Server time (UTC): 2020-10-23, 02:14
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Sauber

Guns Dissapearing

First of all, I want to apologize that my first post will be a rather negative one. I also wanted to post this as a trouble-shooting article to find out if there's anyway to predict/ avoid this issue as well as to serve as a warning for players fortunate enough to be unaffected so far.

With that out of the way, I have greatly enjoyed the last week and a half of playing on DayZRP, It's been the best experience I've had by far. I've met fantastic people, gotten myself caught in-between warring factions, and over-all thoroughly enjoyed surviving in the wasteland as my character. Truly, this is a fantastic server, and this issue I'll be discussing is not the server's fault; I want to make that perfectly clear. 

To make a long story short, I've lost two rather nice weapons to the same bug. I'll explain the process in sequence as following:

1. Primary weapon out (In my case this occurred with both the AK74 and M4A1)

2. Stop for a bit to eat

3. Open can of food with can opener (It's happened with both beans and sardines so it seems to affect at least  canned foods)

4. Right click to open menu

5. Menu doesn't open 

6. After about 15 seconds a few messages pop up "Cannot remove item hands" being one of them.

7. Finally eat the can of food

8. Hands are unable to be used

9. Re-log to potentially solve the issue

10. Congratulations, your primary weapon has dissipated into thin air!

This issue seems to be a DayZ bug in general that just occurs more often because I am an American player on the EU server. The hand slot seems to already have issues in .62 and I assume if you happen to be unlucky enough to eat a meal during a lag-spike you are rewarded with the loss of your gun.

Although I am able to tolerate most issues with DayZ, this is one that can be particularly annoying. After working for hours and hours to build up my rifle so that it would fit my character I lose it because I decided to eat a can of sardines. I feel like even though its just a game after all, having days worth of searching and collecting disappear without warning is something that discourages immersion. I mean, how am I supposed to tell my character that the M4 he had for 2 days was a figment of his imagination?

Joking aside, I again understand that this issue isn't one particular to DayZRP, but rather one that's just part of that -Early Access Charm-. I just figured I'd give a warning to everyone out there and see if anyone knew anything more about it.

tl:dr "Don't eat in DayZ Standalone"

DamnitDean.jpg

I read over it briefly but from what I'm understanding is that you've got the typical invisible gun glitch where the gun is in your hands.. But it's invisible! Normally you can fix this with a simple press of the G button whilst aiming at the floor which will throw the invisible thing on to the floor directly in front of you! I don't think there's anyway to prevent this from happening ever again but if it does happen then just do what I said.. :D

I see what you're saying and that very well could be it. I have encountered the "invisible item in hands" many times throughout this patch and a quick re-log has never failed me. It just so happens that if you re-log with this issue I had, the item gets destroyed? I don't know. Are there variations of this bug? I've never had my guns disappear like this before. 

I've never re-logged whilst having the bug so I would have no idea what to do.. But if it does occur again then just press G and you should be fine!

Well I hope it never happens again but I'll definitely remember to throw the item in question next time. Thank you for helping me out and I'll let you know if your suggestion helps!

WooOOoOooo~ Magic ghost guns with magic ghost BULLETS! Haha, but yes this is a common glitch in DayZ SA. Very annoying and has happened to everyone sadly. For now do what other people have suggested, chuck that sucker onto the floor with gusto while we wait for Devs to fix the issue (which will be like never). 

Drop your weapon before interacting with anything if you're double carrying. ;)