Server time (UTC): 2020-10-29, 02:04
Sign in to follow this  
Roleplayer

Can we kill radio chatter yet

Im in the car right now so Im to lazy link more threads but I would say it's way harder to find a productive radio chatter thread and much easier to find numerous completely useless ones. Whether it's replies , or posts. I can't be the only one reading half this stuff and cringing . Like has this stuff not devolved to random dick swinging again( not that it hasn't always been that) . But I mean really take half these posts and read them out loud to yourself. 

Edited by UndeadRP

I agree I wouldn't have an issue with radio chatter if they backed up 10% of their claims. I would like to see a rule put in place basically saying if you are going to spam radio chatter with threats actually act on it in game. 

Edited by LouieRP

I have to admit there are threads that I look at and think was there really any point in having that put up? However I realize that its a way of communicating when communication In game is not possible due to the risk of a drop weaps situation. It can be difficult arranging to meet with others you don't get along with in game due to the hostile nature of a lot of characters which is fine. 

I find it interesting though when there is beef over the radio threads that then gets sorted in game, it makes it more interesting, but I can see your point.

+1

Radio chatter has the potential to be something great but that's not at all how it's used. More of the less it's consisting of someone contesting how big their dicks are or something super duper private that's still in the public eye.

Edited by Eagle

Radio chatter is 90%  just people insulting groups/people with no fear of immediate consequences. 

It’d be a lot better if they fought after talking shit. But I honestly can’t remember the last time I’ve seen these Radio warriors besides events.

People should be able to post what they want and say what they want over the radio.  Whether it is dick swinging, lore stuff, trading, whatever.  I see no problem with what your calling dick swinging over the radio.  Yeah it may be annoying to see it, but if you do not want to see it just do not open the thread if you think it is going to be just be more big dicking.

Hey, I also sit here at times and really "cringe" (shudder) at some things said on the radio frequencies and that goes for "both" or "different" sides, not just "one".  I shudder on an IC basis at least. Sometimes a bit OOC.

... but I go by a simple rule a lot of the time unless my subjective threshold is simply "broken":

IC is IC

I get that not everything happening IC should be considered IC or seems realistic to some. But if people talk shit IC on a radio, who is going to stop them at that particular moment? And there's always two (or more sides) to a conflict. If someone talks crap, you can ignore them. Or try to find them and make them shut up, of course. While perhaps less shit talking could or would be nice, I also don't think we really need a rule for this - for now. If I would be annoyed at something I would not reply or keep it short. Or try to hunt the other side, etc.

But that's just my 2 cents.

Edited by Combine

Radio chatter is what you make of it. Like any form of RP, it can contain big dicking, stupid shit, or amazing moments. When I was but a young lad here, some of my best times were spent RPing on the radio chatter threads while I was unable to get in game (usually when I should have actually been working). I had some amazing back and forth and good RP then, and we can now too. Same as I say when it comes to RP,  you can only control what you put into it. You want better out of it, up your own game.

Way I see it, if youre being the big dick daddy on the radio and cant back it up, like @Combine said, there would be nothing stopping someone realistically on the radio and to refer to a quote. "Absolute power, corrupts absolutely." So nah, no rule is needed, but I guess if they're spamming it with the same shit then I guess, who's there to stop them?

Edited by N-Tox

Lol the radio chatter rules are this;

3. Keep all your messages relevant and on topic. Content that is prohibited in radio chatter (including IC):

• hate messages, overly hostile replies
  • radio warriors, provoking, taunting
  • replies that add nothing to the conversation, consist of just insults, laughter, mocking of others, memes, etc

Seems like no one follows them half of the time. Might as well remove the rule.

Edited by Mademoiselle

6 minutes ago, TiviylScratch said:

People should be able to post what they want and say what they want over the radio.  Whether it is dick swinging, lore stuff, trading, whatever.  I see no problem with what your calling dick swinging over the radio.  Yeah it may be annoying to see it, but if you do not want to see it just do not open the thread if you think it is going to be just be more big dicking.

Isn't this a mature roleplay community, shouldn't we be promoting actual good roleplay even on the radio chatter and not big dicking, memes , etc? so yea pretty sure shitty immature roleplay should be restricted in some way. 

Also yea radio chatter rules exist already so people definitly should not be able to do that . They just aren't enforced or strict enough to be honest . 

Edited by UndeadRP

What @Mademoiselle said - Enforce the rules we have and it should be fine. :ph34r:

Radio Chatter is here mostly because we don't have many IG Radios or ways of using IG Radios frequently enough. If you feel a RC post is in violation of the rules of the RC Forum feel to report them. But, currently yeah a lot of the RCs are just people boasting or yelling, I mean they're all about recent events so I still see them as relevant? I still believe they help immerse players in the world when they don't have a chance to actually get in game or to read up and catch up on current news.

22 minutes ago, Hardwired said:

I have to admit there are threads that I look at and think was there really any point in having that put up? However I realize that its a way of communicating when communication In game is not possible due to the risk of a drop weaps situation. It can be difficult arranging to meet with others you don't get along with in game due to the hostile nature of a lot of characters which is fine. 

I find it interesting though when there is beef over the radio threads that then gets sorted in game, it makes it more interesting, but I can see your point.

Let me tell you it never gets sorted in game for the majority of these threads haha. Nothing ever happens .

6 minutes ago, Brayces said:

Radio Chatter is here mostly because we don't have many IG Radios or ways of using IG Radios frequently enough. If you feel a RC post is in violation of the rules of the RC Forum feel to report them. But, currently yeah a lot of the RCs are just people boasting or yelling, I mean they're all about recent events so I still see them as relevant? I still believe they help immerse players in the world when they don't have a chance to actually get in game or to read up and catch up on current news.

Brayces can you read that that thread and say it's immserive ? Idk maybe not killing it entirely but maybe a rework of the rules or higher enforcement . I don't want to sit around all day reporting radio chatter threads  since like 80 percent end up useless or garbage.

11 minutes ago, Oliv said:

Radio chatter is what you make of it. Like any form of RP, it can contain big dicking, stupid shit, or amazing moments. When I was but a young lad here, some of my best times were spent RPing on the radio chatter threads while I was unable to get in game (usually when I should have actually been working). I had some amazing back and forth and good RP then, and we can now too. Same as I say when it comes to RP,  you can only control what you put into it. You want better out of it, up your own game.

I definitly can not control what other people post .

Edited by UndeadRP

3 hours ago, UndeadRP said:

Let me tell you it never gets sorted in game for the majority of these threads haha. Nothing ever happens .

Brayden's can you read that that thread and say it's immserive ? Idk maybe not killing it entirely but maybe a rework of the rules or higher enforcement . I don't want to sit around all day reporting radio chatter threads  since like 80 percent end up useless or garbage.

BRAYDEN'S, I love it.

And if you think maybe the rules need a re-working we can always take a look-see and determine if that needs to be doooooonneeeeeeeee.

2 minutes ago, Brayces said:

BRAYDEN'S, I love it.

And if you think maybe the rules need a re-working we can always take a look-see and determine if that needs to be doooooonneeeeeeeee.

Hey that's all I ask is staff takes a look at the last  3 pages of radio chatter and if they are happy with it then hey maybe I'm just stingy.

also sorry still driving with joffery and auto correct is a bitch :D

Edited by UndeadRP

It's really easy to ignore, I don't see how it bothers people. IC is IC, OOC is OOC. If it's targeted at you no one is forcing you to respond.

1 minute ago, Harvey said:

It's really easy to ignore, I don't see how it bothers people. IC is IC, OOC is OOC. If it's targeted at you no one is forcing you to respond.

THANK YOU!  If you do not like the radio thread you do not have to reply, read on, or even open up the thread.

19 minutes ago, Harvey said:

"Isn't this a mature roleplay community, shouldn't we be promoting actual good roleplay even on the radio chatter and not big dicking, memes , etc? so yea pretty sure shitty immature roleplay should be restricted in some way. 

Also yea radio chatter rules exist already so people definitly should not be able to do that . They just aren't enforced or strict enough to be honest . "

Becuase they are rules that are barely enforced and honestly apparently don't work all that well since ya know the radio chatter section of the forums is hot garbage.  just because something is ic doesn't mean it's good or mature roleplay .

part of the literal core values of he community is a real simple line 

Upholding good quality of role play

So yea if we have to have some rules changed or enforced to have any kind of quality roleplay on the radio chatter thread then yea probably should. That'll be my last post on the " wellll why don't you just not read it subject " lol.

Edited by UndeadRP

what has it come to where radio chatter is being disputed? its ppl talking. do what you would do every other day and block what u dont wana hear out. its a ic radio channel. icly switch the channel. 

everyone lately big dicks. they have reason to. alot of ego on alot of people. big groups smalls groups. everyone has something to prove. and people do back it up. just not very often due to nvfl and other rules preventing ppl not to attack groups of ppl. 

i hope this does not turn into one of those fuck you nah fuck you forum posts. cuz honestly this is a turd sandwhich. just let ppl post what they want and if the admins thinks its too much or what ever. thats their job. i respect you for using the forums and stating the obivious which it being most of the radio chatter is ppl just crying or swinging fig leaves trying to antagonize people. likly why you haven't seen me post icly so much. no point (also have no internet)

limiting a persons voice is fucked thats all im saying.

@UndeadRP I personally don't consider IC radio in text form comparable in terms of quality to in-game RP. You are right about the thread rules though.

I love radio chatters for the most part, but when people do the whole *Puts on a different accent* to completely avoid punishment it really pisses me off, genuinely. Because if you try and do anything about it they claim its metagame and report you, even though they big dicked you and claimed that they could kill you.

Ignore it, report it if it's breaking a rule.. Simple stuff really, some people can't get in game every day so the IC radio chatter is a way to keep up with characters ICLY.

1 minute ago, KyleRP said:

I love radio chatters for the most part, but when people do the whole *Puts on a different accent* to completely avoid punishment it really pisses me off, genuinely. Because if you try and do anything about it they claim its metagame and report you, even though they big dicked you and claimed that they could kill you.

People put voices on in game to hide away, so why can they not do the same over the radio?  People can put on different accents when they talk.