Server time (UTC): 2020-10-23, 02:26
Sign in to follow this  
Wire

A Business Opportunity [Open Freq.]

- Mr. Pond climbs the metal structure to get the best signal -

*You hear the sound of wind as the transmission begins*

"Hello everyone, I am trying to reach out to anyone and everyone still alive out there. By this point I have lost nearly everyone that I have called my friend in this twisted world."

- He takes a second to collect himself -

"Anyway, I'm Mr. Pond. If you can read me, I want to share my plan for a...job opening. I am looking for loyal people to help me start a...business of sorts."

- Mr. Pond clears his throat -

"To clarify, I am looking for workers. Hard workers who can trust me. I am forced to return to my roots to survive and that's what I'm planning to do. If you have any interest in working under me, then reply to this message. I will be around Novy Sabor and will be willing to meet up with you for a sort of...interview. This isn't a job for just anyone so before making a decision, make sure you're willing to trust me."

- Mr. Pond adjusts the antenna -

"I will not give details of the...business I plan to start over this public frequency. However, I can say that this will require that you trust me and whoever I plan to ...hire. It will be a team effort. For any of you scum out there listening to this in hopes of finding a new location to raid, you're wasting your time. This location will only serve as a base of operation...not storage. With that being said, I'm awaiting the replies of anyone willing to consider my proposal. I will continue to broadcast this in the hopes of reaching more people."

*The transmission ends, but can be heard over the radio again about once a day.*

Edited by Wire

*Nana sat on the rundown bed of the house she was currently camping in. In front of her were several different things- all necessary. An old wrinkled map she found of the area. A scratched up radio that still worked. A couple of cans of peaches. These were what the girl had found so far, along with a gun and some other stuff. As she quietly sorted through these items, the radio came to life. The voice of a man filtered in through the static. Nana quickly picked it up. Her lips pursed. She could barely hear him. Was the radio's antenna busted? With a determined nod, she moved to climb onto the old and slightly rotted kitchen table. Nana lifted up the radio until the message became clear. She stood there awkwardly for a few minutes, with her arms stretched up holding the radio as she precariously tried to balance herself on the table, listening to the message. When it was over, the girl pursed her lips in thought. Then, she smiled and nodded before pressing down on the PTT. The sound of a chipper youth could be heard.*

"Ah! I'd love to find work! Maybe I can help with this? I'll try to make my way up to Severograd! I hope you have a safe day!"

*Click- and possibly a thud as the table gave out under the small teen's weight.*

Edited by Lori

- Mr. Pond hears the voice of what seemed to be a younger girl through his radio as he was kneeling down for a sip of water -

- After listening to the message, he finishes his drink and grabs the radio to reply -

"Hi there, I hope you're doing alright. I'm glad to hear you're interested in my proposal. If you're making your way to Severograd, feel free to turn to Frequency 96.6 once you arrive there. I will be flipping between this frequency and 96.6 in case you reply. Once in Severograd, we can get in contact and find a place to meet. Be safe out there."

*You hear the crunching of leaves under his shoes as he puts away his radio*

*Transmission Ends*

Edited by Wire

Franklin leans forward and speaks into his radio with a response.

"Now that's the sketchiest thing I've ever heard in my life."
"It's the goddamn apocalypse nobody cares about your secretive business plans because they're going to be found out anyways."
"Nothing is secret and that's something you need to realize."

The man releases the PTT and exhales to keep himself from exploding with rage.

1 minute ago, N-Tox said:

Franklin leans forward and speaks into his radio with a response.

"Now that's the sketchiest thing I've ever heard in my life."
"It's the goddamn apocalypse nobody cares about your secretive business plans because they're going to be found out anyways."
"Nothing is secret and that's something you need to realize."

The man releases the PTT and exhales to keep himself from exploding with rage.

- Mr. Pond hears the reply and chuckles -

"No one said this was a secret business. Hell, I've given you the location of where I plan to operate. Feel free to stop by and have a chat if you'd like. If anything, you should think of this as a...commercial of sorts. The only reason for the private meeting is to get to know the person interested in the...job position.

- Mr. Pond recalls when the man said "Nothing is secret and that's something you need to realize." -

"You're exactly right sir, and that is what I'm hopping for. After all, what's the point in a business if you don't have any customers?"

- Mr. Pond smiles and clips his radio back onto his backpack strap -

*Transmission Ends*

Franklin presses down the PTT with a firm grip.

"What I find sketchy is that you won't specify the work you're hiring for."
"and 
FUCK ME if I'm going to come visit, or even sign up for some mysterious work that you won't tell people over the radio!"

He releases the PTT and exhales again, attempting to calm himself.

*Vasily would hear the proposal over the radio and stop to consider. He would press the PTT. His voice would have a thick Russian accent and he would speak in an intrigued tone.*

Mr. Pond. My name is Vasily. I am curious as to what this business you speak of may be. I may have to pay you visit some time here in future to learn more. I will be in touch.

*Vasily would release the PTT*

- Mr. Pond hears the reply and is glad to hear another person interested in the arrangement -

*You hear the rain slamming down on the roof of the old tin roof*

"That sounds great! Let me know when you get to Severograd. You can reach me on this frequency or on 96.6. I'll check both of them constantly for your reply."

*Transmission Ends*

*Kriss listens in on the chatter as he tunes into this frequency, bored out of his mind from sitting atop a tower overlooking the land of southern South Zagoria*

"What's this? A business of secrets of which secrets are kept unless we speak to you? Y'know what, I'll bite. I'll be available in roughly 3 hours to talk one-to-one over the radio about this. I think my people, my family, will be interested. Remember, 3 hours. Be there or lose out."

*The frequency ends immediately after, stuffing his radio into his front vest pockets. Continuing to watch over the fields half-assed*

10 minutes ago, Kriss Blade said:

*Kriss listens in on the chatter as he tunes into this frequency, bored out of his mind from sitting atop a tower overlooking the land of southern South Zagoria*

"What's this? A business of secrets of which secrets are kept unless we speak to you? Y'know what, I'll bite. I'll be available in roughly 3 hours to talk one-to-one over the radio about this. I think my people, my family, will be interested. Remember, 3 hours. Be there or lose out."

*The frequency ends immediately after, stuffing his radio into his front vest pockets. Continuing to watch over the fields half-assed*

- Mr. Pond hears the reply over the sound of the wind in his ear -

- He get's excited at the sound of "...my people, my family will be interested." But doesn't let it show in his voice. He remains calm and collected -

"Glad to hear you're interested. I think I've got quiet an opportunity for you and your...family. There is only one problem. I'm about a 4-hour walk away from Severograd at the moment. If I could ask that you meet around that time I would gladly share my intentions with you."

- He hopes he doesn't blow this opportunity. He thinks that a small group or "family" would be better for business -

"Let me know what you think, I'll still be headed that way regardless. Once in the city I'll have my radio tuned to 96.6."

*Transmission Ends*

*Vasily would grab his radio and press the PTT. His thickly accented voice would come over the radio.*

Mr. Pond. This is Vasily again. I can come meet you in about two hours. Will this work for you?

*He would release the PTT.*

16 minutes ago, Mark said:

*Vasily would grab his radio and press the PTT. His thickly accented voice would come over the radio.*

Mr. Pond. This is Vasily again. I can come meet you in about two hours. Will this work for you?

*He would release the PTT.*

- Mr. Pond would hear the reply and stop running to take a breath before responding -

"I'm glad you're interested, but there has been a slight change of plans. Feel free to meet me at Novy Sabor right around 71-77 on a map if you've got one. I'm working on moving from Severograd for better business opportunities. Two hours should be fine. Update me when you have reached the town."

*Transmission Ends*

Edited by Wire

*Vasily would press down the PTT and respond.*

I understand that this may be busy day for you, but would it be possible to meet somewhere else. I'm thinking perhaps Stary Sobor or Guglova.

*Vasily would release the PTT.*

-Mr. Pond is a bit puzzled by the issue with the location he selected but he ignores it -

"Um yea sure. Stary Sobor will do. Shouldn't take me too long to head that way. I can meet you there once you're ready, just give me a shout!"

*Transmissions Ends*

*Vasily would speak into his radio.*

We are here.

*He releases the PTT.*

- Mr. Pond hears the radio and replies -

"Good to hear you made it alright. I'm here as well. I'm at the East end of town in a small parking lot."

- He puts away his radio, but leaves it on in case of a reply -

- He checks to see if his battery is dead, but it has a full charge. He sends out another message as he looks around. -

"Hello, if anyone is still there, I have a new battery and I think I've got my radio working again. If there is still anyone interested in my proposal, I will be in Stary Sobor on frequency 96.6. I will also continue to check this frequency as well."

- He pulls a packet from his jacket and looks at it -

"Over this time I have also obtain a...demonstration of what my business will be all about if anyone is curious."

- He hopes to peak someone's interest in his proposal -

*Nikolai would glance around his humble home in Myshkino, and run his fingers over a framed photo of him and his family at a Christmas festival when Kolya and Dima were still so small*

"Здраво? Неко тамо? Моје име је Николај Кирочев, изворно из града Бурађе, Србија. Радила сам у челичној фабрици неколико година прије рата са Босном. После одељења, емигрирао сам овде и радио у металној фабрици у Светлајарску. Дакле, нисам сигуран да ли ће моје вештине бити корисне за вас, али ако ме могу обавестити. Све ово лудило ме размишља да ли постоји начин да се новац уштеди и можда пошаље породици пошто сам их послала родитељима у Србији, онда могу и узети у обзир. Ако не, могу бити само ручни рад или мишић. Све ово што је требало да шетам или некада покренем свуда је ударио дупе у релативан облик. Хех, кад ме Евка поново види, неће моћи да ми држи руке од мене. Довољно са мојим надувавањем. Дакле, посао је и даље доступан да? Не? Молимо контактирајте ускоро. Збогом за сада."

*Zdravo? Neko tamo? Moje ime je Nikolaj Kiročev, izvorno iz grada Burađe, Srbija. Radila sam u čeličnoj fabrici nekoliko godina prije rata sa Bosnom. Posle odeljenja, emigrirao sam ovde i radio u metalnoj fabrici u Svetlajarsku. Dakle, nisam siguran da li će moje veštine biti korisne za vas, ali ako me mogu obavestiti. Sve ovo ludilo me razmišlja da li postoji način da se novac uštedi i možda pošalje porodici pošto sam ih poslala roditeljima u Srbiji, onda mogu i uzeti u obzir. Ako ne, mogu biti samo ručni rad ili mišić. Sve ovo što je trebalo da šetam ili nekada pokrenem svuda je udario dupe u relativan oblik. Heh, kad me Evka ponovo vidi, neće moći da mi drži ruke od mene. Dovoljno sa mojim naduvavanjem. Dakle, posao je i dalje dostupan da? Ne? Molimo kontaktirajte uskoro. Zbogom za sada.*

**Hello? Anyone there? My name is Nikolai Kirochev, origianally I hail from Burađa, Serbia. I worked in a steel mill there for a few years before the war with Bosnia. After wards I immigrated here and worked in a metal fabrication factor in Svetlajarsk. So I'm not sure if my skills can be of use to you, but if they can let me know. All this madness has me thinking if there is a way to make some money to save up and possibly send to my family as I sent them to my parents in Serbia, then may as well take the opprutunity. If not I can just be manual labor or muscle. All this having to walk or some times run everywhere has kicked my ass back into relative shape.  Heh, when my Evka sees me again she's not gonna be able to keep her hands off me. Enough with my rambling. So, job it's still avaiable yes? No? Please contact soon. Farewell for now.**

*Nikolai places the radio on the coffee table and presses the framed picture to his chest with tears welling up in the corners of his eyes*

- Mr. Pond Replies -

"Yes there is still a position open. Although, I wouldn't be able to pay you in money...Maybe some food and drink? If anyone is still interested, I will be on frequency 96.6 around Novy and Stary Sabor."

*Transmission Ends*

- Mr. Pond picks up his radio and presses the P.T.T. -

"It has come to my attention that someone was looking for me outside of Stary Sabor. Whoever you are, if you hear this, respond so that we may discuss a time and place to meet."

*Transmission Ends*

*Nikolai would pick his radio out of it's little cushioned compartment and respond*

"Здраво, да, то бих био ја сам те тражио две ноћи сада и сваки пут безуспешно. Желим да радим, иако разумијем да новчана накнада није одржива. Међутим, осјећам да би ово могло представити друга средства за мене да помогнем својој породици како је моја прерогатива надам се да разумете."

*Zdravo, da, to bih bio ja sam te tražio dve noći sada i svaki put bezuspešno. Želim da radim, iako razumijem da novčana naknada nije održiva. Međutim, osjećam da bi ovo moglo predstaviti druga sredstva za mene da pomognem svojoj porodici kako je moja prerogativa nadam se da razumete.*

**Hello, yes that would be me I have been looking for you for two nights now and each time to no avail. I do wish to work, though I understand that monetary compensation is not viable. However I feel this could present other means for me to aide my family as to how is my prerogative I hope you understand.**

*As Nikolai sets the radio back into his bag he mutters to himself, "Јебати! Предуго сам се обесио око оних одела у фабрици."*

*Jebati! Predugo sam se obesio oko onih odela u fabrici.

**Fuck! I hung around those suits at the factory too long.

- Mr. Pond hears the reply and grabs his radio from his coat pocket -

*It sounds like he's running*

"Ugh...ah I see, I'm sorry for missing you. Tell you what. Is there a good time you could meet me? Maybe in a few hours or so? I'll be around Novy and Stary for about another hour before I get some rest. Then I should be available again in a few hours."

*The sound of wind can be heard moving pass the mic on the radio*

"Just let me know a good time for you and we can work out a meeting location. Alright gotta go...got a small biter problem currently...ugh"

- He puts the radio back in his pocket and continues to run -

*Nikolai rubs his eyes to open them as he had dozed off trying to fall asleep when he hears the man's voice over the radio*

"Да, веома добро могу бити тамо за сат. Бојим се да не могу да говорим докле год сам потребан да се одморим."

*Da, veoma dobro mogu biti tamo za sat. Bojim se da ne mogu da govorim dokle god sam potreban da se odmorim.*

**Yes, very well I can be there within the hour. I'm afraid I can not speak for long as I am in need of rest myself.**

*Nikolai stand himself up after packing his radio away and his blanket gathering his things to trek to Stary Sabor or Novy Sabor wherever he meets this man*

*Nana hears the familiar voice over the radio. She gulps before pressing down and smiles apologetically as she speaks.*

"Sorry I never showed up... Uh I met some people and stuff. I hope everything's going ok for you though!"

*Click*

- Mr. Pond hears the voice that he hasn't heard in some time -

"No problem at all. I'm glad to hear you're still alright. If possible, I'd love to meet you and these people you've met. They may be interested in the business opportunity I'm offering.

- He puts away his radio and returns to his cooking pot hanging over the fire -

Sign in to follow this