Jump to content
Server time (UTC): 2020-10-23, 00:08
Sign in to follow this  
Descendants

Peep this update video for .63

Recommended Posts

 

Share this post


Link to post

this. this is great. +100

Share this post


Link to post

Some interesting stuff indeed, but why does it bother me how they emphasised on how many bugs they fixed, doesn't mean anything when the stress test is late.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Some interesting stuff indeed, but why does it bother me how they emphasised on how many bugs they fixed, doesn't mean anything when the stress test it late.

Real talk. We'll not get it till May, I bet you. 

Share this post


Link to post

That new PA system will be fun!

Share this post


Link to post

Hmm, I guess they need an excuse. ;)

Hopefully it's soon though, I like the weapon partical effects, more realistic for RP!

My Quinn won't be using her walkman as much, she will be playing her music through the public adress system.

Share this post


Link to post

This is absolutely amazing. Thanks for sharing!

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Lady In Blue said:

Hmm, I guess they need an excuse. ;)

Hopefully it's soon though, I like the weapon partical effects, more realistic for RP!

My Quinn won't be using her walkman as much, she will be playing her music through the public adress system.

Fingers crossed a new rule preventing such spam through the system will be rolled in when the time comes.

 

Thanks for sharing the video.

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Mexi said:

Fingers crossed a new rule preventing such spam through the system will be rolled in when the time comes.

 

I mean, any earrape / voip spam is already BadRP so the same will apply here, afaik

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/18/2018 at 6:14 AM, Mexi said:

-✂-

I don't plan on doing this really, I think it will be great for RP having this implemented. 

I can imagine Anarchy using it a lot in RP, would be interesting.

On 4/18/2018 at 6:25 AM, Whitename said:

-✂-

This is true, playing music through the public address system though, wouldn't necessarily be BadRP if it was done correctly.

I can imagine it being used for the Altar Hill Radio Station for example.

It is a tricky one though, in all honesty, I personally would never play music through the system.

Edited by Lady In Blue

Share this post


Link to post

Any day now

Share this post


Link to post

Excited for .63 even though it will probably be yet another disappointment, thanks for sharing the vid

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Lady In Blue said:

My Quinn won't be using her walkman as much, she will be playing her music through the public adress system.

User was warned for this post. -

Share this post


Link to post

Honestly, I would rather a more playable version of the game and a later stress test than a horrible buggy mess that will take the same amount of time (probably longer due to the length of the stress test) to fix the bugs they are fixing now. In all honesty, would you rather prefer a slightly later stress test, or the stable release taking much longer to get out? 

Personally, I am not looking forward to helicopters being added. Those are fine for a mil-sim, but in a roleplaying type of game, those are usually "Get the hell out of there end game" situations. You know, like at the end of a "story mode". Realistically, if there was a helicopter in an apocalyptic situation, the first people to get it running and able to operate it would use it to get some place safe away from the zombies/mutants/sharks/insane madmen/towering kaiju... I doubt they would hang around all like "Look at my helicopter, isn't it cool! I am so awesome.... Wait, why are you robbing me? No that's my helicop..."*BANG* Even military groups would see the zombie situation, call it FUBAR gather their personnel and get away, possibly try to make it to home country. To me there is just too little roleplay value (besides getting it stolen from you and let's face it, it will be done when you are offline) to be had from having a helicopter. I suppose if you intentionally crash the helicopter some where remote and have to get back to civilisation. But then all you are doing is potentially kill yourself for a chance to roleplay what you could do with a car breaking down in the middle of nowhere. I dunno, it just seems more like a vehicle you would get away from all the shit rather than staying, thus making further game play and roleplay kinda obsolete. Like I say, in a mil-sim it makes sense. The whole objective is to do all that military stuff.

That's the problem with a survival game coming from a mil-sim, people keep thinking of it as a mil-sim (I want combat and guns and helicopters and guns and tanks and guns and military clothing AND MORE MOTHER FUCKING GUNS!!!!!!!) More survival stuff needs to be implemented, break away from the whole mil-sim bubble. Cause honestly, take away the zombies and you are just playing a crappy version of ARMA. Having some zombies running around does not make it a survival game, that's just a mil-sim with some annoying AI zombies. 

Not only that, but honestly the game needs so much more ground work done to it before they start looking to the sky. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Wulf_jon

This will be a legit change :) I can't wait to have it already. As a programmer I truly understand how these bugs and other items on their bug list could be quite difficult to fix, etc. However, I do know that it should have been taken care of slightly faster than it has been dig? Anyway, I truly hope this is the update we've all been waiting for..well, an update that would at least improve dynamics and make things more realistic. I could go on, but I think I'll leave it at that for now.

Here's to the hope that we get this this month as we are momentarily knocking on May's door here.

 

Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, The Buddha said:

Realistically, if there was a helicopter in an apocalyptic situation, the first people to get it running and able to operate it would use it to get some place safe away from the zombies/mutants/sharks/insane madmen/towering kaiju...

Sorry for any strange formatting, I'm on mobile!

While I do agree for the most part, just remember all of the different characters and personalities of said characters. Some, one of mine especially, might actually prefer to stay in this msssed up world. It might mostly only be the baddies, but it still exists. 

Just imagine a psychopath or a group of them that want to be in full control of the current population in the country. A helicopter would be gold for them. 

Besides that, I just wish there were more zombies and they were much more of a threat than they currently are. I'm hyped for the radios, too.

Share this post


Link to post

- User was Cautioned for this Post. -

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, The Buddha said:

Honestly, I would rather a more playable version of the game and a later stress test than a horrible buggy mess that will take the same amount of time (probably longer due to the length of the stress test) to fix the bugs they are fixing now. In all honesty, would you rather prefer a slightly later stress test, or the stable release taking much longer to get out? 

Personally, I am not looking forward to helicopters being added. Those are fine for a mil-sim, but in a roleplaying type of game, those are usually "Get the hell out of there end game" situations. You know, like at the end of a "story mode". Realistically, if there was a helicopter in an apocalyptic situation, the first people to get it running and able to operate it would use it to get some place safe away from the zombies/mutants/sharks/insane madmen/towering kaiju... I doubt they would hang around all like "Look at my helicopter, isn't it cool! I am so awesome.... Wait, why are you robbing me? No that's my helicop..."*BANG* Even military groups would see the zombie situation, call it FUBAR gather their personnel and get away, possibly try to make it to home country. To me there is just too little roleplay value (besides getting it stolen from you and let's face it, it will be done when you are offline) to be had from having a helicopter. I suppose if you intentionally crash the helicopter some where remote and have to get back to civilisation. But then all you are doing is potentially kill yourself for a chance to roleplay what you could do with a car breaking down in the middle of nowhere. I dunno, it just seems more like a vehicle you would get away from all the shit rather than staying, thus making further game play and roleplay kinda obsolete. Like I say, in a mil-sim it makes sense. The whole objective is to do all that military stuff.

That's the problem with a survival game coming from a mil-sim, people keep thinking of it as a mil-sim (I want combat and guns and helicopters and guns and tanks and guns and military clothing AND MORE MOTHER FUCKING GUNS!!!!!!!) More survival stuff needs to be implemented, break away from the whole mil-sim bubble. Cause honestly, take away the zombies and you are just playing a crappy version of ARMA. Having some zombies running around does not make it a survival game, that's just a mil-sim with some annoying AI zombies. 

Not only that, but honestly the game needs so much more ground work done to it before they start looking to the sky. 

 

 

If they add helicopters then I think that there should be admin controls that allow the spawning and prevention of spawning in game. Because I feel that we could use them in event situations but aside from that they are pretty much RP killers. Not to mention I think that 90% of people will be scared of dying to a bug when getting in or near one

Share this post


Link to post

That PA system does look cool, Im excited to see how people use it!

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Hardwired said:

That PA system does look cool, Im excited to see how people use it!

"This is your radio host Jimmy Craft, coming to you live in this apocalyptic waste land here to deliver you the hottest tracks this side of the Atlantic!" 

Share this post


Link to post

God I pray these mega horns work. I can’t wait to initiate onto the entirety of a town with one xDxD 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Descendants said:

"This is your radio host Jimmy Craft, coming to you live in this apocalyptic waste land here to deliver you the hottest tracks this side of the Atlantic!" 

no please Descendants, would rather not go on a goose chase for you haha :D 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Hardwired said:

no please Descendants, would rather not go on a goose chase for you haha :D 

I am good at pvp :P 

Share this post


Link to post

snackdubbz lets peep this out Image result for idubbbz let's peep this out

looks good tho

Share this post


Link to post

I'm hype for the new radio's/broadcasters being introduced! Can't wait to run into a town at 2 A.M CST in the middle of nowhere and here some moron blasting the Teletubies theme song (Earrape Edition) throughout the whole town's speaker system.

+1 for clans taking a town and then blasting shitty music your forced to listen to!

Just kidding, I think it will be really cool hearing emergency broadcasts and stuff.

Edited by Psycho

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...