Server time (UTC): 2020-10-30, 09:42 HALLOWEEN SALE
Sign in to follow this  
Dimitri

Bring back profile views counter?

Bring back profile views counter?  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As you might have noticed the profile views counter was recently removed for reasons i dont know. The counter didnt cause any harm and couldnt have much effect on the performance of the site. 

I really liked the idea of the profile view counter and honeslty miss seeing how many had seen my beautiful profile. Now when i look at profiles to see who have checked it resently it looks weird with the black/grey box above the recent visitors.

Looks plain now since its been there as long as i can remeber.

Pls Rolle

Hope this helps regarding the reason they were taken away. 

Why not like

I want it back, it looked nice, looks so bare now! 

I believe it was a beautiful error to have on our profiles IMO.

Edited by Lady In Blue

You mean the "how many times you clicked f5" button? 

I don't really care about them, it doesn't add anything special. 

I'm guessing it was removed to prevent competition over popularity, or something? Probably

46 minutes ago, Whitename said:

I'm guessing it was removed to prevent competition over popularity, or something? Probably

That's what I'm also thinking.

I don't think it did any harm, people didn't brag about it on their status updates or provoked those with fewer profile views. :D 

As for competition and popularity, there is a game on the forums here where people place their ratings on popularity and "fame" so what is the big deal?

I think having a profile counter was interesting, no harm was caused by it.

As for F5, why not have it so that viewing your own profile doesn't count towards the overall view count?

Edited by Lady In Blue

Who needs more "popularity contests" ? Don't mind having it but don't need it honestly...

25 minutes ago, Lady In Blue said:

As for F5, why not have it so that viewing your own profile doesn't count towards the overall view count?

What's to stop you from asking a friend to F5 spam your profile even if you restrict that one thing?

1 minute ago, Majoo said:

Who needs more "popularity contests" ? Don't mind having it but don't need it honestly...

What's to stop you from asking a friend to F5 spam your profile even if you restrict that one thing?

Nothing but does it really matter like? I don't see the harm in it, its not like youll get insulted for having shit profile views?

Some people like it, some don't

Just now, Majoo said:

-✂-

Sounds like a lot of effort IMO. 

1 minute ago, Oisin said:

-✂-

+1 To everything that was said here.

2 minutes ago, Oisin said:

Nothing but does it really matter like? I don't see the harm in it, its not like youll get insulted for having shit profile views?

Some people like it, some don't

I said 

5 minutes ago, Majoo said:

Don't mind having it but don't need it honestly...

It's not like i'm purely against it and saying "FUCK NO" :) 

I never even noticed the profile view counter to be honest. So it being gone doesn’t really effect my daily life on the forums. 

Well! If it makes some people feel good to have their profiles seen, then all the more power to them! I hope this can get sorted properly!

/closed as requested by OP.