Server time (UTC): 2020-10-30, 18:42 HALLOWEEN SALE
Sign in to follow this  
Felix Corten

Netflix and DayZ

I have a feeling that is fake, i dont know why. The game seems masked to be honest. If you look at the edges of the TV its off.

Edited by Hardwired

36 minutes ago, Hardwired said:

I have a feeling that is fake, i dont know why. The game seems masked to be honest. If you look at the edges of the TV its off.

Maybe and also the DEVS did not show anything about PS 4 thay only talk about XBOX

Also, if it was being played on a PS4 I guess it would be classed as false advertisement in a way. I think that it was done because of the content included (the dirty stuff) so it was more for comedy than seriousness. 

Just now, Hardwired said:

would be classed as false advertisement in a way.

The dayz devs confirmed it in one of their status updates that it was pre recorded footage from a pc.

Then I guess i'm wrong, and props to them getting it onto Netflix ayy.

It does look pretty fake. Does anyone have the link to the devs statement to it?

Nope, but I did notice SepticFalcon made a video.

https://forums.dayz.com/topic/238016-status-report-27-february-2018/
"I would like to tell you an interesting thing that happened already a few months ago, but some members of the community still ask about it today. We've got in touch with the creators of a Norwegian political thriller TV series named Okkupert (Occupied) based on an original idea by Jo Nesbø in 2016. A lot of you already saw the episode September (second series) which had DayZ in it. In the episode, the Norwegian Police Security Service is using DayZ to infiltrate a resistance group and to gather some information. You can see them playing on PlayStation 4, however, it wasn't for real. At that time, it was still not possible and a lot of you were confused. Let's check out some screenshots I've made:"

@Ron

Edited by Saints

Haha, as interesting as it would be to have a PS4 ... DayZ ... I'm pretty sure this is just pre-recorded footage for the movie on Netflix. 

Yeah, I too saw this before when Spetic Falcon pointed it out in a video.

I still think the concept it is being used as is amazing though, using a game to communicate clandestine shit.

A dead game on a dead show?

I kid xD... the show doesn't look too bad