Server time: 2017-10-19, 23:24
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Pixel

Dayz Standalone thoughts

Just wondering but do you think once the stand alone comes out, dayzrp.com will set up servers for it specifically for role playing.

Guest Grumby   
Guest Grumby

It will probably be the only server I play on

Guest Alfie   
Guest Alfie

*Jumps in excitement* RP plus stand alone will be awesome ;D!

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

Do you think there will be a map editor?

Proxzor    3

I hope they will let people host their own servers at the start, I think I recall them saying that they won't though...

Rolo    0

DayZ StandAlone + DayZRP = No Sleep And Rolo Can Die Happy.

Standalone won't support modding initially though, so we will have to make do with whatever loot tables and functionality is in the vanilla version of Standalone (for instance, vehicles won't be in the game at the initial release).

Standalone won't support modding initially though, so we will have to make do with whatever loot tables and functionality is in the vanilla version of Standalone (for instance, vehicles won't be in the game at the initial release).

Or maybe we'll just keep playing the mod if we feel like playing DayZRP.

DORNER    0

Ill only buy the standalone if there is a DayZRP server

I will still buy it, but if there is no RP type server, then the servers will just end up being kill on sight like the current DayZ. Is there a date/timescale for the standalone? Ever since it was pushed back I don't know anything.

Ill only buy the standalone if there is a DayZRP server

You are going to be waiting a while then.

I will still buy it, but if there is no RP type server, then the servers will just end up being kill on sight like the current DayZ. Is there a date/timescale for the standalone? Ever since it was pushed back I don't know anything.

Yep, there is, kindof: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/DayZ-Standalone-Public-Alpha-Release-Set-June-55098.html

Alpha testing may begin in June. They are creating a new client-server architecture, and that is no small task. If the new architecture is deemed good enough they will start alpha testing. The article says it is a public alpha testing, but I have heard other accounts (namely the streamer Sacriel, who spent like three days with the standalone project lead during PAX) claiming that it is a closed alpha and that the first batch of testers will mainly consist of big youtubers and streamers. And hey, it's an alpha so it'll probably be really buggy at first (i.e. not really playable/enjoyable).

Vehicles won't be included until about 4 months after alpha testing has begun, i.e. at earliest in september. Base building not until the end of the year. If the alpha is delayed then I guess everything else is delayed as well.

Sorry, my mistake. Didn't realise it was that old, doesn't time fly.

Symmetrical    1

I actually think that the SA wont be successful as the mod itself, especially when talking about RP, the mod has so much to offer and RP takes the best of it, weapons skins, vehicles and much more, i think that when the standalone will be released and RP servers will be opened on it, I will keep playing RP on the mod, that of-course if it will still exist.

Guest neom   
Guest neom

All server will be run by them themselfs prob be a few months till they sell private servers, but you never know stand alone might be terrible