Jump to content
Server time (UTC): 2020-10-27, 23:19
Sign in to follow this  
Zanaan

Reports and Radio Chatter

Recommended Posts

Just a quick question for @Rolle and the rest of the admin, but I thought, in past reports, that it was stated that the report section was for ingame rulebreaks, and that things such as rulebreaks in radio chatter were to be addressed with the report post function on the forum. Is this still the case, or are we able to report for rulebreaks on the forum and on radio chatter now as well?

Share this post


Link to post

If any metagaming/rule-breaks are made evident in IC radio chatter posts, then the relevant IG event can be reported normally. When a post revealing metagaming is reported via forum, nothing can be done about it, as the actual metagaming happened in game...

If you're asking about if someone metagames something on a radio post and said metagaming didn't, or hasn't yet affected anything in game. Then it would be the same thing, if anyone's actions stem from IG actions or create an effect IG, then it's a formal IG report.

Simply put, if it has a connection to in-game roleplay, then an in-game report should be made as usual with all the evidence you have.

(I just said IG way too many times...)

Share this post


Link to post

@Harvey - That was way to confusing. Is there any way you could explain it in simpler terms or use examples cause everything you tried to say definitely went soaring Waaaaaaaaay over my head. :(

Share this post


Link to post

Basically, in the end. From what I understand @Harvey said basically:

 

If it affects something IN-GAME, then it can be used as evidence in the IN-GAME meta-gaming report.

How I read his answer was that just because it's said in the radio forum, doesn't inherently make it meta-gaming until it affects in-game stuff.

 

I am not staff of any kind so I may or may not be wrong to any degree

Share this post


Link to post

Here's the report in the past closed because of a similar scenario where it involved someone reporting about a response in radio chatter

 

https://www.dayzrp.com/forums/topic/80531-forums-metagaming/?tab=comments#comment-1474493

Share this post


Link to post

We used to just remove the posts that were considered metagamed information and they would receive points. Not sure why this an official report since any info that is metagamed through such posts effects IG.

Share this post


Link to post

@Psycho Apologies if it was difficult to understand.

To put it in simpler terms, If there is an instance of metagaming in a radio post, it must be reported with an in game report as it will have, or has the potential to affect in game roleplay.

Any rulebreak that is in any way linked to roleplay on the server must be reported the same way.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Harvey said:

-snip-

 

So you changed the way they're handled? Because those used to just receive points.

Share this post


Link to post

@Eagle Im not aware of any change so I cannot clarify that, perhaps because of my (in comparison) short time in staff.

Either way, I confirmed this with an admin, so it is the correct procedure, regardless of the change.

Share this post


Link to post

Hello,

Let me explain my understanding of this, if Rolle wishes to correct this than by all means he can.

Radio Chatter Meta-gaming has been a thing before, and as always its case by case depending on the situation. But again this what I think and believe.

Metagaming deals with someone taking OOC info, into their character. Which is always a IG offense and should be handled that way.

Just because someone claims, "Hey he metagamed my name, I want him punished." They can provided the proof and so on, but to me that is very unfair to the other side for us to just say ok sure we will ban them with the normal Meta ban. Which included a game ban, even if it didnt happen IG. That is standard no?

Why would we take someones word over another, not giving the accused a chance to explain or even refute this report? Sometimes its something that happens IG that stems from that to radio chatter. But to me it always starts somewhere IG, and thus should be handled as such.

Giving both sides a fair report and chance to try and explain.

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, Aiko said:

Hello,

Let me explain my understanding of this, if Rolle wishes to correct this than by all means he can.

Radio Chatter Meta-gaming has been a thing before, and as always its case by case depending on the situation. But again this what I think and believe.

Metagaming deals with someone taking OOC info, into their character. Which is always a IG offense and should be handled that way.

Just because someone claims, "Hey he metagamed my name, I want him punished." They can provided the proof and so on, but to me that is very unfair to the other side for us to just say ok sure we will ban them with the normal Meta ban. Which included a game ban, even if it didnt happen IG. That is standard no?

Why would we take someones word over another, not giving the accused a chance to explain or even refute this report? Sometimes its something that happens IG that stems from that to radio chatter. But to me it always starts somewhere IG, and thus should be handled as such.

Giving both sides a fair report and chance to try and explain.

But the thing is with this case is from the looks of it all of it was done on the forums nothing was transferred IG expect maybe look for the body but that's it. Nothing was mentioned or screamed about it IG making it all forum based.
And the way I remember how we dealt with the other side was by speaking to the other person on the forums or on TS to provide the evidence just like Castile did above.

Edited by Eagle

Share this post


Link to post

People are misunderstanding the idea behind radio chat. It's not supposed to be super serious and follow all in game rules and what not. It's a minigame on the forums,with simple out of game light role play, not a replacement for in game stuff.

So no, I don't think you need to report things like meta, power gaming, text KoS and other stuff with real reports. Because in the end, none of it really affects your character or what happens in game. 

If someone is being an asshole in radio chatter and doing unreasonable things with it, we can hit them with warnings OOC. That's how I see it. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Rolle said:

People are misunderstanding the idea behind radio chat. It's not supposed to be super serious and follow all in game rules and what not. It's a minigame on the forums,with simple out of game light role play, not a replacement for in game stuff.

So no, I don't think you need to report things like meta, power gaming, text KoS and other stuff with real reports. Because in the end, none of it really affects your character or what happens in game. 

If someone is being an asshole in radio chatter and doing unreasonable things with it, we can hit them with warnings OOC. That's how I see it. 

+1

I would prefer this as a minigame that's a better idea. If people wanna use radios we should use the actual in game walkie-talkies etc.. 

Edited by LouieRP

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, LouieRP said:

+1

I would prefer this as a minigame that's a better idea. If people wanna use radios we should use the actual in game walkie-talkies etc.. 

I think you misinterpreted what he was saying just a tad.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Rolle said:

People are misunderstanding the idea behind radio chat. It's not supposed to be super serious and follow all in game rules and what not. It's a minigame on the forums,with simple out of game light role play, not a replacement for in game stuff.

So no, I don't think you need to report things like meta, power gaming, text KoS and other stuff with real reports. Because in the end, none of it really affects your character or what happens in game. 

If someone is being an asshole in radio chatter and doing unreasonable things with it, we can hit them with warnings OOC. That's how I see it. 

Things get out quick through radio chatter. It has quite real consequences IG if you're, for example, shit talking and then they find you, or if people spread things like base locations. If I tell somebody about where I keep some stuff OOCly and they distribute that info over the radio, I'd report it for meta. As far as powergaming and text kos goes, I'd love to see somebody try, lol

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Whitename said:

Things get out quick through radio chatter. It has quite real consequences IG if you're, for example, shit talking and then they find you, or if people spread things like base locations. If I tell somebody about where I keep some stuff OOCly and they distribute that info over the radio, I'd report it for meta. As far as powergaming and text kos goes, I'd love to see somebody try, lol

Yep, but in contrast to in game rule breaks, radio chatter posts can simply be hidden, threads closed, damage can be undone - something that we cannot do with in game rule breaks. And if a radio post is removed, it gets rid of any and all information that may have contributed to a rule break. I still don't think we should be creating full reports because someone mentioned in a radio post something their character wouldn't know. Just use the regular forum report post function IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Rolle said:

Yep, but in contrast to in game rule breaks, radio chatter posts can simply be hidden, threads closed, damage can be undone - something that we cannot do with in game rule breaks. And if a radio post is removed, it gets rid of any and all information that may have contributed to a rule break. I still don't think we should be creating full reports because someone mentioned in a radio post something their character wouldn't know. Just use the regular forum report post function IMO.

Perhaps, but if my base location is sent out and I don't see it for an hour, and then it's hidden for metagame, what then? Damage done, shit lost, virtually untrackable. It's a case-by-case basis if you ask me. No IG consequences no formal report. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, LouieRP said:

I would prefer this as a minigame that's a better idea. If people wanna use radios we should use the actual in game walkie-talkies etc.. 

yes deffo the only things are radios and batts are few and far between but yes this would be a good idea and when beta drops hopefully the radios will be better plus it would stop any kind of metagaming too and if you what to do private radio then us the PM'S 

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you @Rolle. Marked as solved, so we can close the thread now.

Edited by Erik

Share this post


Link to post

Closing as per requested. Glad to hear you got a clear answer for your questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...