Server time (UTC): 2020-10-30, 23:44 HALLOWEEN SALE
Sign in to follow this  
Zanaan

A Reminder To All People's

Alan looks at his radio and sighs, his skin still red and agitated from the fourth bath straight, and picks up his radio before speaking in his normally hoarse voice

"Hi. It's me... Alan. You know that Anarchy guy with the gravely voice. Look... I'm not a good person but I'm not a bad person either... morally ambiguous I suppose. 

At any rate, I thought I'd take a little break from the ongoings in town to give a serious public service announcement avoidedto everyone listening, and no it's not about the gun licensing thing, though that still applies.

No this is about a little military base up North of Severograd. Just... don't go there. It's an irradiated mess to be avoided at all costs. Now most of you know this but apparently some don't... and others are fucking morons who think a gas mask will save them.

Allow me to explain. Earlier I was interrogating a nice man from what we believe is the corporation. He certainly fit the profile at least. On him he had a blood sample that he claims was from the base. He apparently went down into the mass graves there,  collected a sample then... well he just went about walking around like normal. He didn't change his clothes or anything.

In short the man was a walking biohazard possibly contaminating anyone he came into contact with, and God knows how many people that is.

But back to the subject at hand. Don't go there.  And if you know someone that has been there... kill them and burn the fucking body along with anything they came into contact with. Then burn your own clothing. Unless... you know... the idea of trying to survive cancer during this crap appeals to you"

He would set aside the radio then before looking out the window at everyone running about. 

Solus listened to the radio as she is eating zucchini, she stooped eating as she responded.

"What if the person is immune to the infection?" She asked as she let go of her PTT, she make a small smirk as she could go there without worry if being infected or any dangers to herself.

Alan looks at the radio with a dumbfounded expression before responding as usual

"Girl... you're fucking too stupid to comprehend. The infection has little to do with radiation. It's the radiation that will kill you and God knows I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I swear people don't listen"

He puts his radio down again before rubbing his temples.

"I'm not stupid, I was merely asking." She spoke as she muttered something. She spoke again. "Calling people stupid for just merely asking...seriously? We have not even meet...you don't know me. And I am saying that as general as we never meet in person."

Frank giggles to himself, his eye moving from the lantern infront of him to the radio. He picks it up, using his left hand as the right one is occupied with... other stuff, and speaks:

"This is Massachus - I'd love to see the person immune to radiation. To the public-announcer, is there any information on the radiation source? Over."

He then lowers the radio, and returns his look to the lantern.

Alan listens to the request for further information before responding as usual

"Source?... Not sure myself. Try asking UN or that Doc Hawk... I think they poked around there once."

He set the radio aside then. 

Hearing outside footsteps, Frank's thumb moves to flick the safety off, raising the firearm up to aim at the locked door - a precaution.

"This is Massachus. Full copy, does the UN maintain a camp nearby where one could contact them? Over."

He then lowers the radio, and focuses on the door.

Alan picks up the radio and responds still laughing

"Yea... no. Pretty sure that if they do that they are hiding. Doc Hawk may be your best bet"

He sets the radio back down then.

*Mark pushes in his PTT listening to what the man had said before talking*
Hey thanks for the warning, i've not been up in the area so i think i'll avoid it entirely now, i imagine the infected in the general area are like fucking bombs of radiation.
*Mark releases the PTT*

*Man using a voice changer speaks on the radio his voice sounds deep but calm*

Good Morning my name is Doctor April

The man you spoke of he is not dead though with minor radiation sickness and bullet wound curtesy of yourselves I believe and some bruising , but doctor white will live please refrain from such violence in the future it is unessessary and unwarranted we are not members of this corporation.

However the blood sample that you released from secure containment regardless of how it would look to simpletons is a highly dangerous sample .

I suggest you close of the building you released it in and speak to your local doctor if you have one 

Good day to you may we not have any further interactions stay away from us with your brutal ways 

*Takes his finger off the PTT switches off his voice changer and winces he moves his arm back to rest on his lap*

Edited by Elijah Johnson

Some Chernarussian-sounding guy replies. He does change his pitch a bit, though. 

<:: "I never was there, but it's clear this area is still a health hazard. Some big UN investigation took place there last year. But they hardly have a presence or "reach" here any longer. Pre-infection I served in a NBC unit. It might be in our best interest to assess the situation again and potentially seal or decontaminate the area from certain hazards, not necessarily radioactive ones, mind you. I will try to reach out West and see if this can be done.

I think only national or international entities like the state, WHO, UN, etc so far have the knowledge and materials to do that properly.  Despite current conflicts many groups might have here, in that particular case we should work together if official investigations or containment measures will resume. At least, not interfere with them. 

If I get news, I will share them here."

Click. 

*Nana gulped. She recognized this voice. He was one of the people from the other day. With a deep breath, she pressed down on the button.*

"Th... thank you for telling us this. I actually didn't know about the radiation... I'll try my best to avoid it, even if I don't really know where anything is here."

*Click.*

*Pavel sits upon a metal chair. He leans back, listening to the conversation unfold.  He adjusts his seat, leaning forward and pressing on the PTT*

"That place is a graveyard of the damned, buried in radiation and other contamination." 

*he coughs to clear his throat*

"I received a partial briefing about it months ago when those big military characters were still around. Even set foot in the place myself with a suit on until we realized it was radioactive, that's when we never went back. Burned and buried everything."

"Containing it is important. Shooting that man was necessary, what if he went walking into a populated town or camp? The whole area would have had to been abandoned. If you find anyone creeping around up there, especially without proper gear, shoot them. Save us all the trouble." 

*He releases the PTT*

Edited by -Chow-

*Grieves would grab his radio and stop to think a moment before speaking.*

The man who originally broadcasted on this frequency is correct. The area around that military base is highly irradiated. Please avoid this area for your own health.

*He would attempt to release the PTT but it's stuck. You would hear the radio being banged on something and Grieves swearing at it before the signal cuts out.*

*Nana gulps before pressing down on the PTT.*

"Is there anyway for someone who doesnt know this place or how to read the signs to tell if they're getting too close?... Also uh mister, I have a spare radio if you need a new one..."

*Click.*

*He chuckles a little bit before pressing down the PTT.*

Thanks for the offer, but I found a new radio. The damn button kept getting stuck on the last one. I'd rather not say exactly where it is because I don't want some dumb ass going looking for it. Just don't go North of Severograd.

*Releases the PTT.*

Edited by Mark

Sign in to follow this