Server time (UTC): 2020-10-28, 16:34
Sign in to follow this  
Samaritan

What do you collect?

Hello all,

After a recent discussion I was curious about what people in this community collect (as a hobby). I collect watches, unusual ones. My collection is by no means extensive but I have about 20 which includes a 125yr old pocket watch that still works perfectly.

Samaritan.

I collect Matryoshka doll's (Which I grew up calling babushkas because thats what my grandma called them) I've got about 30ish different ones right now that used to belong to my grandmother and were passed down to me when she died. My favorite one is actually about a foot tall at the largest and the smallest one inside is literally a grain of rice with the tiny details painted on them. Im still waiting to have them looked at properly to find out the ages but I know a few are hand painted and one of a kind.

I also have a growing collection of porcine dolls, most again having belonged to my grandmother before she passed, one of which has been passed through my family for about 4 or 5 generations now I believe.

Now that I think on this I actually do have a collection, which atm is in a box. I really should set it up again, but anyway.

Back when I was little I use to love these toys called The Littlest Pet Shop. Not the new ones with the overtly huge eyes and heads, I am talking about the ones back in the 90s and later. They had like series of them and I had to have them all.

There was this specific one, that was called sea world that had each like animal display separate. Like a dolphin, an Orca, and so on. But you could like connect them all together into one big like sea world thing. There was some others that I remember, like a hamster cage that had the wheel in it and the feeding thing and the connecting tunnels to other cages. I no longer collect them, as the new ones are IMO silly and not fun...with their huge heads and eyes. 

But the old ones I could see myself maybe looking for some of the ones I dont have and finishing the collection. ^_^ 

Just now, Aiko said:

Now that I think on this I actually do have a collection, which atm is in a box. I really should set it up again, but anyway.

Back when I was little I use to love these toys called The Littlest Pet Shop. Not the new ones with the overtly huge eyes and heads, I am talking about the ones back in the 90s and later. They had like series of them and I had to have them all.

There was this specific one, that was called see world that had each like animal display separate. Like a dolphin, an Orca, and so on. But you could like connect them all together into one big like sea world thing. There was some others that I remember, like a hamster cage that had the wheel in it and the feeding thing and the connecting tunnels to other cages. I no longer collect them, as the new ones are IMO silly and not fun...with their huge heads and eyes. 

But the old ones I could see myself maybe looking for some of the ones I dont have and finishing the collection. ^_^ 

The new ones are creepy looking imo, and now your making me think of all the collections I have at my dads place. I had a obsession with LPS but Im pretty sure I gave all of mine to my god kids. Also check ebay, thats how I got some of the ones I was missing.

2 minutes ago, Karma said:

The new ones are creepy looking imo, and now your making me think of all the collections I have at my dads place. I had a obsession with LPS but Im pretty sure I gave all of mine to my god kids. Also check ebay, thats how I got some of the ones I was missing.

OMG I was obsessed too! I had this shelf in my room where it kind of like wrapped around above my room. An I would set all of them up in a specific order. I really loved the sea world one, was like my favorite. I also liked the mouse one, it had like a maze in the lid of the cage. An you would use this magnet to make it go through the maze. *Sigh*

I am so glad I kept them tbh, I should look through my box and see which I am missing. >.> I probably will be missing a few seeing as I played wayyyy to much with them.

1 minute ago, Aiko said:

OMG I was obsessed too! I had this shelf in my room where it kind of like wrapped around above my room. An I would set all of them up in a specific order. I really loved the sea world one, was like my favorite. I also liked the mouse one, it had like a maze in the lid of the cage. An you would use this magnet to make it go through the maze. *Sigh*

I am so glad I kept them tbh, I should look through my box and see which I am missing. >.> I probably will be missing a few seeing as I played wayyyy to much with them.

My dads actually moving soon so Ill be able to go through what he calls the shed of horrors. Mostly because it contains all the old crap I had before I moved out that I just never got around to going and picking up.

God knows how many old furbys and shit are in there.

Used to collect warhammer 40k figures. Also we can never forget about Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh cards!!!! [I have hundreds upon hundreds] *thumbs up* ;) 

Toenails. ;)

I collect Metallica merchandise, so far I have all the albums including the remastered versions and soon will be getting my own James hetfield Signature ESP Explorer! 

Internet tears from unfairly treated and permabanned players. 

@Rolle

Sorry that doesnt count pick something else you cheater.

21 minutes ago, Rolle said:

Internet tears from unfairly treated and permabanned players. 

donations*

Sharp objects. Tomahawk, balisongs, karambits and all the other fancy knives/axes :D

I've gone through a few phases of collections.

What initially got me into collecting at all, was the passed down collection of Asterix comics from my father. However, since then I have started two of my own collections. Firstly was my "Country Artists" figurine collection. More specifically, I collected their bird models...what a surprise, amirite?

Here's a picture of the one which started my collection (Male Bullfinch):

Spoiler

GT4zX2Y.jpg

However, as of recently - I've also started collecting ties...also bird related generally lmao.
This one is my favourite:

Spoiler

SspQKAp.jpg

All the more backing evidence that I'm actually just a miserable old man... sigh

Edited by ferocious beast

Sovjet medals and NES and SNES games. :)

tears of non chernarussians

I collect money and I'm not very good at it...

I collect vintage signs for my man-cave. Also collect any pool hall items for my pool table area. I have a nice collection of knifes I like to collect as well !

Madness as I gave all my Sanity Points for stuffed toys at Ray'leh

I collect all and anything Bioshock.

• I got 4 books
  • 7 pop funkos
  •  handmade salts vigor
  • the badge/pins
  • the bird choker
  • the key, the figurines
  • big sister/Burial at sea elizabeth/ 1st dress elizabeth/ booker dewitt cosplays.
  • 4 t-shirts
  • the games on xbox 360 and PC (including remastered versions)

I also want a tattoo. I'm trying to get a skyline hook. 

Whitenames hearts.

Just now, Lady In Blue said:

Whitenames hearts.

I'm not a whitename.

2 minutes ago, Dom Is Dead said:

-✂-

I also collect the hearts of whiteknights and juicers, sorry Dom. 

I added.

Edited by Lady In Blue