Server time (UTC): 2020-10-29, 11:27
Sign in to follow this  
Wire

It has been so long...

*He reaches for his radio as he leans against the cracked wall*

*He sounds out of breath and sad. He presses the PTT*

"I can't believe this thing still works after all this time...*groaning and scratching noises in the background*...Anyway, I am here once again, sending out what may be my last message. My name isn't important right now, but one thing that is important is the people who I have met and that have given their dedication and even lives to create and maintain a community that I was once the leader of."

*Scratching of metal and stone can be heard in the background*

"So, to anyone out there that can hear this...you can't do it alone...I would have never made it this far without the help of others. *His voice changes to anger* Do whatever you can to work TOGETHER and never give up on someone! *His voice returns to sad and soft* ...I'm all alone now...I'm going to die here."

*The radio goes silent*

"........"

"................"

"NO! *You hear the sound of a pistol cocking* I'M NOT GOING TO LET IT END THIS WAY! *You hear the sound of a tool being pulled from it's velcro strap* COME AND GET IT YOU -" *Gunshot* - *Gunshot*

"Transmission Ends*

Edited by TheWireLord

*Fletch slowly reaches for his radio and presses the PTT, lost for words*

"Ummm... you still around man?"

*Fletch releases the PTT*

Edited by TheElderTurtle

18 hours ago, TheElderTurtle said:

*Fletch slowly reaches for his radio and presses the PTT, lost for words*

"Ummm... you still around man?"

*Fletch releases the PTT*

*After an entire night of silence, you hear the same voice as before.*

"Hey there, sorry if I startled you...I managed to make it out alright. I've been out here for nearly a year at this point and I can't get over the fact that there are still this many damn infected. I''m still getting swarmed by the damn things. To be honest I didn't expect a reply...figured that message didn't get sent very far."

*Sounds of leaves crunching under a shoe*

"But what I said about having people around was true. It's going to be even harder to survive alone out here. Whoever is listening to this...I'm headed towards Severograd. There is a bar there that use to be ran by some nice people. I'm not sure if it is still open, but that's where I'll be if you're needing someone to tag along with you...maybe we can even work on rebuilding the community I once ran..."

*Short moment of static before the radio goes silent*

Edited by TheWireLord

16 hours ago, TheWireLord said:

*He reaches for his radio as he leans against the cracked wall*

*He sounds out of breath and sad. He presses the PTT*

"I can't believe this thing still works after all this time...*groaning and scratching noises in the background*...Anyway, I am here once again, sending out what may be my last message. My name isn't important right now, but one thing that is important is the people who I have met and that have given their dedication and even lives to create and maintain a community that I was once the leader of."

*Scratching of metal and stone can be heard in the background*

"So, to anyone out there that can hear this...you can't do it alone...I would have never made it this far without the help of others. *His voice changes to anger* Do whatever you can to work TOGETHER and never give up on someone! *His voice returns to sad and soft* ...I'm all alone now...I'm going to die here."

*The radio goes silent*

"........"

"................"

"NO! *You hear the sound of a pistol cocking* I'M NOT GOING TO LET IT END THIS WAY! *You hear the sound of a tool being pulled from it's velcro strap* COME AND GET IT YOU -" *Gunshot* - *Gunshot*

"Transmission Ends*

Quinn was laying down fast asleep, still recovering from her injuries, she stayed in her hometown in Severograd. The voice that she faintly heard on the radio had woken her up, she listened in with wide eyes recognizing the voice. Sadness had overwhelmed her as she sat up to grab the radio, looking down at the radio she carefully listened in.

"Is that... Mr. Pond? No... It can't be, he was always careful." - Quin looked away from the radio as it became silent.

She depressed the PTT after placing the radio close to her lips.

"H-Hello, Mr. Pond? Is that you? My name is Quinn, Quinn Gray... Remember me?" - Letting go of the PTT she held back the tears, her voice was trembling slightly.

"Sir, where are you! Let me find you! Don't die! You are not alone!" - Quinn stood up, feeling desperate she depressed the PTT after she heard the transmission end.

"Sir!? NO! PLEASE! SAY SOMETHING!" - Quinn clenched the radio close to her chest as the tears had streamed down her face.

Edited by Lady In Blue

1 hour ago, TheWireLord said:

*After an entire night of silence, you hear the same voice as before.*

"Hey there, sorry if I startled you...I managed to make it out alright. I've been out here for nearly a year at this point and I can't get over the fact that there are still this many damn infected. I''m still getting swarmed by the damn things. To be honest I didn't expect a reply...figured that message didn't get sent very far."

*Sounds of leaves crunching under a shoe*

"But what I said about having people around was true. It's going to be even harder to survive alone out here. Whoever is listening to this...I'm headed towards Severograd. There is a bar there that use to be ran by some nice people. I'm not sure if it is still open, but that's where I'll be if you're needing someone to tag along with you...maybe we can even work on rebuilding the community I once ran..."

*Short moment of static before the radio goes silent*

After a heavy, sleepless night due to worrying about the man, Quinn had kept the radio close, in hope that she would hear the same voice. Sitting on the edge of the table with the radio next to her hand she pondered to herself, wondering if her message was even heard.

"Please, please let there be something..." - She looked down at the radio, sighing she jumped from the table, as she was walking away a familiar voice transmitted through the radio.

After listening with wide eyes, she depressed the PTT.

"ARE YOU ALIVE!? I WAS SO WORRIED!" - Quinn sighed, feeling relieved she quickly sat back on the edge of the table, still holding the PTT.

"Sir? Please, what is your name!?" - Quinn waited for a response as she kept the radio close to her lips as she released the PTT.

Edited by Lady In Blue

4 hours ago, Lady In Blue said:

After a heavy, sleepless night due to worrying about the man, Quinn had kept the radio close, in hope that she would hear the same voice. Sitting on the edge of the table with the radio next to her hand she pondered to herself, wondering if her message was even heard.

"Please, please let there be something..." - She looked down at the radio, sighing she jumped from the table, as she was walking away a familiar voice transmitted through the radio.

After listening with wide eyes, she depressed the PTT.

"ARE YOU ALIVE!? I WAS SO WORRIED!" - Quinn sighed, feeling relieved she quickly sat back on the edge of the table, still holding the PTT.

"Sir? Please, what is your name!?" - Quinn waited for a response as she kept the radio close to her lips as she released the PTT.

*After hearing the voice on his radio he quickly replies*

"Oh my god, Quinn? Is that really you? You don't know how great it is to hear your voice! Yes, it's me, David Pond. It's been so long, I wasn't sure if you were still alive."

*You hear the rain pouring in the background*

"I'm not sure if you heard, but I am headed to Severograd to see what's left of that old city. Maybe if you're close by we could meet up? I should be there in about a half-day. It would be great to get to see you again! Let me know if you're in the area. I'll be around. Be careful out there Quinn."

*David releases the PTT and pulls his hood over his head to shield his glasses from the rain*

25 minutes ago, TheWireLord said:

*After hearing the voice on his radio he quickly replies*

"Oh my god, Quinn? Is that really you? You don't know how great it is to hear your voice! Yes, it's me, David Pond. It's been so long, I wasn't sure if you were still alive."

*You hear the rain pouring in the background*

"I'm not sure if you heard, but I am headed to Severograd to see what's left of that old city. Maybe if you're close by we could meet up? I should be there in about a half-day. It would be great to get to see you again! Let me know if you're in the area. I'll be around. Be careful out there Quinn."

*David releases the PTT and pulls his hood over his head to shield his glasses from the rain*

Quinn was walking, holding the umbrella above her head as it rained, as she was walking she heard her radio spark to life. Quinn listened in carefully after placing the radio close to her ear, the rain was very heavy, it was hard for Quinn to hear him clearly, as she listened in she went to find shelter so she could understand his transmission.

After she listened in she had pressed the PTT.

"Mr. Pond! I thought it was you! I was so worried! Are you hurt? Is everything alright? You haven't been... Bitten, have you!?" - Quinn took a deep breath in from talking too quickly.

"Yes! It is me, Quinn Gray! After everyone I had met back in the day you are the only sane, caring one left who isn't out to get me." - Quinn sighed in thought.

"You are coming to my hometown? We need to meet! I need to see if you are really okay, I haven't seen a friendly face in some time..." - Quinn placed her hand on her chest, clenching at her jacket as she thought back too much.

"Would be great to see you again Mr. Pond! Stay safe!" - Quinn released the PTT, placed the radio in her pocket and carried on with her walk.

- User has been cautioned for this post -

Sign in to follow this