Server time (UTC): 2020-10-26, 01:25
Sign in to follow this  
N-Tox

Sound proofing and recording setup

Disclaimer, my question isnt related to DayZRP

So I'm going to be moving houses soon and will evidently be consuming the entirety of the basement for my own devious purposes. Long story short, I want to turn part of it, into an in home recording studio, all I really need some advice with is what to buy, and vaguely what to do with it. I haven't found consistent answers online and thought somebody here might know.

As a second question, what's a really good microphone for recording vocals, (singing, rapping, etc)

Hey @N-Tox, I have used these wedges and they work really well for sound proofing and acoustics : Acoustic Panels

Also if your looking for a great sounding mic try an XLR mic with a Phantom Power box, I have this mic and it works great for vocals, streaming, etc : XLR Mic

These are items I have now or have used in the past and they worked great for me but everyone has their own preference. Hope this helps!

Also try out any sort of sound poppers. I use them on my microphone and they are really good for recordings not only for music but for online gaming.

Yeah, as Staggs said above, a good pop filter will help out alot too! I used to use this one :Round pop filter and I currently use this one and it's great! : Pop filter

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Yeah, as Staggs said above, a good pop filter will help out alot too! I used to use this one :Round pop filter and I currently use this one and it's great! : Pop filter

Highly recommended, i use that one also ironically. It gives a world of difference.

as for a mic rn Ive got a blue yeti with a rode sm6 and rode boom arm 

Get sound proof pads, I would say 1 meter square piece per meter on the wall and also be sure to get a thick door with blocks.

moving to troubleshooting

You can tell everyone and everything in your house to stfu too before you record :D

23 hours ago, Raptor said:

You can tell everyone and everything in your house to stfu too before you record :D

Just be louder than them to drown out the sound

thanks for the answers everyone, itll be a great help.