Server time (UTC): 2020-10-30, 11:25 HALLOWEEN SALE
Sign in to follow this  
Mando

Thumbs up/Like

I have noticed sometimes when I am busy or don't have the time to reply to a topic someone has quoted me in-there is no way to acknowledge them other than giving beanz, which we all know have a limit.

I know we have tried to use other emotes in the past but I think having just something like a simple like or thumbs up option for posts could work nicely, I don't think it should be tracked in stats so it ends up being a contest on who has the most likes, but something to just show appreciation to a post you have read when you are in the mix of life.

That's what BeanZ are for. Why would we need two systems to upvote something?

Just now, Rolle said:

That's what BeanZ are for. Why would we need two systems to upvote something?

I think the idea here is a passive "like" system just to acknowledge that something was read. But imo either BeanZ or just not replying until you're able to work fine too :)

True, but beanz are counted on profile, I think instead of it being more for upvoting I think it should be more for showing you have acknowledged the thread.

3 minutes ago, Hardwired said:

True, but beanz are counted on profile, I think instead of it being more for upvoting I think it should be more for showing you have acknowledged the thread.

Ehhhh, whoever quoted me can wait for me to not be busy in order for me to acknowledge the thread :) unless it's a report, then I'd just say I've seen this and will reply as soon as I'm able

I doughnut see a reason for this! We have beanz for a reason and whatnot. o_O Why two? I mean, if you don't have time to reply then dun reply until later! 

Give beanz or leave a comment, I rarely hit my bean limit and typing +1 doesn't take too long. Not really a necessary addition.

Hmm I guess the replies make sense, was an idea that popped into my head after using facebook recently and just wanted to know what you guys may think of this, but I guess your right about the beanz. I need to  limit myself more I think :D 

Don't buy BeanZ kids, shitposts don't deserve your monies

One picture:

21b087052e68468583d2064df0ad2519.ashx?bc

If there are two systems beans then become void as you could just like any status or post, Beans are there for only the dankest of posts and only good posts get beans 

A 'like' system will only inflate the value of the beanz and destabilize the beanz-economy. 

giphy.gif

Beanz are already cancer enough, please no more facebook-esque options

Thats a big minus juan from Bradez

We have beans to show your like for a topic, and if you dont support it you comment and express why.  No need for another system.

Naaaa.

We have the BeanZ system. -1

But it's nice to see you think of ideas though little one. ;)

Hahah, it has been a while since my brain thought of something, but again its stupid :D