Server time (UTC): 2020-10-26, 22:36
Sign in to follow this  
DPackan

Very new to RP, this is my first time

I am looking to get into roll playing, i've played numerous mmorpgs but i have never actually roll played. I'm a stand up comedian and writer, along with part time oilfield worker here in OKlahoma. I really don't understand how to navigate threads like this but if someone could add me on discrd TheGrapeist#6836 or on steam, miningman664. itll change to breadcrumbs. Anyways, I apologize if this type of post isn't allowed. I haven't played days in 1 year and im wanting to get back into it and i feel like roll playing will add a lot of purpose to playing again. Thank you guys for helping me out in advance!

Take a peak at the newcomer guide my dude. Will help you out.

We've also got the mentor program to take a look at.

Thank you so much! is there any discord that i can join so people can walk me through how to get throught these threads?

1 minute ago, DPackan said:

Thank you so much! is there any discord that i can join so people can walk me through how to get throught these threads?

There's the teamspeak to go onto. Make sure to sync your teamspeak in your account settings first, and then you will able to join it no problem.

Hopefully you'll get some decent answers! Looks like @LemonRP has already given you some useful links!

/moved to Questions.

Hello @DPackan

Welcome to DayZRP! This community strives on RP! I see that @LemonRP has given you a lot of useful links! The mentor program is something that would seem suitable for you if you are new to RP, highly recommend it. We have a helpdesk in the DayZRP TS that you can go to ask staff members any questions you may have, a place to go to if you have any concerns! You can also go into our Newcomers Channel, to get to know other members within the community.

You can join the DayZRP TeamSpeak, you go to the DayZRP Homepage.

wdwdwefwefdwefwef.png.cb7faa67df6df000dca10e8cc60b2f20.png

Please make sure your TS name is the same as your DayZRP forum name. After you click Join TeamSpeak and join, press CTRL and I while you have TS open, it will open up Identities for you. You can then copy your Unique ID which will be your UUID, you then paste it here: + Add UUID

If you haven't already, this is where you apply for our whitelist after you sync your Steam account: Whitelist 

Before linking your Steam account, please make sure "My Privacy Settings" on Steam is set as public.

Don't forget to check our Newcomer Guide.

While waiting for your whitelist to be reviewed you could welcome yourself into our community if you want to here: Introductions & Farewells

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff.

Edited by Lady In Blue

I would recommend joining a group too in all honesty. It'll make your life easier, but just hop ig and get a feel for what you want your character to be like. When you've decided or know for certain it wouldn't hurt to post a character desc here link which lets groups see potential applicants, just follow the template provided on that thread. You could always just see which group you may prefer here link. Cut out a potential wait that way.

Edited by MeenMuginLovin

If you want to take things slowly, hang out along the coast-line for a while. You'll still meet people but you shouldn't be overwhelmed with large quantities of people all at once. If you would prefer to jump right into things, pay attention to the Radio Chatter threads and learn where most people hang out. 

Hi, there I'll send you a pm if you want to be mentored. Otherwise, you can just join the helpdesk if you just want some general advice.

i'm not new to playing, i'm just new to rollplaying it seems like thats the only way to get fun people to play with. i'm downloading teamspeak as we speak. I use discord, but if its mandatory for you guys ill download it!

Yeah Lukaszxe! i'd love to be mentored and learn as much as i can!

Hey! So I saw your post in Survivors looking for a group, but noticed you didn't have a character setup yet. It is a must that you create the character using this page so that way the server can do its magic and you can login. Or else it won't allow you saying "you're not on your active character". It's a whitelist formality or something. Makes staffs job easier if you have an invalid name and what not.

I would recommend editing the post you made to survivor groups whenever you do setup a character page. 

Edited by MeenMuginLovin

Hey welcome to the community amigo!

First things first as @MeenMuginLovin said, set up a valid character page oce you are whitelisted so you can start looking for a group ASAP. You might also want to send @Buddy or @Lyca a PM showing interest in being a mentee (they're my 2 fav mentors :D) if @lukaszxe's style isn't what you're looking for. Also don't be afraid to reach out to me or another staff member for help!

Hope this helped and I hope you enjoy your stay :D

Edited by Raptor