Server time (UTC): 2020-10-21, 01:58
Sign in to follow this  
LukeRP

About requesting to close reports?

So uhh recent report I noticed that both parties agreed to close it. But staff now can keep it open If both sides agree the situation was bad but they both learned they can improve on it what is the point in keeping it open and banning them? It was the OPs right to report it why is it not his right to close it? 

This is a community end of the day we should have value for each person that plays here. 

It's just kinda shitty to look at yeah Ill be honest I wouldn't have done what @NateRP did sorry bro but the OP has more than enough reason to go afk and the OP was clearly new wouldn't a verbal be suitable? 

So I remember back in the day when both sides would agree to close a report and they would close it what has changed and why did staff still pursue this? 

If this is TOS thing then just yeet it. 

Edited by LouieRP

GM+ team have the last say in whether they wanna honor the close request or not depending on the severity of the matter or just plain if they wanna address things that they deem more than just a slap on the wrist reminder.

Just now, Chewy said:

GM+ team have the last say in whether they wanna honor the close request or not depending on the severity of the matter or just plain if they wanna address things that they deem more than just a slap on the wrist reminder.

Yeah but is banning people always the best thing to do based on current circumstances with the game and the community? 

The GM team has always had the decision regarding the closure of reports when it comes to this. They can choose not to at the end of the day. Regarding who can request the report closed, only the OP has to request closed unless the other side requests it to be remained open and the GM team wishes to honour that request.

In regards to this situation that unfolded, it was not only the GMs that signed this verdict but also there was multiple admins that agreed upon keeping this report open from what I remember from the conversations.

Don't know why a verbal wasn't issued for the OP and Nate, as Nate actually didn't know the OP had gone to AFK. Despite both parties agreeing to it being closed they still got banned anyhow, just seems there's a little inconsistency there, as reports of similar nature were closed.

"I was not even aware that Anthony had even typed // "=afk 30 seconds in chat" - NateRP

1 minute ago, LouieRP said:

Yeah but is banning people always the best thing to do based on current circumstances with the game and the community? 

Depends on the situation, in the end of the day, if a rule is broken, a rule has been broken and then dealt with accordingly. It is not always black and white on this matter.

Edited by Ghost of Hebi

Aight ty for the quick answers. Staff, you can yeet this. 

I mean, Anthony is new- and I surely hope he doesn’t have to re-whitelist over this.

and Nate wasn’t even aware he was AFK, he just gave him demands and he didn’t listen- that’s how he saw it.

it wouldn’t make RP sense to not pop him. We got baddies in town, and this guy wasn’t listening-

regardless, Anthony took the apology and asked to close the report.. yet they both got banned- and Nate with ‘aggravated’ ban.

Closing as per requested