Server time (UTC): 2020-10-26, 04:35
Sign in to follow this  
caelo_vorago

Medical aid needed

Caelo coughs heavily, grunting loudly once the coughing fit is over. He holds his side, biting back the tears of pain. He manages to fish his radio out from his vest.

"This is... C-caelo..."

He coughs into the receiver before clicking off the PTT, then he clicks it again.

"Vorago... I am injured pretty bad... Some sniper took a shot at me... Hit my plate carrier... I-I think I have some broken ribs..."

He drops the radio as a surge of pain washes over his side, making him cry out. The sound of an infected clawing at the door makes him shudder.

He picks up the radio again, speaking once more, his breath shaky as he holds back the panic.

"I need medical aide... I am in Top... Toploniki...? Across the street from the... Store... I have some items to give f-for payment... Please... help a trader..."

The sound of a handgun going off and wood splintering; then Caelo saying please one last time is the final sound to emenate from the radio.

Caelo slumps against the wall in the house, harshly kicking a wedge of wood under the door to jam it.

He wheezed as he pulled his radio out of his vest again, clicking the PTT.

"This is Caelo again... Fuck... I was pushed out of the house for a while because a dead managed to push the door open and get in... But i was able to get back in and secure the door better..."

He coughed harshly once again, gripping his side as he closes his eyes tightly.

"If anyone is out there... I need help... My plate carrier didn't stop the bullet... I have fragments in me still..."

He punches the floor as another surge of pain comes over him, his muscle tensing up. Once it passes he continues speaking.

"You can contact me on my frequency of 165.2... Again... I-I can pay for the help..."

His voice more steady, with clear, deep breaths and the occasional stammer from pain. Caelo speaks again over the radio.

"I... I got morphine in my system thanks to a nice woman... and a man was able to get me a saline IV going... But, I... still need someone with medical experience... There's still fragments in my chest... Not too deep... I'm not coughing up blood... so lungs are fine... I think..."

He bites his lip harshly as he shifts, feeling something solid inside his chest shift, pain coursing through him.

"Again... I'm in Toplinki... Across... from the store... Radio frequency 165.2..."

Nico is searching for medical supplies in a building as he hears a voice speaking trough the radio.

Nico shifts his gaze to his radio, realising the man needs medical attention or the man might die.

Nico unclips the radio from his belt, presses the PTT button and starts to speak.

"This is Dr. Van Beek. Can you tell me your position? Are you able to move yourself? Over."

Nico releases the button listening for the survivor to respond.

Edited by jasperschellekens2
Grammar

*Anna picks up her radio and presses the PTT*

”Doctor, when I found him he was in house located on Southeast side of Topolniki.  He was in lot of pain and couldn’t move.  The only thing I could do for him was give him morphine and try to find medical assistance.  Unfortunately, I wasn’t successful.  I hope you are able to find him before it’s too late.”

*Anna releases the PTT*

Edited by Darra

*Fletch hears the doctors familiar voice, and quickly grabs his radio to respond*

"You stay the fuck away from him okay bitch?"

Edited by TheElderTurtle

*Anna presses the button*

”If you knew me, which you obviously don’t, you’d know I am not a bitch.”

*Anna shakes her head and tosses the radio in her backpack*

*Fletch facepalms before picking up the radio*

"I apologise. I didn't mean that towards you. It was directed at the doctor, he's crazy. He shot me and he can't be trusted."

Edited by TheElderTurtle

*Anna removes the radio from her backpack and presses the button*

“Well, since I was the last to speak, and you did say bitch you can understand why I misunderstood.”

”Hopefully, the man was able to get help and move to a new location.”

*Anna places the radio back in her backpack*

Edited by Darra

Nico listens to the radio as he tries to think who this person is. Nico scratches his left cheeck when he Suddenly remembers the voice of the man speaking trough the radio.

Nico presses the PTT:

"oh Its you... the crazy man robbing around. How is your friend who attempted to murder both of us? He has some real isseus! We both know why i was forced to shoot you and your friend. Now i am going to help this man, do not interfere or you'll get shot again!"

You would hear a brief static noise before Nico starts talking again.

"You might have spared him some pain giving him some morphine. A small medical team is enroute to his last known location. "

Nico releases the PTT button clipping the radio on his belt.

*Fletch grabs the radio quickly*

"You're no doctor, you're fucking insane. We were trying to be your friends, we offered for you to come and visit our home with us and you fucking shot me?

I can imagine what your version of helping him is... I bet you can't wait to hit him with a .45 like you did to me.

I already gave him saline and I can take him to see a doctor too.

Fuck off."

*Fletch lowers the radio slowly*

Edited by TheElderTurtle

Nicholas keys his PTT, frowning as it fails to work initially. He slaps it a few times, before keying the PTT once more, hearing the chirp to signal that he's transmitting.

"Oi, Vorago, you still kicking about? How's your chest feel? Better without those fragments in it? Sorry I had to dip so quickly, caught the Cholera. Lemme know if you need someone to take a look at those ribs, yeah? Stay safe, y' old bastard."

He releases the PTT, frowning and muttering to himself, "Gotta get a new radio. And find my rifle again." As he starts moving, the radio stops transmitting, the PTT with it's worn out button finally coming unstuck.

*Shifted into an upward position after falling asleep, grunting softly as he presses the morphine auto-injector into his arm.*

"I... am doing better... morphine doses are keeping me sane. I had to push to a new building after I got a gun to my face from some local..."

*He coughs softly before forcing himself to drink some water from one of his bottles*

"Thanks to the people who helped me, and the ones who attempted to help. I'm probably gonna try moving out of town in a few hours when I'm fully awake..."

Sign in to follow this