Server time (UTC): 2020-10-27, 12:26
Sign in to follow this  
Brodie

Ban Appeal.

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): 

Why the verdict is not fair: The verdict about my combat log is completely fair, but the invalid kill is not. It is not fair due to the fact that we had a very good reason to initiate. So we hear of white armbands in Novy ,we head down just after dealing with a hostage. We see one white armband(white armbands are known to be Coalition), Louie and I attempt to talk to him, he just ignores us and then we see his friend(wearing a white armband also) sneaking into a bush to get ready behind the first guy. After noticing the friend in the bush I jog over to see what he's doing and he runs away before I get to the bush, then the first guy begins to run shortly after. We chase him, we're literally within like twenty meters and Louie then drops the initiation after we try to tell him to stop and ask why is he running multiple times, obviously we get fed up of him ignoring us and then trying to run, so we initiate. Louie clearly says, "Hands up or you're dead." - The guy(as seen in the video) then does a few sharp turns and continues to run, Louie then says,"Alright you're dead." And we begin to open fire. 

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: The guy obviously heard the initiation, it was very clear, even though in the video it did sound a little quiet, maybe something to do with Traveler's audio(Idk). The victim began to turn sharply once the initiation was dropped and he also continued running, so we began to fire. I feel that staff did the verdict a little too quickly. I understand that the report has been up for like a week. But the video evidence that we all had been waiting for wasn't even posted twenty-four hours ago. Also I never saw an explanation on how the initiation was invalid, Louie quite clearly initiated, we had plenty of reason to do so, he did not comply, we shot him. Also Louie even went as far as to test the VOIP range with Stage, and the victim definitely heard it, but yet claimed they didn't.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: My verdict and warning to be changed and revoked, I did combat log, I even admitted it in the report without it even being said, so I don't mind the repercussions for that.

What could you have done better?: Initiated along with Louie(but it was late, I had family sleeping, I couldn't really be loud tbh), waited longer to log out.

If the initiation is invalid then all kills resulting from it are also invalid. Also I fail to see the logic why it is necessary to spray down a guy who poses no threat, after a rushed initiation. This is not a US police force, we don't shoot people in the back because they start running. Focus on RP and not on getting easy kills on people who run. Ban will stay.