Server time (UTC): 2020-10-31, 15:33 HALLOWEEN SALE
Sign in to follow this  
Imperial Japan

Large Amounts of Desync

Having playing the server a little bit i have been getting desync/rubber-banding really often. My ping is relativity low (Usually around 100) but I am experiencing the same lag i would as if i was on 600ping. Anyone got any solutions?

Though the server does have it's own desync issues... It is also because of the location. If you're American(like myself), good luck. The server rubber bands often, and it makes driving almost impossible.

So yes, it is a laggy server, but not much can be done client-side other than buying a monster PC to fight the client-side issues(fps lag/memory leeks) to combat the server side desync.. Even then, it will still be laggy.

Yeah the server has seemed to be ten times worse than a few months ago.

I literally desync so much now it's not even funny... 

23 minutes ago, Imperial Japan said:

Having playing the server a little bit i have been getting desync/rubber-banding really often. My ping is relativity low (Usually around 100) but I am experiencing the same lag i would as if i was on 600ping. Anyone got any solutions?

18 minutes ago, Mademoiselle said:

Yeah the server has seemed to be ten times worse than a few months ago.

I literally desync so much now it's not even funny... 

19 minutes ago, LemonRP said:

Though the server does have it's own desync issues... It is also because of the location. If you're American(like myself), good luck. The server rubber bands often, and it makes driving almost impossible.

So yes, it is a laggy server, but not much can be done client-side other than buying a monster PC to fight the client-side issues(fps lag/memory leeks) to combat the server side desync.. Even then, it will still be laggy.

I've been experiencing the same issues as well. If you ask me, it's the fault of the server host, GamingDeluxe. The only things to suggest to solve lag issues is to turn off other bandwidth-heavy devices, and prioritise your computer's network traffic in your home as the top priority. To do this,

If you know your routers password (this is different than your wifi password and you'll likely need to google the default password for your model), enter 192.168.1.1 into your browser and enter it there. The GUI for each router is quite different. But you should find a tab labeled "QoS" or "Quality of Service" under an Advanced tab, likely. Find your computer on that list and set it to highest priority. This should mitigate some of the lag issues, but if everybody is experiencing lag, there's not a whole lot to do. 

Edited by Whitename

Hello @Imperial Japan

Whenever I have problems with DESYNC or rubber-banding, I usually play around with the configuration for DayZ before putting in the password for DayZRP. You could try and switch everything to low settings and enable or disable V-Sync.

DDD.png.d74b9f742bf56bccb1b7ad313eae0258.png

You could also verify the integrity of game files in DayZ - Properties on Steam, see if this helps.

Unfortunately, I can't guarantee that any of these methods will work, it could be the server itself, nothing on your end. When I had to deal with DESYNC and rubber-banding, these methods did suffice for me personally. 

poo.png.a2ec7da40d084614cd06ff71d9534bc3.png

Edited by Lady In Blue

The server has had many destabilizing issues lately and desync issues. It's nothing on your end, it's the server my guy.

Relogging sometimes fixes it but changing your config won't help anything and neither will verifying your files.

Edited by ExoticRP

9 minutes ago, ExoticRP said:

-✂-

One of your friends told me this method, it did help me out a lot. :)

Guess it isn't for everyone, but hey! No harm in trying, am I right?

Edited by Lady In Blue

2 minutes ago, Lady In Blue said:

One of your friends told me this method, it did help me out a lot. :)

Guess it isn't for everyone. 

You use the method you outlined to deal with personal lag not server-side lag.

They might have not made that clear.

The desync is all server sided, so there is nothing really you can do about it like exotic said above.

2 hours ago, Whitename said:

I've been experiencing the same issues as well. If you ask me, it's the fault of the server host, GamingDeluxe. The only things to suggest to solve lag issues is to turn off other bandwidth-heavy devices, and prioritise your computer's network traffic in your home as the top priority. To do this,

If you know your routers password (this is different than your wifi password and you'll likely need to google the default password for your model), enter 192.168.1.1 into your browser and enter it there. The GUI for each router is quite different. But you should find a tab labeled "QoS" or "Quality of Service" under an Advanced tab, likely. Find your computer on that list and set it to highest priority. This should mitigate some of the lag issues, but if everybody is experiencing lag, there's not a whole lot to do. 

After fiddling around in my router settings its significantly reduced to desync. Thanks everyone for your help.

3 hours ago, Imperial Japan said:

After fiddling around in my router settings its significantly reduced to desync. Thanks everyone for your help.

Glad we can help