Server time: 2017-10-20, 19:58
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alpha

IC/OOC posting in faction threads?

Guest Alpha   
Guest Alpha

Hello,

I often see people sending an IC and OOC message on faction/clan threads but doesn't that look a bit weird? I mean how can a clan thread possibly be an in-character thing? To me all clan threads are out of character things (unless there would be some sort of IC application formoat involved or something). But why would a clan thread be IC? It's just information about the factions from an out of character perspective, i cannot understand trough which in-character communication means you are communicating trough when you are "IC'ly" responding to a faction thread...

Does anyone get my point?

Because it's fun.

I guess.

I don't know. I think the Employer might've started the trend (correct me if I'm wrong). Instead of asking "why?" you should ask "why not?".

Guest Alpha   
Guest Alpha

Well it's just weird and I think it also expresses as if this server maintains a low roleplaying standard

Caesar    438

I use it as a chance to RP a bit and have fun. That being said anything from the forums is strictly OOC information.

How? I really don't see how that has anything to do with the standard of roleplay.

In fact, it can only improve the standard. Right?

Guest Alpha   
Guest Alpha

How can a reply to a clan thread (Which is full of OOC information) possibly be IC? And how would it be communicated IC? Would it be an in-character conversation trough radio communication or what? Is it a relayed chat on some random notice board in the middle of nowhere or what? Perhaps I might be the only one but it just looks ridiculous in my opinion, it is totally meaningless ICly

Maybe people like having IC banter because you know, it's fun? You can roleplay on the forum and not bring that info in-game. I don't really see the problem.

It is just for fun. And yes, it is roleplay, even though it doesn't make sense. Lots of things don't make sense but we pretend it does because part of roleplaying is pretending.

I will say it again: ask yourself "why not?"

Thumper    0

I think it adds to the community...I mean we poke fun and boast, rim each other and then: //ooc loved it man...

Like they said above...its all ooc anyway and cant be used in game.

Guest Alpha   
Guest Alpha

I think it adds to the community...I mean we poke fun and boast, rim each other and then: //ooc loved it man...

So if its all OOC then why do people seperate their OOC chat with brackets or the //? Is that some sort of OOC-OOC as in OOC within OOC? :D

So if its all OOC then why do people seperate their OOC chat with brackets or the //? Is that some sort of OOC-OOC as in OOC within OOC? :D

Because IC, there can be insults involved.

Example. CLF calls S-GRU dicks, IC. Then they use //OOC to say that it's all in good faith.

Thumper    0

Sure? I dont know...I answer how my character would..then //the real me like everyone else.

Okay, I'll give an example.

We killed the mighty S-GU, HAHAHAHA!

///Nice firefight guys, do it again sometime.

See the difference? It's so your roleplay post doesn't get mixed up with your OCC post.

Guest Alpha   
Guest Alpha

Hahaha well all righty

Murray    6
as if this server maintains a low roleplaying standard

Well to be fair, the standard here is low (albeit, it is improving) compared to other roleplay communities. Completely understandable given this game being primarly a combat simulator with a incredibly popular zombie mod and not your usual RPG platform.

Tomeran    3

Why?

Why not! The more RP the better.

How?

Radio messages, board posts, notes, texting..uh..notes attached to pigeons trained to fly to all clan members..ehm..

The how's not always that important.