VDV archived, but I don't need to explain shit to you about my character because that's not what I'm here to talk about. Not a teen, he's 33.. But sure, create more excuses for yourself to seem like being a lootwhore is the top notch thing to drive the story for EVERYONE INVOLVED.

I've had times were I would gladly give up my equipment in the name of RP, cause it makes sense.

9. I'm sure.

Spoiler

doubt.png.fbe4859632b5e89e3845538580bf80e7.png

Jokes aside, you've not exactly made that evident with what you've said whatsoever.

However we are all suppose to still be living under the sense that the infection will be fixed or cure, but most people have accepted "OOCly" that the cure will never come.
10. Most people ICly know that the UN hasn't announced anything in what, Months? Another group that came in, the VDC also let the people down and turned out to be off their fucking nut, what else to people have to believe in where a cure is concerned considering the CDF haven't done shit and neither has this 'imaginary' government.
You think it is wise to rob military or any type of government forces if there is still a chance that this will blow over and then you'll be sitting nice and snug in a Chernarussian jail cell?
11. Do I think it's wise? No. But as a lot of people have said if there's not a force to back it up and you NEED what they have what's stopping them. Refer to 11 for further clarification as to why people don't need to give a shit about military/ gov. officials currently.
You say we don't priorities the RP, yet our characters are acting and doing what an normal person would do. They are not setting up Kingdoms or pretending to be something they are not.
12. 'Normal person' sure sure. These 'kingdoms' that have popped up are settlements, attempts by survivors to bring people together as one to create RP for everyone and give someone a hub, if you'd leave your tent in the black mountains for maybe an hour you'd be able to interact with the people who I'm sure are beneath you.
They are helping the people cause it is still the right thing to do. If this was brought up 3 years into the Lore I would have been on your side, but where we currently are. It doesn't make sense to rob anyone.

13. We're near enough coming up on a year since shit hit the fan, it makes sense to grab what you can even from the beginning. I'm sure your people are helping 'the people' you see fit to enter your little golden circle, but no one else is seeing this RP come forward.

Green is me, enjoy the read. I'll edit if I missed something.

Edited by Mexi

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Razareth said:

-snip-

This is exactly the problem, why is your backpack so valuable to you in a zombie apocalypse? be happy that the man didn't kill you or worse.
Getting him banned just for wanting or needing your equipment is exactly why RP is starting to become a rainbow land with no threats or danger, you can walk around any parts of the map meet random people and you know in your mind that they cannot harm you at all is just plain out stupid. We are supposed to be living in a world where you shouldn't trust every single person you meet and be scared or at least suspicious of why that man is tagging along with you.
Have you ever seen a zombie movie where everyone is nice and friendly towards you? no, you see looters raiders rapists murderous thieves and much more.
What should be the question when said person is doing it, is his RP and the way he acts around you during the robbery, and only then go ahead and report not just ''ow he wanted my gun so he took it, better report''.

Edited by Eagle

Posted (edited)

Just some interesting data:

• As of writing this, 136 people have voted.
  • According to the homepage, 684 members have visited the site in the last week.
    • Not sure if this counts guests, and this number is much higher than the people that have played so for all arguments this is the absolute maximum amount of people that play on this server/currently care about it.
  • Given this, there was a participation rate of 0.1988.

Assuming everything stated above, this gives the poll a margin of error of:

Spoiler

f61b5f164d0ec6066c2c259fd9d1d35e.png

7.53%. Which means that due to the size of the sample compared to the population it could swing by 7.53%.

60.66% of participants chose option B. Factoring in the margin of error, this brings it to between (53.13, 68.19). Both of which contain the majority (50%).

Continuing on....

Let us simplify the poll a bit and assume that people would be just as likely to choose A as they would to choose B or C. In other terms, since B and C both include changing the rules and A is against it, we will assume 50% of participants will want a change and 50% will not to give us the following table:

a493014797a3030313f2d0c27d2c9957.png

The probability of the results of this happening assuming the community was actually evenly divided is less than a .001% chance.

So, what can we conclude from this? The poll is both an accurate representation of the population within about 7.5% which would not change the results and there is most certainly enough evidence that the majority of people would prefer a rule change over those who don't.

/r/TheyDidTheMath

And I had stat to study for, leave me be.

Edited by Dan

People would "realistically" start robbing day one, because shit hit the fan, hearing such things of people eating each other and killing each other in the north of your country is enough to drive alot of people mad, and full of fear people would act based of their survival instinct, Kill themselves or attack others for their stuff because they're scared they wont have enough that'd just be day one.
We're talking almost a year now, shit would still be just as bad, fear should be around every corner you don't go around expecting to have conversation with every person you should be scared they'll want what you have or worse they have horrible things in mind for you, you'd never know you have and should be paranoid of every individual you meet even if they seem chill. 
Hate to drag a TV show into but the group terminus from the TWD, they're eat other people and trick them into a false sense of security, that was a less then two years into the outbreak, in a country like America food was that scarce for them (sure it's a TV show) but it's quite a real standard people would've taken shit from others to survive even others lives to feed themselves.
I shouldn't have to due to the way hostilities are but i still don't trust anyone even my close friends because i know there's every possibility if shit really goes bad, why wouldn't even your friends turn their back on you for their own lives.
As for Cars they should be good for a few more years but Dayz standard likes De-syncing them into trees, posts, or anything it can get its hands on.

Just my opinion though guys but there's certainly more arguments for removal then against.

20 minutes ago, RpgPanda said:

People would "realistically" start robbing day one, because shit hit the fan, hearing such things of people eating each other and killing each other in the north of your country is enough to drive alot of people mad, and full of fear people would act based of their survival instinct, Kill themselves or attack others for their stuff because they're scared they wont have enough that'd just be day one.
We're talking almost a year now, shit would still be just as bad, fear should be around every corner you don't go around expecting to have conversation with every person you should be scared they'll want what you have or worse they have horrible things in mind for you, you'd never know you have and should be paranoid of every individual you meet even if they seem chill. 
Hate to drag a TV show into but the group terminus from the TWD, they're eat other people and trick them into a false sense of security, that was a less then two years into the outbreak, in a country like America food was that scarce for them (sure it's a TV show) but it's quite a real standard people would've taken shit from others to survive even others lives to feed themselves.
I shouldn't have to due to the way hostilities are but i still don't trust anyone even my close friends because i know there's every possibility if shit really goes bad, why wouldn't even your friends turn their back on you for their own lives.
As for Cars they should be good for a few more years but Dayz standard likes De-syncing them into trees, posts, or anything it can get its hands on.

Just my opinion though guys but there's certainly more arguments for removal then against.

Your right. If they hadnt of posted cops everywhere during sandy people would of started killing each other. Police were needed to prevent people from stealing resources and hurting one another over them.

Posted (edited)

This discussion needs to be kept alive, because from what I honestly think right now is that the staff is hoping that this will die down and people will forget all about it. That's just what I think though, ples no warning points. 77 people have voted to do something about it, so the staff should really  start looking into this.

Edited by Wunsleh

In all honesty, i don't like the rule that was put into place with the robberies. To me all that matters is the experience. If the experience is good...I am happy. No need to find super ultimate reasons to do initiations. Bring out more valuable RP rather than motive I say.

Edit: I will be bringing up this discussion again ASAP though as I am a firm supporter for this matter. I don't like the poll system as democracy in these matters doesnt mean its right...however the motive behind it is just imo.

Posted (edited)

New player here, but I'll toss in my two cents. I think the rules should be reverted to allow more room for hostile RP. Currently as it is, I have had little encounters with RP over the few days I've been playing. However what little I have had makes the scene feel a little less like a zombie outbreak and a little more like a sunday stroll through a slightly sketchy part of town. I'll continue RPing a cautious survivor who is weary of strangers, however it would be nice if there was a reason for my character to be cautious around strangers. As it stands I haven't felt like my character was ever any real danger of other players, even the ones I could tell wanted to rob me but couldn't due to OOC rules. 

To be taken with a grain of salt, as I said. I haven't had many encounters yet but there is my two cents. Also if anyone ever bumps into me in-game, feel free to try and hold me up or initiate on me. I'll appreciate the RP.

Edited by Sylus

This was a group of roleplayers new to the community, they probably had no hostile experience at all but managed to display quite a good hostile experience.

Roleplay goes both ways and these guys had the chance to steal all of my gear but decided not to and they maintained a good standard roleplay. They had no reason to initiate but this is the kind of stuff I would love to see in the community and that's why I did not report them.