Server time (UTC): 2020-10-26, 10:52
Sign in to follow this  
Zanaan

Question about group KoS

Quick question about group KoS rights. So if Group A initates on Group B, it is understood that all members of Group B gain KoS on Group A that are involved, but what about those that aren't.

Let's say that Anarchy initiates on the Mountain Men in Cherno, and I'm in Novy. Would any mountain men around novy then gain KoS on me, even though I'm not involved in the situation? Asking only because this came up in TS around a week or so ago as a hypothetical and there was confusion on the rule, and decided to make a question thread about it.

From what I understand is, that anyone that gains KOS gains it on all of the members of the group no matter who was involved.

Edit: Figured this out, I believe i read the question wrong.

Based on the rules below:

78b765b8b7583450ff7bb82830c90be8.png

307e6713f09e415784af79be53846004.png

They would need to re-initiate on you because you were not there, and not involved with the initial initiation against the Mountain men. If however, there was a war declared because of the situation, they could KOS you. That is the only situation in which instant KOS could be applied and they would have to wait 24 hrs before they could KOS you anyhow.

Edited by Taryn
Mistakes were made.

If three members of Anarchy initiate on the Mountain Men, the all members Mountain Men gain kill rights on the initiators, not other members of Anarchy. 

• 8.2 A player gains kill rights when a hostile action is taken against him or when his characters life is put directly at risk. These rights last for 2 hours after last contact with the aggressors and can only be used if their use does not conflict with any other rules like NLR or NVFL.

The victim gains kill rights on the initiators, but not the entire group. The initiators commit the hostile action, not all of Anarchy. I would argue that the Mountain Men have every right to initiate on you, but the only people they have kill rights on are the initiators.

I know for certain you would gain kill rights on them, however they would have no kill rights on you, if i understand your scenario correctly. You were not involved in the situation but retain kill rights on those in the situation due to being a member of an official group. @Taryn's explanation is pretty accurate IMO. 

1 hour ago, Whitename said:

If three members of Anarchy initiate on the Mountain Men, the all members Mountain Men gain kill rights on the initiators, not other members of Anarchy. 

The victim gains kill rights on the initiators, but not the entire group. The initiators commit the hostile action, not all of Anarchy. I would argue that the Mountain Men have every right to initiate on you, but the only people they have kill rights on are the initiators.

That's the old system though right? 

SmartSelect_20180424-003816_Chrome.jpg

4 minutes ago, Major said:

-snip-

This is to say that If i initiate on you, your entire group gains kill rights on me.

1: You do not gain kill rights on my entire group , unless they were there, Just me.

2: I do not gain kill rights on your entire group (Unless they come to save you, guns blazing), just you if you don't comply or if you grant me execution rights.

3: Your kill rights (and the rights of those involved) do not expire for 2 hours. If you reunite with your friends in that time, find me and kill me within that time, it is valid.

otherwise, your group does not have kill rights on my group, unless you declare war or re-initiate each time you find us.

To my knowledge, it states that group KOS is shared-

Say I'm in Group A, and I initiate on a member of Group B, Group B retaliates and kills me. That give's kill rights to Group A on Group B and vice versa, no?

9 minutes ago, Taryn said:

This is to say that If i initiate on you, your entire group gains kill rights on me.

1: You do not gain kill rights on my entire group , unless they were there, Just me.

2: I do not gain kill rights on your entire group (Unless they come to save you, guns blazing), just you if you don't comply or if you grant me execution rights.

3: Your kill rights (and the rights of those involved) do not expire for 2 hours. If you reunite with your friends in that time, find me and kill me within that time, it is valid.

otherwise, your group does not have kill rights on my group, unless you declare war or re-initiate each time you find us.

With approved groups, the rules state different you can even be logging in from my understanding and still have rights on the group you just attacked. If they're just a bunch of randos then no rights are shared expect on that single person who didn't comply right?

Edited by Eagle
fixing stuff

1 minute ago, Eagle said:

With approved groups, the rules state different you can even be logged out from my understanding and still have rights on the group you just attacked. If they're just a bunch of randos then no rights are shared expect on that single person who didn't comply right?

If i'm understanding you're saying:

I initiate on Jhon, Execute him, he tells Anarchy. Anarchy can hunt me (even if they weren't online at the time you died).

If that's the case, yes, that is right.

5 minutes ago, LemonRP said:

To my knowledge, it states that group KOS is shared-

Say I'm in Group A, and I initiate on a member of Group B, Group B retaliates and kills me. That give's kill rights to Group A on Group B and vice versa, no?

Yes, but KOS isn't applicable unless the second part of your scenario happens. Then, kill rights wouldn't be valid against the whole group, only those present when the revenge was sought. Unless war is declared, there is no free for all KOS on people who weren't involved in the situation without re-initiation. 

2 minutes ago, Taryn said:

If i'm understanding you're saying:

I initiate on Jhon, Execute him, he tells Anarchy. Anarchy can hunt me (even if they weren't online at the time you died).

If that's the case, yes, that is right.

Yes, but KOS isn't applicable unless the second part of your scenario happens. Then, kill rights wouldn't be valid against the whole group, only those present when the revenge was sought. Unless war is declared, there is no free for all KOS on people who weren't involved in the situation without re-initiation. 

Ment to be logging in sorry quite tired atm. Was trying to get to the point of groups being KOSable at all times during the 2 hours if confirmed by each side.
Would there be a required secondary initiation on those that are found around the compound that are confirmed enemies from each side? or could they be blasted on suspicion of assisting the enemy? since both approved groups have confirmed whos who.

2 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Ment to be logging in sorry quite tired atm. Was trying to get to the point of groups being KOSable at all times during the 2 hours if confirmed by each side.
Would there be a required secondary initiation on those that are found around the compound that are confirmed enemies from each side? or could they be blasted on suspicion of assisting the enemy? since both approved groups have confirmed whos who.

KOS cannot happen on an entire group unless the entire group was witnessed and confirmed to be a part of a hostile situation less than 2 hours prior OR in the case that a war has been agreed upon by the leaders of BOTH groups more than 24 hours prior. 

Those are the only situations that it would be applicable, according to the rules.