Server time (UTC): 2020-10-28, 02:50
Sign in to follow this  
Eagle

Question regarding FF KOS

After the recent verdict, I am quite confused as to what is considered as an FF and what isn't, The facts that were brought forward where that no engagement was ongoing when we entered the compound no shots where firing when we where driving up, no corpses where found at the site and the place was empty but yet the verdict stated that the situation was an ongoing FF.
Would that mean if the Mountain Men attacked Novy and everything cools off from the situation and no one is still shooting but I scattered during the engagement and return 5-10 minutes later and blast a random person without a word, would I get hit with a lesser punishment then KOS since there had been some form of a quarrel in the area before?

Edited by Eagle

Yeah, I find that report to make no sense at all it looks like blatant KOS. If it was a firefight why wasn't additional logs pulled in to prove this? 

Also was there any other connection logs

The accused connects here at this time 01:47:49 | Player "Dimon Andonov" is connected. 

Panda then dies at this time  01:53:53 | Player "Hondo Hunt" has been killed by player "Dimon Andonov"

He claims it was a firefight at his camp assuming he means green mountain that's a very quick firefight. 

Can we get an explanation on this?

Also If there was an ongoing hostile situation why did he log in to it? 

Edited by LouieRP

Like Louie stated above, why would he log in during the "Active" situation if he was at Green Mountain?

bc985640260348a53b1b7db425ea54ce.png

It's interesting to look at this actually.

01:47:49 | Player "Dimon Andonov" is connected
01:53:53 | "Dimon Andonov SHOT Hondo Hunt by ShotgunMp133 into head."

ten minutes before I killed you we were engaged in a firefight

Must have been a quick firefight. 

It seems he logged into the situation. And glancing over the report it looks like a KOS. They should have pulled more logs for the other kills to determine the time frame between people being shot and the OP of that report dying, not sure why they didn't do that.

Perhaps @Brayces can answer that for us.

Edited by Jamie

4 minutes ago, Jamie said:

It's interesting to look at this actually.

01:47:49 | Player "Dimon Andonov" is connected
01:53:53 | "Dimon Andonov SHOT Hondo Hunt by ShotgunMp133 into head."

Must have been a quick firefight. 

It seems he logged into the situation. And glancing over the report it looks like a KOS. They should have pulled more logs for the other kills to determine the time frame between people being shot and the OP of that report dying, not sure why they didn't do that.

Perhaps @Brayces can answer that for us.

That was my understanding of the case at hand but I was very confused when that judgment was passed without a proper investigation being put forth.

Just now, Eagle said:

That was my understanding of the case at hand but I was very confused when that judgment was passed without a proper investigation being put forth.

Agreed. There is a potential case here for ghosting, lying in a report (He clearly didn't engage 10 mins prior in a firefight) and potentially an invalid punishment of FF KOS. This report was handled poorly from what I can see.

First of all I addressed some of this in Eagles feedback to me on my feedback thread so if you would like to see that it is here. Continuing, you guys are right we should have pulled more logs for the situation but sadly mistakes happen. We are working with admins to get this overturned. From what we understood from the POVs given, his group was initiated on at green mountain, and then they went south. He went looking for them where he found Panda and the rest of them, to us it seemed just as a simple mid-id. Now that you bring this all up, we could have gone into a little more investigating, pulled more logs, calling in more people but it just flew over all of our heads. 

2 hours ago, Eagle said:

Would that mean if the Mountain Men attacked Novy and everything cools off from the situation and no one is still shooting but I scattered during the engagement and return 5-10 minutes later and blast a random person without a word, would I get hit with a lesser punishment then KOS since there had been some form of a quarrel in the area before?

The difference between what you describe here and what was in the verdict, to us atleast, is that in the report the POVs made it seem like the initiation had just happened and the situation was still on going. Invalid Kill - firefight only applies to when a firefight is still going on, and as stated before we determined from the POVs that it was. If it happened that a situation had just cooled off, and the firefight was over with then obviously the verdict would be different.

As I stated in the feedback, mistakes were made and we are working on correcting them. If you have any further questions come to us in teamspeak or on forum.

13 minutes ago, Brady said:

The difference between what you describe here and what was in the verdict, to us atleast, is that in the report the POVs made it seem like the initiation had just happened and the situation was still on going. Invalid Kill - firefight only applies to when a firefight is still going on, and as stated before we determined from the POVs that it was. If it happened that a situation had just cooled off, and the firefight was over with then obviously the verdict would be different.

As I stated in the feedback, mistakes were made and we are working on correcting them. If you have any further questions come to us in teamspeak or on forum.

Well, that's the issue there were no shots in the area no dead bodies and he shoots panda 5 minutes later after he was made aware of the fight making it a none active situation. He was even standing still right next to the gate near the trunk of his car which is something no one would do during an active fight.
An active firefight is when shots are still being fired or people are still dying, you cannot just say it's an active fight when nothing is happening.

Edited by Eagle

6 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Well, that's the issue there were no shots in the area no dead bodies and he shoots panda 5 minutes later after he was made aware of the fight making it a none active situation. He was even standing still right next to the gate near the trunk of his car which is something no one would do during an active fight.
An active firefight is when shots are still being fired or people are still dying, you cannot just say it's an active fight when nothing is happening.

We are in the works as you speak for this report. We have the admins on the situation and are explaining the situation and what went wrong. You know also Eagle that firefights have pause periods, sometimes they can last 10 mins without a single being shot. Again, its being corrected and doing all we can. Cant give to much details purely because the new verdict isnt out yet but we are fixing it ASAP. Just give us some time to correct our errors.

8 minutes ago, Stagsview said:

-snip-

Ano but even then if no one is aware of a fight would that allow what I asked originally?

2 hours ago, Eagle said:

Edited by Eagle

5 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Ano but even then if no one is aware of a fight would that allow what I asked originally? with ofc lesser punishment.

By your statement that you originally stated. If the mountain men attacked novy and you managed to get around the situation you need to take into acount a few actions:

First novy is a hotspot, you know for a fact lots of people are in that area so a chance of a randomer being there is quiet high. This is why we state ID your targets. If you miss-id a randomer for a mountain man member it would be Mis-ID yes. But if continued behavior from you or a possible group doing this type of reckless shooting will result in admins/gms discussing this gameplay mentality and could lead to harsher punishments. So as you state it would be Mis-ID firefight KOS, but it always depends on the situation and the context behind it. Hope that helps clear your answer. 

We also take into account firefight pauses, as i stated earlier, firefights do have periods of silence as people change positions or are trying to get the angles on others. Ive known myself for firefights to last nearly 2 hours between groups and have up to 20-30 mins of silence between them.