Server time (UTC): 2020-10-26, 03:20
Sign in to follow this  
xXKraken

S1: Invalid Kill, Novy - 2018-04-20 18:40

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): 

Why the verdict is not fair: because they lied in some point

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: 

no shot at Novy Sobor, I saw him with his beautiful Fall and I decided to fire, 2 missed shots when he was on the deer stand, he fell and I think he broke his leg because he did not get up, he did not try to to raise his hands, crawled just to find a shelter but I was in a raised position at 800m from him, he not even noticed where I shot from, I followed the story of my character but if I was wrong in something I apologize, was since I hadn't someone in the scoope and I got caught up by emotion 

What would you like to achieve with this appeal:
The ban removing and being able to continue playing on your server

What could you have done better?:
start a dialogue and explain my unfriendly intentions

Edited by xXKraken

Please update your appeal with the template found below:

If you fail to update it within 24 hours the appeal will be closed. 

Hello @xXKraken!

Thank you for correcting your OP Post. Would you kindly detail your PoV from the situation that was reported here? As well as list off any allies and provide any/all Video Evidence you may have.

I have described all the situation from my P.O.V. unfotunatly I haven't video or screenshot about that, i always play alone at Dayz so i haven't friends or groups on your server, after i've killed him i saw another player maybe his frined.

this is what happened (the blue point is his friend)

situation.jpg

Edited by xXKraken

@xXKraken were you involved in any sort of firefight before shooting the man in the deer stand?

No, I've just look stary base and than i saw him 

5 hours ago, xXKraken said:

No, I've just look stary base and than i saw him 

What was your exact reasoning for shooting him?

for better equipment, I saw the fall and I did not think much, I got excited and I fired without thinking

Hello @xXKraken,

We have looked over your PoV for the following report and have come to the following conclusion regarding it. 

You directly state that you noticed @caelo_vorago standing in a Deer Stand while caelo_vorago is scouting the area for the source of heard gunshots. You state you spotted him toting a FAL and decided you’d like to acquire than weapon. You then, fire upon caelo_vorago as he climbs down from the Stand to submit, but sits instead. When attempting to raise his hands he is shot and killed by you. 

You state in your answer to Brady’s questions for the reason why you shot at caelo_Vorago that you shot and killed him “for better equipment, I saw the fall and I did not think much, I got excited and I fired without thinking.” 

Our community and server focuses on Role Play and we require all of our members to adhere to the following Rules when engaging in Hostile Actions against other players. You gain KoS - Kill Rights only for past hostilities for two hours after they have occurred, otherwise you must initiate on your victim and you cannot kill another player solely for the sake of gear. Here’s a quick reminder of said Rules.

6.3 All hostilities must focus on the role play experience of both attackers and victims. Both sides should actively participate and contribute to role play in all situations, any disputes or issues can be discussed and resolved afterwards.
6.3.1 As an attacker you may NOT:
- Attack other players just for the sake of gear by doing a quick robbery that involves little to no role play.

8.2 A player gains kill rights when a hostile action is taken against him or when his characters life is put directly at risk. These rights last for 2 hours after last contact with the aggressors and can only be used if their use does not conflict with any other rules like NLR or NVFL.

Besides that fact, you also performed what is known as a Combat Log. Since you killed caelo_vargo you are required to stay IG for a minimum of 30 mins after a Hostile Action has taken place and you have broken Line of Sight.You kill caelo_vorago at 19:45:25 but logged out at 20:04:59. That’s about 19 mins past from the time you killed him to the time you logged out as such you Combat Logged.

13.2 After a hostile action has occurred, you may only log out after a minimum of 30 minutes have passed since you broke the line of sight with those involved.

Because of these things, you have been found guilty of Invalid Kill and Combat Logging. Typically, Combat Logging would grant you a punishment of 3 day ban, 10 warning points and a Invalid Kill, 7 day ban, 10-15 warning points. But since we don’t stack punishments yours are as follows.

Outcome: 
Temp. Ban lifted.
Invalid Kill/Combat Logging - 7 Day Ban, 10 Warning Points. 

Signed, @Brayces, @Oisin, @Brady.